1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: NLM. FINISHED 11.08.07

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by jegerjon, 6 Feb 2007.

1. Koradhil

Koradhil What's a Dremel?

I'd go with the rounded edges, that will fit the logo better. Also I think you should round the edges of the tube guides (the plexi pieces where the tube goes through).

2. jegerjon

jegerjon What's a Dremel?

You're defiantly right ;) The guy on the Danish forum also created this for me: http://tweak.dk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12953&sid= I like it, and I think I know how I'll do it ;) Update will arrive in a few days. Also I got my AC Ryan mesh and 3*120mm orange fans! I’m going to work on that to ;)

3. Noobkiller

Noobkiller What's a Dremel?

OMG! That mod rocks!

4. Koradhil

Yes that is the way I'd go. Good luck :)

5. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

Don't know why I missed this one, I really like it :) The red plexi is great, even though it's orange in real life ;)
    Very bold design, to go outside with the tubes. The rounded edges will definately look better.

6. JAxen

JAxen What's a Dremel?

wooow :jawdrop: where did you get that power button from?
    regards

7. Soulmage

Soulmage Minimodder

If you could cut the plexi so it would just "outline" the hle for the bulgin and the tubes. Kinda hard to explain without doing a mock up pic. (like the one you posted with rounded corners)

8. jegerjon

Update 21 – Rounding plexi and creating the bottom plate @ Thursday the 12th April 2007.

Intro
    I’ve decided to mount the radiator directly on the bottom plate. And that’s why I wanted to create it to day. I’d also got time for some plexi rounding. If it’s matching the design better now you’ll find out in the next update, where I’ll put the beats together again. ;)

Today I also ordered some glue, which should be perfect for my h2o block! It’s design to glue plastic and aluminium together, and at the same time be water resistant, handle temps up to 90C and then it’s transparent!

Next update should be ready on Sunday. And here the last 3 h2o blocks should be milled out.

But lets take a look.
    The funny part

[​IMG]
    Some of the stuff I ordered.

[​IMG]
    ACRyan mesh panel – those small holes are perfect for me. I’m going to hide my motherboard behind them ;)

[​IMG]
    My 120mm orange fan.

[​IMG]
    Some c-strip – I’m going to put this in the holes I’m milling in the mesh where the h2o blocks’ going to stick up. But I’ll show you more of that later on.

[​IMG]
    All right, I needed to round my plexi. On the big piece were the button and so are mounted on I’m going off with a big rounding.

[​IMG]
    And on the small piece’s a little rounding.

[​IMG]
    This is how I planned to do it. Now I’ll get a straight edge, and the same rounding all the way around.

[​IMG]
    After some filing we got this.

[​IMG]
    First piece’s finished.

[​IMG]
    After some sanding the edge should be good enough. When I get the dust washed off you wont see the small scratch.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then I did the small piece’s.

[​IMG]
    Voila.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I’m sad because I wont be able to see this fantastic grill when I’m finished, because It’s in the bottom. I do really like those big grooves, and I think that they match the design very well.

[​IMG]
    Some more cutting in the little old case. It’s incredible that it’s still stable.

[​IMG]
    I hope that this will give a awesome effect, with the orange glowing under the computer.

[​IMG]
    I did also need to cut a little here. The radiator was a little to big – but I’ll fix that with a cool idea I got ;)

Hope you’ve enjoyed. Cya!

9. jegerjon

Woobs i missed the comments :D

Thanks to all which’s replying, it’s really helping me!

JAxen @ I bought it from perfomancepcs. Don’t know if they’ve send me a wrong a what happened, but I liked the metallic look instead of the black, so I kept it ;)
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=118&products_id=21126

Soulmage @ I’m sorry dude, but that wont be easy! I don’t think I can do it synchronic, other ways it would look weird ^^ BUT if I find a way doing that, I would defiantly give it a try.

10. elbarto241

elbarto241 What's a Dremel?

eeerrrah.. concering the front, jegerjon i think the outline of the tubes and the switch will loook at whole lot better than just the square piece of acrylic... but tats jsut my 2cents =p

11. jegerjon

Update 22 – Back in one piece @ Sunday the 15th April 2007.

