1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: My Room and Everything in it [UPDATED: JAN 5]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by NzC, 6 Aug 2004.

1. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

So I just read most of the 15 pages of this thread...

I've got to say... this inspires me to make some changes of my own, although my budget won't let me come close to your room's grandeur.

2. alternate.eago

alternate.eago What's a Dremel?

wow, that looks awesome, i espically liked the way you finally mounted the mobo's and got the drive cages for you computers, great job with mounting them in the cabinetry,...anyways I have an Idea for your next project... the bedroom you have pics of, I'm thinking swivel arms for laptops, built in usb into the the headboard, and a homemade projector for watcing movies in bed, but those are just the plans for my room, keep up the modding, I think you did an awesome job with that room, sure makes my basement office look like crap... wires hanging from the rafter....computer parts piled up to about the size of you desk...ect...wait till i star my project, im just waitin on the digi cam, my mom has it... anyways im just rambling, before i make too big a post i just wanted to say good job! and you really should mod that bedroom you have a pic of... :clap: ...p.s. i am sad to see this project finished, it was one of my favorites... :waah:

3. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

FINAL POST!!

HEY GUYS IT IS DONE!!

So my couch came, and I have a finished set of pictures that go around the room starting from the doorway.

[​IMG]
    Oh, ignore the older Dells: they are from my school, I am just repairing them and then returning them...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AND LASTLY! A picture to match my first post.
    [​IMG]

I will be back in a few months when I have money...I already have some ideas flowing, though, this will mostly be a computer project.

Peace,
    Nick

4. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

Holy...crap. You sir are a pretty damn good designer and have some money too it seems ^_^. Very good job.

5. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

That 70's show... nice one :)

just realised what you watching on your main monitor

o' yeah, very VERY VERY nice room, really whoops ass, so damn well layed out! your room is huge aswell.... not fair! j/k

6. papeniglio

papeniglio Minimodder

Agreed with DivineSin: you have LOADS of money..... But the end result is very clean and ordered!

BTW, 5 monitors + a laptop.... How many eyes do you have???? :D

7. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the comments guys!

Yeah!! Its my favorite show. I have all of the episodes through last season (thats 7 seasons or almost 175 episodes) on my PC.

I hate switching (via KVM switch). I like to be able to just look around and see everything because I multitask. I just want to be able to grab another mouse to change the song. Plus I will be sometimes watching TV or a movie on the side monitor while working on my dossier on my main PC. And it just looks awesome.

Peace,
    Nick

8. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

THIS MAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH :D

finally, someone who thinks like me :)

i love being able to mutlitask without friggin round with a kvm, its sooo much nicer, plus watching tv while working rox!

you got taste :D that 70's show rox!

9. alternate.eago

alternate.eago What's a Dremel?

great room mod, lke I said above, the other room you showed us is also prime for a mod, oh, and keep a lookout for my room mod, some of the stuff i have will blow your mind i like the monitors you have those 19 inchers? well anyways i use a kvm switch b/c it saves on deskspace, and power...would love to have your monitors tho...nice sofa, is it leather?....all in all looks like a nice room, like it's got a great mood to it... I'll keep a lookout for future mods from you! and conrgrats again on a mod well done! :clap: :clap:

Last edited: 12 Oct 2005
  10. allforcarrie

allforcarrie Banned

looks like something out of an Ikea add. Looks alot better than it did.

11. Zekey

Zekey What's a Dremel?

Very nice, I'd been watching ths fr awhile. I love the way this thing went.

Great job!

12. Halgy3000

Halgy3000 What's a Dremel?

13. G4m3R_X3r0

G4m3R_X3r0 What's a Dremel?

I love it!!!

14. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Looks awesome, nice couch! I think I might have to save up for one myself :p

Needless to ask, I'm sure, but that DVD rack (in the second pic) came from IKEA, right? And if you didn't say earilier, how much WAS that couch? Looks fairly pricy...

I'm trying to relocate myself a bit... maybe I'll have to start the next "my room" log :) I'm exactly the same way with monitors, but of the three I use, only one is an LCD, and they're nowhere near each other and the LCD tends to switch between two computers (and on occasion my laptop too). I'm saving for one of the Dell 2005fpw's right now so I could hook two comps (perhaps a third) and a DVD player all to the same place.

I love that table the laptops are on too, very nice looking.

15. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

Love this mod but one question. Do you have a bed in there someplace? Looking at the pictures I was wondering if you sleep in this room or just hang out there.

16. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

Wow, that's sick! Nice work, at first I was thinking it sucked a bit but you've completely proven me wrong! :thumb: :thumb:

-=Ħұß®¡Ð=-

17. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

My bed is in the room next door. I will probably be posting pics soons because I am doing a mini project in there (A GeeXboX project). There are some minor changes in my room also, so I will post them too soon.
    THANKS!
    Thanks. Sorry its been so long before I responded--I didn't get a notification of your post Firehed. The DVD rack was actually from Target, but I didn't buy it. My friend gave it to me. The count was like $900 (ouch) and was the only thing my parents paid for. Its a long explaination, but basically they wanted another guest room (and thats a pullout bed). Good luck with your relocation stuff.

18. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

*Steals your room and everything in it*

;)

19. Dean_j2001

Dean_j2001 What's a Dremel?

:sigh: u got there before me :D

LOL

20. Burnout21

Burnout21 Is the daddy!

ok it looks like a dam nice nice place to relax, but f**k it must get hot in there with all that hardware. and can i note HOW MANY LAPTOPS DO YOU NEED YOU LUCKY GIT!