1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Orange Monster, 26 July 2006; Wire routing blocks 16.3.2014

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Darkened, 26 Jul 2006.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

2. Darkened

Darkened What's a Dremel?

Pump mounting plate...

Here comes part 2 of todays update.

I've finally managed to get almost all the parts I need to finish this bugger, so the layout of the water cooling stuff is coming together also.

The pump is going to be mounted in the lower compartment of the Lian Li case, but I wanted to do something different with it, so here goes...

[​IMG]

Firstly I didn't like the acrylic top anymore, so I ordered this top from the kind people at Petra's Tech, looks really good to me, smaller and should be a bit more effective as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that I took a piece of 2mm alu and cut it to size, bent it into shape and made some funky cuts to it :hehe: As you can see, this part isn't quite done yet, needs a bit of sanding and on top of that, it'll be painted black.

[​IMG]

Here's the backside, no holes in the L-bar yet since I need to measure it in the case to get it just perfect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the pump, a cable/tube gland and some acrylic pieces attached to the mounting plate, the plot is thickening :D

[​IMG]

A view from the top. Here you can see the shape of the mounting plate, damn that was hard to photograph.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few pictures of the cable gland...

[​IMG]

...and here you can see how the cable gland works with the tube.

Let's turn off the lights and bring on the UV!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damn that looks funky :thumb: This is the color that I'm looking for, but this time it was produced by a cold cathode behind the plate. In the final version, it'll be lighted with leds.

See what happens when I take the UV - light source to the front of the plate...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It still looks funky all right, but it isn't orange anymore.

I'll leave you with a few cool pictures...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okay, that was about it for this time. Hopefully I'll be able to bring you updates a bit more often from now on :hehe:

A big thanks goes out to all of you who have waited patiently for me to do this update, hopefully it'll be as good for you as it was for me, lol.

Darkened

3. ShadowWings

ShadowWings What's a Dremel?

Looks great, keep on updating.

We still chant; "We want Darkened"

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Looks good dark!

However, it would look EVEN better if the cuts had another little sand or file down!

5. Darkened

Hey '91, you should read the text and not just look at the pretty pictures :hehe:

"As you can see, this part isn't quite done yet, needs a bit of sanding and on top of that, it'll be painted black."

Darkened

6. Dark~3nergy

Dark~3nergy what was dat sandvich ?

Very nice ! One of my favorite mod :thumb:
    For the res. maybe you should make it like this, so you don't get the green color in it.

[​IMG]

Keep up the good work !

7. Darkened

Hey there fellow Dark :D

Thanks for the comment, support and the suggestion. That might actually work, just leaving the edges visible.

I'm probably going to stick with no acrylic parts on the front since I'm not going to be able to do that with the rest of the parts (well maybe with the Aquaero). Just to keep things simple and uniform.

Keep them comments coming :D

Darkened

8. widmod

widmod Minimodder

great that you are back on this awesome mod!
    can't wait to see more
    nice pump plate btw :rock:

9. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

Hey, the man is back! :D

I love the combination of plexi and aluminium Darkened... you've given me some ideas for finishing off the inside of AppleCoreII.

Cyp.

10. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Good to see you back!

11. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Well, it was worth waiting. It's good to see you here! Hope you find time to post next update soon :thumb:

12. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

Hehe, I was just about to suggest the same thing.. but perhaps with a ~45° degree angle on the edges in the holes (should be easily done with a router), if it would produce a nicer lighting effect. If it doesn't look good, just switch to a straight copy bit on the router and make the edge 90° instead (that is, if you have access to a router Darkened).
    I like the way you think Dark~3nergy! Gotta have something to do with the non-luminous nicks. :p ^_^

Looking great Darkened! I like where you are going with this mod.. black + alu with orange highlights sounds hot. Looking forward to seeing more!

13. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

YAY! ahhhh now i remember what I was missing out on hehe, good to have you back at it (on the forums) darkend :thumb:

14. Angleus

Angleus What's a Dremel?

WOOT! GLad to see you back out at, work its as awesome as ever, and the petra-tech top for the DDC is much better than the acrylic one, good choice

15. Neji

Neji What's a Dremel?

Wow those pictures are really beautiful! Nice work.

16. theAlien

theAlien I know what a Dremel is....

it's great to see you back to tangle the Orange Monster again...........:thumb:

Alan

17. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Can we have a full case shot with these new and amazing mods you've got?

18. Darkened

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

@Supra55

Next up is installing the water blocks, but once that's done, it's time to install them in the case.

Keep them comments rolling :D

Darkened

19. Fused

Fused Minimodder

At last an update! I love this mod glad to see its still going! I love orange mods, hoping to include some orange acrylic work in my first mod!
    Think I need to re-read the thread to remember all the workings of the project.
    -Subscribed

EDIT: 49 Pages ouch hats alot of reading! (Tribute to your of course though :D )

Last edited: 25 Feb 2008
  20. KillerCroc

KillerCroc What's a Dremel?

I vote with Evenge: "Well, it was worth waiting" ; glad to see you're alive and moddin', Janne - peace out...

Tags: