1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Orange Juice - [30.12.2005]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Deathrow, 15 Nov 2005.

1. Nix

Nix What's a Dremel?

Just a few ideas and you said you would appreciate them

Im guessing your going for a silver and orange colour scheme... or black and orange if you mouse is any indication.

What about anodising the fan grill a orange colour. I think it would look pretty funky... and if its possible, spray the black parts of your mouse orange to go for a overall theme.

Btw liking the mod so far, keep up the good work, but shame to hear about the atx plug

2. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Havent got a huge amount done since there isnt a terrible lot to do until the case comes back from the paint shop. I got most of the PSU sleeving done, seeved all my front panel cables and mounted the rad fans on to the rad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Need to get hold of an ATX pin remover as it seems whatever I try the little ******** dont want to come out! Look, im getting emotional now :worried:.

If anyone can point me towards an online store in the UK that sells a wide range of socket head cap screws I would be very appreciative.

Until next time.

3. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Thanks for the feedback Nix.

The theme im going for is Black and Orange with some shiny bits here and there. The grey painted parts on the mouse are going to be black, so the mouse will be completely black and orange.

I do like your anodising idea. I have heard some things about anodising paint. I will ahve to research this further, might be worth scrapping the silver shiny stuff for anodisied orange shiny stuff.

Thanks again!

4. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

That sleeving looks amazing in orange! Really good job too! :)
    I'm PM'ing you a link to bolts.

5. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Thanks, my first time sleeving :). There are a few errors, but I managed to correct or at least cover up most of them.

Thanks for the link to the screws again Shadow. They will come in handy and make the whole set up look alot better IMO.

6. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

:D Again no problems!
    Still need to finish my sleeving... damn. I have no patience for it! :p

7. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

I know others have given you some ideas on ATX pin removal, but I saw somewhere an ink tube from a pen works good if cut after the point.

8. -Erik-

-Erik- Guest

Ahhh sorry my bad, im not having my day at alll..

9. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Not really an update on the case as such but still information I would like to add to the log.

Should be getting the case back tomorrow or the day after, ive been promised that I will definately be getting my case back before the 25th which is great. Went out today and got my deionised water and some PTFE tape so I can make sure the barbs on the radiator and the res are water tight. I have also received the remainder of the hardware for the system (which is made up of some old and some new hardware), the specs are as follows:

Intel Pentium 4 3.4GHz "Prescott"
    ASUS P5AD2-E Premium
    2GB Corsair XMS2 5400 (675MHz)
    BFG Tech 7800 GT OC 256MB
    Western Digital Caviar SE 160GB SATA-II (System Drive)
    Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA (Storage Drive)

Looking forward to putting it together :).

Until next time.

10. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Well here we are, I will keep my words to a minimum and post some pictures :).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think we may well still be far away from finished :D.

Please comment in the log discussion thread found in my sig.

11. Big SturL

Big SturL What's a Dremel?

In deed a very nice mod, but that pinkish water really kills the overall look. Try hitting up some orange hoses or aditives.

12. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

hello mate, i didnt look at this project till now (from last time) and damn its progressed!

it looks REALLY nice

one question, why didnt you use a triple up top!? seeing as you didnt put the psu up there?

the loop seems to flow quite nicely, wiring could do with a bit of work, but all in all, nice job

13. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

on further inspection i see why you didnt, it looks better with a dual than it would with a triple

did you paint it yourself, or get it professionally sprayed

that finish is top notch

orange + black + shiny = sex

14. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

Wow dude, you have some awesome skills!

Can't wait to see it finished. Great stuff so far :)

Love the orange and black, especially on the MX1000

:thumb:

15. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

One thing I really don't like are the dual colored bezels of the cd/dvd hardware. Another thing is the front bay reservoir.

But for the color scheme itself... well done!!

16. gvblake22

gvblake22 mmm, yep

OOOHHH, I really liked the orange and black drives and front bezel! :thumb:

But I do agree that the pinkish coolant in the tubes doesn't match too well. I think finding some orange tubing would be the way to go.

Keep up the good work though. Very nice painting! :clap:

17. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

i agree, the pink tubing doesnt look very good unless your going for a grapefruit/orange mixture type thing. i would find some orange UV dye and put a UV CCFL in there and make the watercooling glow.

18. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Thanks for all the kind comments. I will try and answer as many questions as I can remember in this post. If i missed yours please just ask again :).

I had it profesionally painted by a friend of my parents.
    Personally I like the Orange and Black besels, i think they add just enough to the front without being OTT.
    The water does have UV Orange dye in it, just for some gay reason the dye looks pink in normal light, dont know if I put enough in either :S.

And yes, much cable management needs to be done. And I am contemplating ditching the bayres. Its not giving off the effect I wanted from it. Decided to opt for smoked acrylic in the window to tone it down a bit. You will understand if you have ever woken up and found your white pillow was a crazy blue colour because of the amount of UV coming from your pc :D.

19. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

sounds cancerous. you should probably have a switch to turn the UV off at nighttime.

20. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Your scaring me.

*Unpluggs cathodes and jumps on them*