Intro
    Some more work done on the case ;) All those small part does just take soooo long time.

I haven’t got my screws jet, so you’ve got to look at the hex screws on this update too :D

I got NO time before my trap to London, but I’ll try to but in the PSU tomorrow so you can see how it looks :)

But lets move!!!!!!!!

The funny part

[​IMG]
    I did two waterblocks, this is how they started.

[​IMG]
    I need to do something here, the transistors are sitting way stupuid :D

[​IMG]
    And after a lot of milling this was what we got.

[​IMG]
    And the way to mount those block are a lot smarter than the block for the cpu. I’m just screwing a 3mm bolt into each of those holes, smart right? :D

[​IMG]
    And the little problem got solved.

[​IMG]
    DONE! Lets take a closer look.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pretty sweet if you ask me ;)

[​IMG]
    And the hole family of water block :D

[​IMG]
    In-between all this I got time to paint the case.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    …With the blocks mounted.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Off cause i added those to backside, we don’t want shorts right?

12. jegerjon

[​IMG]
    Then I mounted the block on the gfx.

[​IMG]
    And then something which was PISSING me off.. I needed to mill a new plate for the bottom, because that the radioator didn’t fit with the motherboard :wallbash: :duh: :duh: :wallbash:, I don’t get why I didn’t realized this earlier. Waste of money and time. (rofl look at all the scratches on the old one :D Maybe I got a little to angry)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The radiator and the fans got mounted :)

[​IMG]
    And I did also need to change the fittings on the gfx.

[​IMG]
    NOW IT FITS!!! YAYA!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There isn’t much space in there!

[​IMG]
    Mounting the res.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And some shots threw the window, this part is just AWESOME, and even better IRL.

[​IMG]
    The grill with the fan behind… Looks sweet to. I’m going to remove the sticker :)

13. jegerjon

Lets have some shot:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thats it. Hope you liked it. Comments are more than welcome! Btw. I’m not done yet, a lot off details need to be worked out. (also important stuff as hdd and pump ^^)

14. Bas van der Werff

Bas van der Werff What's a Dremel?

Looking great :D

15. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

nice. i love the look, and the innnovative idea

16. sauceysailor

sauceysailor What's a Dremel?

Looks so slick, I love it! :D

17. V3ase

V3ase What's a Dremel?

OMFG it looks fantastic

18. Mr-IK

Mr-IK Minimodder

Now you only miss one thing :)

Pictures of it in the dark! GOGO!

EDIT:

Aww missed your last comment :) Well if youre not done yet i guess we have to wait *cries*

Last edited: 16 Apr 2007
  19. Koradhil

Very very nice :thumb: I think you should have done rounded corners at the window though. Also the red/orange plexi in the window prevents the waterblocks from standing out against the motherboard.

20. jegerjon

Thank you guys, very much :) - I've not resieved my screws yet, don't know what's going on. I think I'll grap my bike and take the looong way into the city to buy some.

Mr-IK @ For sure there'll be pictures in the dark with light (lol :rolleyes:), just need to solve all the leds ;)

Koradhil @ youp that would have been slick. But it'll be to expensive to redo :(

All right, here's a little list with some of the things that needs to be done:

Feets – I’ve a cool design in mind.
    Mesh plate – to cover the mobo, radiator and front
    I/0 cover – My friend just gave me one today, just don’t know if I’ll mill my own.
    PCI-card hider.
    Mounting the pump – maybe on the top of the inside in a little mesh “basket” or something.
    Mounting the harddrive – on the backside just besides the I/O card, there’s a lot of space there.
    LEEEEEEEEDS!!! - cant wait for this, and because of that, it’ll maybe be the first thing to do after my London trap :D
    Fridge – I need to make the strokes on the door into the fridge the opposite way and then repaint.
    h2o blocks – they have to be glued together (just received my glue today, it’ll me in the next update)
    And then to finish off this mod I have to install everything, and clean ALL cables.

Tags: