1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Orange Juice - [30.12.2005]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Deathrow, 15 Nov 2005.

1. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

i buy all my stuff from towerhobbies :p

its the best

i may have a look! a mach26 could be quite sexy :p

tbh, bang for buck i'd go electric, but for the long term i prefer nitro, as electric can be too easy at times.... my e-maxx will be setup as an on/offroader once i get it rebuilt

would love to go brushless, but cant justify the £200 or so cost to do so....

just need some decent batteries tbh

2. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Electric doesent do it for me, takes more skill to tune an engine then drop a faster moter in an electric imo. Its more gratifying I find also, I got so good at engine tuning that I ended up tuning my friends trucks aswell, which gets annoying after a while so I try and teach them how.

If your wanting to put a Mach in your Maxx your gonna need a .21 conversion man. Dynamite make a nice one.

3. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

yeah, im relatively good at tuning my truck, but i hate the 2.5 cause its CONSTANT tuning.... atm it wont run cause its slightly colder than when i last ran it :p

on the chassis thing.... i was going to make my own :p i was going along the lines of a tubular chassis with flat area's for mounting (saving even more weight while being a strong mofo!)

i plan on upgrading my gearbox quite a bit (keeping it 2 speed, but losing the reverse as its annoying at low speeds - keeps engaging/disengaging which is no use for crawling) and also making it an all metal gearbox :p (getting metal driveshafts anyways, cause tbh the plastic ones just tear apart in a proper race)

shame its sooo damn cold outside, i would love to drive my car right about now :(

4. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

i got a .21 in mine. 1/8th is the shiz :D bit like a tank. mind u mine is a competition spec buggy, so its diffrently built from a tmaxx :(

5. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

:p yup indeed a buggy is...

im sure my road one would handle quite a bit liek your buggy, bar the fact i can slide it when i want, or take corners at full speed with full grip when i want :p and its 4wd :p

1/10 and 1/8 isnt that different imo, tbh the savage is just a wee bit longer than the t-'s (anda wee bit wider) but tbh i love the way t-s handle.... just as they can be soo well modified for all conditions

6. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

youll be hard pushed to make a full custom chassis, but its worth a go. Yeah, thats another thing I ditched as soon as I got it, the reverse, threw in a FOC (forward only conversion), the 2.5's drive shafts were holding up to the Sirio quite nicely.

Since I got the Savage running for the first time back in September 2004 I have had nothing fail on it, at all, the diffs are starting to show a teeny bit of wear and tear but I have never actually broken a part of the truck while bashing. On the other hand with my T-Maxx id usually manage to break somthing at least once a week (bearing in mind I usually run on Saturday and Sunbdays). Imo the Savage is bulletproof, and then some.

Anyway, just got back from B&Q with some larger files so I am going to get changed in to some scruffy clothes and start filing this window to shape.

7. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Came quite close to falling off the first page there, that could have been quite horrific. First update in a while, mainly because I have been at a bit of a dead end since I dont have any mod supplies to get cracking on with. Anyway, i got the window filed down and mounting holes drilled a few weeks ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats how the case looks now. I had cut and drilled a peice of acrylic for the window but the acrylic went very wrong (corner snapped off and the bottom cut was very jagged), so I will use that sheet for somtihng else. I will order another sheet of acrylic when I have the money (probably after christmas now).

Should have a bunch of supplies arriving tomorrow, however I am away on a school trip until thursday evening so I wont get anything started until then. However I will be sure to photograph every bit i get in my package and show you guys :D.

Case is getting sent off for painting next monday aswell, so I should have the painted case back and reassembled in time for me to install the computer in at christmas.

Last edited: 11 Dec 2005
  8. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Have you got the watercooling bits yet? ;)

(Guess who might be getting a new RC chassis :D)

9. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Most of my stuff arrived last week which I am quite pleased about as it allows me to get back to modding.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ive decided on the final positioning of the BIXII 120.2 rad. I placed my rad grill in position and drilled the four holes to secure it to the case. Ive got it all marked up for cutting and will probably get it cut out tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Need to get all the cutting finished before tuesday so I can send it all off to be painted :naughty:. Currently waiting on the final transaction of the sale of one of my RC cars so I have the money to buy my hard drive, some new fans and hopfully some more RAM.

Until next time.

Last edited: 11 Dec 2005
  10. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

Thw watercoolig bits looks nice :thumb:

Whats the price og the beaty?

11. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

The price on what now?

12. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Well, I found some kore time to get a little more modding done. Since its a bit late to pull out the dremel and start cutting steel I decided id sort out my water pump. I started by shortening the wire as it was way too long for my needs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I sleeved the cable to make it blend with the case colours.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I should be able to update again tomorrow. Modding will pick up some after next week as I break up from school on the 16th :).

13. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

Looking good so far :) one thing, Molexes! please please please dont leave them white/beige silver or orange would make excelent highlights in your case. im thinkin orange is better than silver for it tho :)

14. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Funny you should bring that up, I was just sat here staring at that molex thinking it was going to look out of place. Dont suppose you know anywhere I can buy UV orange molex connectors do you? The ones on the PSU are black and are staying that way, but the sleeving on the PSU will be orange, so maybe I should use orange molexes where I use black sleeving? What do you think?

15. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

16. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

The watercooling bits :p

17. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

no probs, dunno about price, but you might want to check out Here unforunatly, no orange ones, but the UV red do look orange to me... :)

18. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

looks teh shiznitz!!!

keep up the mental work

wish i hadve known you needed an lga775 tdx... ive got one sitting here i wouldve sponsered to you :p

this is looking really good, the window especially looks really well cut!

cant wait to see some more watercooling action :p

best mod for the d4/d5.... 7v the bugger, 12v they make an aweful whine (and in my case, they are too powerful and suck tons of air from the res) so by 7v'ing it you get TONS of flow, yet a ton less noise :p plus 7v'ing stuff is always fun!

edit:

just realised, i break up on the 16th aswell!!! shame im going to tBG (www.thebiggame.org) so i wont do modding for those 3 days :p but RAWR CANT WAIT TO FINISH COLLEGE!!! for now...

19. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Ill tihnk about tallying up a total towards the end of the project. Dont want to do it before hand in case I scare myself.

The pump has different settings frodo, so you can slow it down with out modding it to 7V, besides, I wouldent know where to start :hehe:. Cutting out the hole for the rad in the top of the case atm. Might have to stop soon though because I want to go down to PC World (which just opened) and see about a job.

20. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

all you do to 7v the pump, is move the black from the pump to the 5v, then it gets 12v from the yellow, and 5v from the red, then you get 12-5v, which is 7v :p sorted

the potentiometer on the d5 doesnt really do much imo