1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Panzerbox Mod: Tribute to Wolfenstein

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by CustomPCMAX, 2 Apr 2009.

1. EngelMacher

EngelMacher Our Dremels will block out the sun!

Agreed, Half of my attraction to this case is the fact its only 18"X18"X9". A handle is a real practical idea but it adds an extra 6 or 7 inches to the overall height. Maybe an old ammo box handle?
    [​IMG]
    or a folding version of the current handle would be awesome IMO.
    :thumb:

2. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Thank you for the suggestion, but I put a lot of work into this handle, so I won't scrap it. It needs more pizazz, but I've been too pre-occupied with other commitments to sit done and think more about it. I would like to make it look like the tesla gun, but executing that idea to flow with whats been done already will be a real undertaking. I just need a vacation tbh.

btw: I was the first to receive a sample of the new Lancool PC-K60 case by Lian-Li. CustomPCMax and I recording a video review of it today.

Heres my first impressions, (wow, it's loaded with cool features!)

http://www.casemodblog.com/?p=1103

[​IMG]

3. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

You sound pretty harried :(

Take it easy for a bit and then come back with a vengeance. We know you'll give us something spectacular at the end anyway ;)

4. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

Now I'm kind of glad I haven't picked up a panzerbox yet... lian li engeneering with a decent looking case for under $100 looks pretty good

5. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Bill Bill Bill, that is one spiffy mouse, very nice work Brad.

6. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

very cool mate.

7. mnpctech

Thanks for the kind words guys :thumb:

Thank you.

8. mnpctech

Nate and I have been pretty busy with other commitments, but aware that Wolfenstein's official release is just in a few days :worried:

We were talking last night about the idea of rotating the handle so the hand gun is accessible from the front of the case instead. Do you like this idea?

I also had the idea of making the body of the handle look more like gun

[​IMG]

9. woody_294

woody_294 Wizard Ninja :P

Yeah the gun at the front would be better imo.

10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Would make more sense.

11. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

since your kinda stuck with the handle, why not tweak the opposite end to look like the tip of the barrel, so the whole handle looks like an extended barrel of sorts

12. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Or a Silencer/suppressor? Wicked idea!

john

13. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Idunno, to me it still doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Why would a handgun be mounted to a huge metal box? I can't think of anything other than installing a swivel mount under the case and use it as a defense turret on LAN parties. You'd be screwed if the enemy crouches down though!

All i'm saying is that something that's meant to resemble military equipment (yeah i know it doesn't necessarily resemble that but you get my point) should have practical (or resembling practical) features and that carry handle handgun holster combo just isn't. I'm a big fan of mnpctech's works but that thing is just out of place.

It could be like one of those suitcase MP5s but you can't carry and operate it with one hand so that won't work either.

14. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Personally I like the handle at the back, facing the front, but that's just me. I like the handle as is, I think any additional detail to the handle would just look tacky, over the top.

15. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

+1

16. Kumo

Kumo What's a Dremel?

I love the case, but dislike the handle. I think a gun match the case's theme, but not there or not in that way. Maybe if the entire handle were a M1 Garand or Thomson (or other weapon from RTCW) it will looks better.

17. Eurofix

Eurofix What's a Dremel?

I think the handle assembly is too tall.
    Please consider making it shallower by lets say 2 'holes'
    The gun mounted at the front would be better/more interesting
    my 2 cents :)

18. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

+1 to that Since you're not using a weapon specifically from the game, I think you could just use an assault rifle with an integral handle, like one of these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. mnpctech

I can't recall anything I've done that spawned so many different opinions. I'm going to experiment with making it look more like a WWII gun from the game. Thank you for the feedback everybody :thumb:

20. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Simply outstanding work as usual.

I personally think you should change the handle, and try something different. How about the "Spear of Destiny"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Lance

Hitler was obsessed with the Occult and was apparently actively engaged in trying to use it to his advantage during his evil reign. He aquired the "Spear of Destiny" in an attempt to use it's supernatural powers to his advantage. This was apparently recovered at the end of the second world war by the allied forces, however some sources say this was a replica. As one of his last orders he ordered a crack unit of the SS guard to smugle spear to a secret location.

Now given all the nasties in Wolfenstein, the occult references with deamons etc, would it not be fitting to make a "Spear of Destiny" handle? If I'm not mistaken are there not even references to this in the game?

Edit - Yes there are references - Graphic Novel Webisode 2!

Last edited: 17 Aug 2009