1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: OverMOD by Blueball (Tons-O-Pics!)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Blueball, 29 Aug 2004.

1. Blueball

Blueball What's a Dremel?

That was my bad. I accidentally posted the wrong link. It has been fixed and resized.
    I just wanted to start my project thread here with a *BANG* is all.

Does anyone know of any modding contests? I'd be interested to see if I have what it takes :worried:

2. JavaDog

JavaDog What's a Dremel?

That is just so damn sweet! :rock:

See, we love pictures. Even more so if it is of a bad-ass custom cooling rig! :D

3. Blueball

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have long since cleaned out the server room in the basement. It was a tad messy.

I keep all but my OverMOD project in the basement where it is cool and quiet. Leaving me with only the sound of my Dual PSU to annoy me. (My office is directly above the server room.

Here's something I didn't count on but helps me plenty. Whenever I have to disconnect a tube (when pump is off :wallbash: ) gravity quickly pulls all the water from the system to the fridge in a giant whooshing/sucking manner. :clap:

4. lillbrorsan

lillbrorsan What's a Dremel?

Is there a complete guide how to do such "smoke" ?

5. Blueball

Dry ice (cubed form) ... simply toss it in water. Instant cold 'smoke' ... like at halloween. Available at most welding supply stores in block or cube form.

I recommend using a seperate water chamber because it boils/evapourates and can get sucked in (evapourating gasses expand in your tubing) and create a massive amount of air bubbles in your system. This is why I made a 'De-bubbler' ... here is a pic of it (I tried it in two locations ... fridge is best)

[​IMG]

6. toyomatt84

toyomatt84 What's a Dremel?

De-bubbler also has metal flakes. :D But it has parted ways from the desktop. :D

7. Blueball

Here's a pic of my last prototype. Worked very well. It was definatly easier to make :hip:

[​IMG]

8. Blueball

It has been moved to the fridge.

I will be adding more flakes (arts and crafts mini flakes) to my system ... it is a great way to visually verify flowrate.

I found some more red plexi for free and I'm thinking of a 'fountain/watercolumn' UV mod. Basically ... I want to create a cool visual water effect off my return line.

9. Blueball

I photoshopped my LCD into the picture (I should get it this Tuesday)
    [​IMG]

10. toyomatt84

I like the particle idea, as well as the photoshop of your lcd to be. I like it a lot. Plus it looks like your income/outgoing lines look much much cleaner. Way to go Blue!

11. Dean_j2001

Dean_j2001 What's a Dremel?

ive been following this also on the OCuK forums and i just have to say this setup is unreal! mod on bro :rock:

you couldnt possibly provide some diagrams of your de bubbler could you or an explination as such thx

12. mobius9

mobius9 Minimodder

from the design of it, I'd guess it isolates the bubble filled water, replaces the system with bubble free water, then the bubbly water eventually returns to its origional state and is replaced into the main res.

anyways, you should chrome that copper cpu hs. that would blow everybody away. not to say it isn't a great setup, but the copper pipes look kinda ghetto.

13. Nightingale_zero

Nightingale_zero What's a Dremel?

actually the copper pipe looks more industrial then ghetto.

14. Blueball

Here are the parts for the de-bubbler. (A modded under the counter water filter system)

[​IMG]

What happens is the water is pumped from the resevoir and up a water column and any bubbles would not be able to decend several inches to the outlet port.

As for the second unit ... (when competed) will be my emergency backup water supply. When the system is functioning normally I open a valve and flood the chamber. If I get a leak in the system the resvoir level drops and actuates a float valve which drains the chamber into the resevoir. My intensions are to mount a monitoring device (flashing LED) on the resevoir and chamber to warn me before it gets that far.

15. toyomatt84

Emergency Reserve? With a fridge full of water, I can't seem to think that you'll use it, but who knows, it might happen. Way to be ahead of the problem, bud.

16. Blueball

Thats probably why I have never finished the second part.

I was a little nervous with an open resevoir. Evapouration and leaks are nowhere near as bad as I imagined so I may never finish it. We'll see.

17. fg0d

fg0d Banned

v. nice stuff, oh and about your site, more animated gifs please....

18. apHytHiaTe

apHytHiaTe What's a Dremel?

19. Blueball

At what point can I add attachments? I am almost out of space on my FTP server.

I have mounted my LCD screen. Looks AWESOME !!

Here's a pic ...

[​IMG]

20. DrPepper

DrPepper What's a Dremel?

Convert the pics to jpg and the size should be much smaller?