1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Mission

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by slipperyskip, 30 Jun 2009.

1. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

2. Validus

Validus What's a Dremel?

Oh man... But I so enjoyed your position/stance. It's a computer, not a wooden box. Still looks mighty fine. Good luck to you.

3. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Yep the DVD drive looks much much better now as does the almond slate rather than the red.

4. PaulGreyhead

PaulGreyhead What's a Dremel?

That cover finishes the whole thing off. Really looks superb. Best of luck in the competition.

5. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

Thanks! It was fun while it lasted. LOL

Thanks. The cover probably deserved its own project log. It is much more complex than it seems because it has to be easily removable AND operate the eject button. I wanted it to be a good reliable design and not just some wonky thing that sometime worked.

Thanks Paul, I appreciate that. :thumb:

There are a lot of great bit-tech projects in the contest so everyone should go and support their favorite. http://www.intelcorechallenge.com/. Good participation will help bring it back next year.

I like this contest because it has both a judged portion and a People's Choice portion. The contest category Mission has the best chance in is the "Lifestyle Innovation" category with only ten competitors. I like my odds. :D Good luck to everyone!

6. PaulGreyhead

7. MoRBiD

MoRBiD Minimodder

I definitely voted for your "box" :D
    Its so neat. It looks like something I have been thinking about for years now ...
    There is an empty spot next to my couch that this would fit in nicely... now I just have to think about how I can mod the couch to fit Dual 21.6" monitors ..... LOL!

8. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

Mission just won the "Best for Digital Lifestyle" award in Intel's computer design contest! Congratulations to all the other winners. The Best in Show award winner certainly surprised me. Check out all the contest winners here....Intel Core Challenge

9. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

Congrats to you and all the other winners! :D

10. PaulGreyhead

Congratulations :clap::thumb:

11. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Congratulations!:clap:
    I didn't even know such a competition existed. I've got to get out more.:hehe:

12. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Cygnus X1 gets out more than you do!

Mission got a well earned win. Grats to Slipperyskip.

Do we have a forum place to announce upcoming contests. I don't have any contest worthy achievements but a lot of the modders here do.

john

13. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

Thanks guys.

After years of finding out about contests two weeks after they were over I decided to use the Google Alerts service. Works like a charm.

You can't rely on modding forums for this kind of info. Everybody is protecting their rice bowls these days and are just not willing to promote an event on another site. This Intel contest WAS announced here on bit-tech's forums but you might notice that the messenger was sacrificed for doing so.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=178652

14. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Congratz mate.

15. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

If you are in the SF Bay Area Feb 11th - 13th then drop by the Exploratorium at The Palace of Fine Arts to see Mission up close and personal. I will also have five other projects on display as part the museum's Rods & Mods case mod exhibit. This event is going on at the same time as Macworld across town.

Linky

Boddaker, Green Sabbath and many others will also be there presenting some of their awesome work. Don't miss it!

16. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Nice, Slip. I'd love to be there!