1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Miranda (changed!!)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Razor_cut, 15 Feb 2005.

1. Pitbull

Pitbull What's a Dremel?

:thumb: was not as nice ass you middel finger.. but nice work :thumb:

2. bixie_62

bixie_62 Minimodder

hey
    wow! great idea to integrate that beast into such a beauty of a case!!!
    umm....litle niggle...you know that pic that you have where youve got i under condensation thingy on cpu socket,......is the compound actually on the socket and then the cpu goes onto it? sorry, the pic looks a little blurry.but is it really a good idea to put that anti-condensation stuff actually ON the socket where the pins make contact? surely when you put the cpu in it'll go into the little holes in the socket and act as an insulator? or even lower the conductivity? not sure tho, mite just be interpreting the pic wrong.
    great mod nonetheless!! you know where you've got the holes where you've taken the HDD rack out, perhaps you could put in some small round head bolts that sit flush with the top of the case, you can make it look pretty damn good.
    great mod tho!!!

3. Razor_cut

Razor_cut What's a Dremel?

Its funny you mention that. I looked for that fine grit but couldnt find it enywhere. I probably just lookd on the wrong places, but do ya know where I can find one?

I just followed the manual, and the compound is a sort of thermal paste (sort of cpu etc..) thats made to acomplish very low temperatures. And if it should lower the conductivity between the pins I dont know, but I sure hope not, since its from Asatek original.

The first test whent dead probably cous the DFI board killed the cpu,so wee shal see how it goes next time :dremel:

4. bixie_62

bixie_62 Minimodder

hey
    fair enough!!! lols. but i think what they meant by that was only for on the p4 cpu's or any cpu socket that has a 'hole' in the centre of the zif socket, so that you put the paste into that hole in the centre of the zif socket and not actually ON the zif socket.
    anyhoo, keep it up dude! this really is a great mod!
    you should be able to get the 2000 grit from your local 'auto spares' shop, or try a good DIY outlet, its usually the 'wet & dry' stuff that comes in the higher grit, like the ones that we've got at school, goes all the way up 2400 i think, but its all wet & dry and the dt supplies teacher is a tight ba****d, and he doesnt give you the stuff unless you show him what its for, and sadly 'sir i wanna lap my heatsink to a mirror finish' isnt a good enough excuse!!!!!
    keep it up dude!

5. Razor_cut

Handles

Bought thees handls from a Boatshop in my town, but they were quite hard to find. But they are neat! They seem smal but fitts perfectly onto the top of the case.. A few people have allredy discover this with ther mods :thumb: and I must thank for the idea :baby:

[​IMG]
    Drilld and dremel cut hole, looks lika spader ace :naughty: Looks quite cool :hip:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The handel fitted, but the flash makes it a bit overbright.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Got a nice scratch on the way :duh: but hopfully it whont make the whol top ****d.

[​IMG]
    It looks great with the shiny chrome handels beside the aluminium. Looks like several highways sort of..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Incredible how much Autosol can do. Plan to shine every part I can hold on too..

[​IMG]
    :thumb:

[​IMG]

The budget kinda died on me, so the underplate that were gona spread the weight when you lift the case will have to wait.. But it will be one of the next thing to do..

6. Razor_cut

Well the manual has a picture of the socket filled upp with greas so its done right no question about it.

About the sandpaper, pleace steal some for me and send it over mail :D cous I cant find anny in swe..

7. bixie_62

bixie_62 Minimodder

if your willing to wait until about mid-april, around the 14th, i will gladly get some for you!!! of course im sure we can come to some sort of agreement!!! lols.
    UPDATE!!! lols. im an impatient dude. but it realy is a great mod.
    what kinda clocks you getting with that evap unit?

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

You're welcome. :D You're only the second person to do this, by the way. Nice work!

9. J_Webmaster

J_Webmaster What's a Dremel?

Just some food for thought :cooldude: .... the handles look absolute sweetness, but you are going to have a very hard time picking this monster up with them... It is going to feel like someone is cutting your fingers off :eeek: .... This box is going to weigh a ton!!!!
    Definitely asthetically pleasing and not for functional purposes......

Mod is coming alone nicely, MOD ON!! :rock:

10. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

He's probably going to attach a shoulder strap to it.

11. J_Webmaster

Actually, I never thought of that, sweet idea!!! :D

12. Razor_cut

That would work, but you all need to understand, this aint a LAN comp! :baby:
    This heavy burden will stay on my desk and maby move down to the floor ones or so.

But thees handels accured to me
    [​IMG]

But the look of thous are a bit too much :worried: of something (but beautifull).

The chromed ones will be a go, and the next update will be a form of fire or cubic :dremel: the one that lives will see.

/howdie!

13. J_Webmaster

Like I stated: :D

Looking great!! If you ever DO want to move it, then the shoulder strap is a super idea :rock: ......

14. Razor_cut

So Iv decided to use Pi-Thon hoselocks for the watercooling setup like some others here in the forum, and they are top notch!

The locks are going to squize 1/2" Tygon 3603.

I must recommend hoselocks.com for top service and quick shipment. :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With these tubing locks there will much more thighter around the fittings. By that the orginal Maze4 gpu block whont work so I whent for a Silverprop Cyclone Fusion HL gpu block. I belive there will be some space for what i need, or not..
    [​IMG]

Then the frontpanel-planing is in the making. If somebody here maby finds something not so goodlooking/properly planed, then pleace tell, Im not so shure around the front. :)

Its made in paint so you know :blush:

Modd / Default
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Closer ones: one , two

Update will follow shortly.

Last edited: 21 Jun 2005
  15. Gaoske

Gaoske What's a Dremel?

Very nice work over here :clap:

I would consider option TWO of your last post, is better in line with the rest of your mod.... In my opinion that is...

Mod on!

16. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

two!!

Looking great mate:)

17. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Yea, there must have been a reason why you posted #2, right? It's a better fit.

18. Razor_cut

Two it will be :thumb: but the DVD will have this cover.

Will bring you a big update around the weeks to come. Hope it will be in time..

Everything drags out the time so freaking much!

Cheers :)

19. fatty

fatty Minimodder

I like this mod I have done it to a silver V2000 but I will be doing it to a black one either this or next month oh yeah and I fitted a mach2 prometeia :) but great work can't wait to see the end product :)

20. Razor_cut

Dirt is not specially wellcome ;) since Im trying to get some mirrorreflexes at some of the components this aint good.

Not especially new pictures but they are *blink* *blink*

Ear cleaner works really well to get this kind of dirt away. :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pleace tell if you whant any speciall picture, but since I havent come so fare it aint much to photo.

:dremel: