1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Miranda (changed!!)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Razor_cut, 15 Feb 2005.

1. (X)TORNADO(X)

(X)TORNADO(X) New Member

I hope that u will send some more pictures soon...

2. Razor_cut

Razor_cut New Member

Just realised that iv totaly missed the option to take macro images. Will do untill next time thoe

http://img196.exs.cx/img196/4228/macro0030qv.jpg See ya

3. M1ndZtorm

M1ndZtorm New Member

Ok, thanx for the update! Rock on dude :rock:

I want to see the VapoChill IN the box :naughty: Things looking good so far though, kep 'em updates coming...

I've got my V2100 case, can't decide if I'm going to get the VapoChill or the Prometeia for my project. Any pointers or advice? :worried:

A bit of advice for the next update, try to steady your hand when taking photographs. Most of the pictures you've posted are cr*p. When shooting, always use the flash and make sure that the shutter speeds are above 1/30th of a sec.

If I don't remeber it wrong you own the nikon coolpix 3200, right? Run down your local "Expert" or any other photo store and get a small table top tripod to use with the camera. That Nikon camera can make GREAT pictures if you know what you're doing :clap:

Kind regards,
    Karl

4. eclectik

eclectik New Member

5. Razor_cut

Razor_cut New Member

Punshed! away all the bricks that holds the HDD. Unfortunatly there were some scratches that aint the most hansome ones :duh: , but luckly :dremel: there will be a nice steel brick that will hold the compressor so the alu whont bend, with som silver or black grill on it.. Couse the compressor is around 16kg heavy it will need some non bendable steel that holds it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gota cover these holes somehow, any idea? Some will be coverd with the FMW..

[​IMG]

Back with more soon!! :dremel:

6. unrealhippie

unrealhippie New Member

looking good! :thumb:

7. tm36usa

tm36usa New Member

looking good :rock: mabey you could cover the holes with some of that black sound absorbing stuff like akasa. Something like this- http://www.svc.com/akasapaxmate.html I think it would look pretty cool. Just my $0.02

8. Razor_cut

Razor_cut New Member

Its a nice idea. Will look into it. But one cone is that it will bring more heat into the components I belive..

But thanks :thumb:

9. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Finally! Somebody doing a proper job of integrating a phase change cooling system into one of these cases :D

I commend you sir :rock:

10. Razor_cut

Razor_cut New Member

As you know, all the holes on the sidepannel of the LS vapo, theyre probably there for a reason and for the looks, so I thought of put a plexi window where the vapo wil be and drill all these smal holes witch the orginal sidepannel has. Problem is just to make them as exact as the original.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the nasty scratches, but they will be coverd and therfore invinsible :dremel:
    [​IMG]

Also removed the Powersuply grill, that whont be fitting as the plan follows.
    So its a little problem, where to put the powersluply... Maby you could put it inside the 5.25 slots, but it whont look that nice :grr:
    [​IMG]

11. Shinymod

Shinymod New Member

excellent! i actually was wanting to do the same thing... but i've ended up with a lian li pc6070 and stuck with water cooling (peltiers coming soon). nicely done so far, i look forward to seeing the final thing

12. Razor_cut

Razor_cut New Member

Peltier, that solution that cost louds of money and heat up the water so much the cooling will only be about 20C ? :D
    No but for your own sake, calculate what it would cost to by a used compressor. Cous a peltier solution, will in the end cost quite much and whont be nearly as good as an fearly old compressor..

13. Franklin

Franklin New Member

Do you place the Vapo in the Lian with the whole Vapo as it is now. Just build in the parts that are needed from the Vapo, it will save you a lot of space.

14. Razor_cut

Razor_cut New Member

Thats the thought :thumb: so the garanty is bye bye..

Whats needed for that mod, is the steal plate and a appropriate grill for some athentic looks :)

The orginal sideplates on the photos above are for you to anderstand how many holes theres needed to drill. :dremel:

An idea, would to skipp the drilling an go for this solution on the plexi
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 13 Mar 2005
  15. Razor_cut

Razor_cut New Member

Shity small update.

I tried to figure out how the powersuply whould fit the case, as Iv planed it.

If luckely, it would work out this way, and the high temperatur would be taken care of with an plastic bending witch takes cold air form the upper level..

Well the camera has shuwed all the last batteries, sorry for the dark shots..

What I was talking about:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The cabels, will from there go to the upper level, and into a cylinder, with some drilled holes for eatch cable. Hopfully it will look really nice :dremel:

So'long howdies!

Last edited: 22 Mar 2005
  16. M1ndZtorm

M1ndZtorm New Member

Looks like you're moving forward :clap:

However, I can't figure out why you want the PSU in the middle of the lower compartment. I have the PC-V2100 case and a VapoChill. According to my measurements everything should fit with the PSU in it's intended spot...

Take a look at this guy's Lian-Li and VapoChill mod (as I haven't installed my vappo yet):
    http://www.brumster.com/gallery/part3/aaw?full=1

You'll find more pic's over at http://www.brumster.com/gallery/Vapo-Li

Please enlighten me :idea: as I'm dying out of curiosity :confused:

Kind regards,
    Karl

17. Razor_cut

Razor_cut New Member

Hi Karl.

Well he's using a Vapochill XE, witch I figured a bit smaler than it's brother LS. And since the LS is higher and probably a bit longer, the actual place aint big enough. Secondly the intended spot for the supply, would be quite hot (compressor around 70C) compared with the modded place.

But. When my freaking RMA cpu will show up, I can start stuff the LS in to place and do some benches..

Solong

18. Razor_cut

Razor_cut New Member

Pump..

Before:

[​IMG]

And after:

[​IMG]

I planed to put some money on chroming some of the components. But when its kinda tight as it is, and some of the components lying waiting at the postoffice you get pritty anxous seeing what kind of glance you can pull out by yourselfs. The result is shown beneath..

Artikels needed:

[​IMG]

1. 800 and 1200 fine grine, and some alcohol of some sort.
    A peace of cloth for Autosol brushning..

The whole work was done in the bathtube and took around 3 1/2 hours work. I can recommend that if you are aquiped with a table of some sort, to mount the steal your going to polish and a tool to tight it with, it would easy up quite a deal, and your biseps wouldnt die on ya. :idea:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After sanding with the 1200 paper..

[​IMG]

Autosol wich I let dry in for a wile and pollishing a bit more after. :thumb:

[​IMG]

Autosol is quite fatty so it takes some time to get the shine :)

[​IMG]

First result after polishing the FMJ :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scruws are offcourse polished :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It dosent look especially good on these pictures. And I gues that on near view it aint a beauty, but it'll dooo for this time. =)

[​IMG]

Im hop there will be another update under the week since I have a free time a cupple of days :arrow: Then we will see it the **** will get some chrome or if this will do.
    What I can say is that it dosnt have to be the expensiest work that needs to be the best, in other words, sometime the cheap way, but hard work, will work just as fine. :)

Untill then hang loose howdies! :hip:

[​IMG]

19. deadly-app

deadly-app New Member

shoulda gone to 2000 grit :p

20. Leeum

Leeum New Member

Nice work, i'm another fan of autosol, the stuff is amazing and it's only £3 for the tube :D Nice work mate, looking forward to seeing more :)