1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project:ONE | Detail Shots and Explanations | UPDATE:11-20

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by DETN8R, 30 Dec 2002.

1. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

Ok, sorry for this late update. And Im even more sorrier that I didnt get alot of pictures of any of the insides.

I had a few problems with overheating and I ran the computer without the shell on for most of the lan.

I got temperatures ranging from 38c to 60c and I have had to take everything out of P:ONE and transport them all back to P:ZERO

Anyway, Here are the few pics I did take. Ill post the other pics as soon as the other people from the lan I went to have them up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry, I neglected to take some pics of the insides with all the conduit and showerhose everywhere. I alot of people took pictures of my case so I hope theyll post them up soon.

Also, In case any of you are wondering I came in first place in the case Mod competition.

The prize was an ATI Radeon 9800.

Also, I didnt take the HD(with window mod) with the case because I had fears that it would fail(die) so I just took my main (unmodded) HD. It was making alot of clacking noises and what not.

Also, the crack on the side of the shell reappeared, dont know how but it cracked again so Ill be stripping the case and re-painting as well as reinforcing it some more with fiberglass and some plastic weld.

Again, sorry about the pics guys and thanks for all the support along the way. Ill post the few pics of the construction process that I took later.

2. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Looks very nice :)

3. Jordanis3r

Jordanis3r Jigsaw Master

cool- which lan did u go to btw?- a uk based one?

4. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

Im in the US.

I went to a Lan Party in Colorado here called Everlan ( www.everlan.net )

Thanks gordy.

5. Fyberwire

Fyberwire What's a Dremel?

awesome man. Great work!

6. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

Congrats on the win Det. The case looks even better in person. That 9800 should come in quite handy.

Got plans on a new case for the next one? Or are you going to work on improving this one and reentering it?

Oh yeah, sorry to hear about the car, glad you're ok though.

7. andrew

andrew What's a Dremel?

Turned out to be a nice little case in the end. :thumb: Although looking like a bread bin :hehe: nah jk with you. :p

8. Solarius

Solarius What's a Dremel?

Very nice. Can't wait for copious pics. Those fins werked just the way you wanted! Go figure.. ;)

9. DrSpYdeR

DrSpYdeR What's a Dremel?

Nice job! :clap:

10. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

Thanks guys. Ill be sure to keep this thread updated with new pics as they come along.

11. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

I got some more pics for you guys
    The back panel, I used a hard drive platter and a spacer for the platters as fan grills Ill post more detailed pictures later.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didnt have time to fabricate a panel for this area so I used some screen door screen and hotglued it inplace.
    [​IMG]

A picture of my hairy arm pointing to the wire cover I made:
    [​IMG]
    In that last picture you can see the guy who came in second. I had a really cool image of his brain etched into his window. Is actually an X-Rayer and he X-Rayed his own head and had it etched into his window which I think is really cool.

I cant take the credit for these pictures, I cant remember who took them but I thank them for it.

12. Pug

Pug What's a Heatsink?

Wow, I didn't realise quite how small those O2 cases were till I saw that last pic.
    Love the paint - metalflake seems to go so much better on curved surfaces.

Congrats on the win too. That x-ray one is pretty unique mind, but I bet his face dropped when he saw what you'd brought for him to go up against.

13. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

Yeah, Im kind of reluctant to say this but none of the other cases really had a chance. All of them were pre-mods and there was one case that was just covered in duct tape.

14. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

Just wanted to bump this thread up.

15. ngk

ngk What's a Dremel?

nice work....i had to join these forums for all the great project logs....long time hard forum member....i posted there about this case too :) ....nice work

16. maeterlinck

maeterlinck What's a Dremel?

congrats on completion! It's been great to see the project develop! However, I'm a little dubious about the HD plattors... and without sounding demeaning I think there are some parts you could 'clean up' to improve the project as a whole... but still well done! :thumb:

17. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

looks nice :clap:

18. A13n0rma1

A13n0rma1 Wannabe

What happened to the fins/gills?! :jawdrop:

19. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

I see someone has changed my title. Dont know why, maybe its because I made it long in the first place to attract attention while using two words with the same meaning.

Anyway,

Expand upon this please, Im open to your comments and suggestions.

Theyre there. Look at the pics above and youl see the lighting effect I got with them, which is exactly what I wanted.

20. (Ck)Vegeta

(Ck)Vegeta What's a Dremel?

Good Job Turned out Better then expected