1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Orange Juice - [30.12.2005]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Deathrow, 15 Nov 2005.

1. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

i agree with marquee, silver would look a bit out of place (bar polished things

2. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Wadaya mean?

Yeah, when I say silver I mean shiny fixings and grills :). Not silver paint.

Ive been fighting with the stacker for about an hour now trying to remove the PSU cage, but it seems its also part of the rear panel so im removing the whole thing then ill just cut away the offending items :).

To bed for me now, see you all tomorrow.

3. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

How much did your window cost?

4. Samurai75007

Samurai75007 What's a Dremel?

anyone know if there is a how-to for painting a mouse? I am thinking of getting a G5

5. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

6. Samurai75007

Samurai75007 What's a Dremel?

Thank's I picked up the G5 today so I need to paint that soon for my own project... keep up your good work!!

7. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

I will do :D.

Youll have to tell me how that mouse performs.

8. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

Yeah G's are nice, my freind picked up a G7 and its sweet. I want also paint a G7 soon. Yeah dude Mx1000 looking good still. Have you descided to keep the silver buttons though?

BTW I mean the silver on the mouse. The hardest part about painting MX1000 is the buttons cause they fit perfectly in the side and the scroll wheel buttons dont come out of the housing as easly. :dremel:

9. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Oh i get you now. Yeah I managed to get the buttons out, they come out with a bit of fiddling.

As for the paint scheme, the silver buttons will be matt black :). I have this cool mental image of how I want it all to look and it keeps swapping bits and colours out in my head, its looking good though.

10. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Got a bit more work done today.

Finished the PCI blanking plates. I think they look good (they look better in person).

[​IMG]

I finally managed to get the PSU cage out, unfourtunately it turned out it was also a part of the rear of the case, which I wanted.

[​IMG]

The offending joint.

[​IMG]

After a bit of dremel action.

[​IMG]

Dont have much else I can do until I get some more supplies, but I cant order them until the 27th and then they should take 1-3 days to arrive, until then I need to try and hunt down some orange LED's and do some work on the side panel. Once I get all the cutting and drilling done on the main chassis I can send it all away to be sprayed :D.

Have a good weekend.

11. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Quick update before i go and get cleaned up as I am covered in dust and dirt.

I got my side panel cut out ready for me to mount the acrylic, although I have some serious filing to do before it will look neat, im going to go to B&Q later tonight and get a bigger file.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The reason the mod is going slowly at the moment is that I recently resurected my other hobby :D:

[​IMG]

I have a sheet of 3mm acrylic ready to mount to the panel so we will see how far I get this weekend.

12. nemesis80

nemesis80 What's a Dremel?

death, correct me if im wrong, but isnt that the sanding disk you are using to cut? If it is, they worn out quick and tend to brake when used to cut, be careful....

13. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I'll be following this especially after I've modded my stacker which is nearly finished. You've given me an idea to strip that grey paint off the pci panels.

You're planning to mount the plexi on the outside right? Because I don't think you've left enough space on the edge to be able to mount the plexi on the inside, otherwise you won't be able to slide the panel in place.

And be VERY careful with the edges of the side panels, especially the folded metal piece on the inside of the panel, they are super sharp and I have cut myself countless times!

14. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

no, nemisis80, thats a cutting disk... not a sanding disk

sanding "disks" are normally flexible so they can bend instead of just snapping....

15. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

no, nemisis80, thats a cutting disk... not a sanding disk

sanding "disks" are normally flexible so they can bend instead of just snapping....

HPI SAVAGE!!! **murders brutally!!!**

they are nice... but i prefer my 2 t-maxx's and my e-maxx :p

any hopups? bar the visible tank protector?

id love one just for the .28 s/s kit.. but cant justify getting one as ive got 2/3 t/e's so yeah

ive driven a few savages, but couldnt get into them, i lvoe the t-maxx for its extensive suspension options, ive got my offroad racer (2.5 engine) and my road racer that handles better than most nitro road cars (the wheels lean like motorbike wheels do, and it slides instead of flipping :p - plus its wheeliable :p) and my electric at the mo is going to be rebuilt cause i feel like it

just remember, if you get to a point where you dont feel like modding, just drive the car a bit, then mod some more :p its what i do

just realised (edit) that it isnt a hpi savage... looks like one of those ermm what they called juggernaught ones or something... nice truck, great price...

edit2

just realised it IS a hpi savage, noticed the verticle chassis plates..... that picture is quite decieving :p

16. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

I calculated alot MyWillyWonka and worked that I can fit everything together nicely.

I have a T-Maxx aswell frodo, was running it with a Sirio 18 but decided to convert it to .21 but didnt finish it. Trying to sell it atm. Out of bothe the trucks I must say I love my Savage more, its just so brutally strong. Upgrades are:

Monster pirate servo saver mod.
    4 spider diff mod.
    Ofna throttle mod.
    Vertigo Performance tank guard.
    Vertigo Performance center skid.
    Custom header tank mount.
    Header tank mod.
    RPM 1/2 offset monster clawz.
    Custom made 5 cell hump pack.
    Custom made hump pack mount.
    High performance air filter.
    Slider bi-directional clutch.
    Futaba 3PK radio (very proud of this).
    And the biggest and latest addition: the Mach 26. (not even run in yet) :D.

I think that about covers it. Show me some pics of your trucks frodo :D.

Didnt get to B&Q tonight so I will go tomorrow and get a bigger file and start filing that window to shape. Anyone got any tips on making sure i get a nice straight edge using a file?

And indeed yes it is a Savage, im not one to go for the cheaper rip offs. It was an SS, and I must say building it was so much fun.

Dunno how you can tolerate a 2.5, they do my damn head in, I once spent 3 hours tuning my friends 2.5 and finally got it to that sweet point they have and the next day it was totally off again, hence why I sold my 2.5 and bolted a Sirio in the same day I got the truck.

17. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

i HATE hte 2.5... thats hwy i run the .15 (older one) more often, really wanted a team .18 orion but the ****ish things sold out on towerhobbies before i had the chance (£50!!!!)

tbh, ive been using the t-maxx for racing and some real thrashing, and damnnnn i love it, ive broken a few things, fixed em and broken em again :p but damn.... its all good

ill get some pics up soon, atm my trucks are pretty much stock but ive done some subtle mods.......

i really want ato upgrade my engine but atm i can t afford it also want to upgrae all my stuff to aluminium... get it all anodized deep red :p

i would love a sirio, they just so expensive

18. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Very nice RC truck you got there ;)
    Would love a nitro one myself.

19. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Definitely worth a go Shadowed_fury, I remember my first day with nitro, the smell, the feel, good times.

frodo, have you looked in to having one shipped from the states, my Mach .26 only came to £80 including shipping.

20. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I will get one soon I hope :)
    Been on electric for too long, mind you, always had pretty damn fast electric bits ;)