1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Peugeot OSXbox360 - June 14th, 2007

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Samurai75007, 3 Apr 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samurai75007

Samurai75007 What's a Dremel?

Well this is my first project and a big one, however I work 50 hours a week so this will be a slow project log.

To get into why I will be working with a Xbox360 I will tell you about my buddy Dan, he put his computer into the old Xbox. when the 360 came out I bet him I could put a computer into it. I didn't however tell him I planed to use a Mac.

I have been using my Mac Mini for E-mail and Music so I will also have an external hard drive in there to store my music on as I have already filled the 60 gig that came in the Mac.

Peugeot, I have always loved racing. I had found out the other day that Peugeot has built a new car for LeMans the 2007 Peugeot 908 HDi FAP, a beautiful car that I have fallen in love with. My plan is to get the Xbox360 to look more streamlined then paint it to look like the nose peace of the 908.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Lets get to the MODing. :dremel:

So far today I went and got some bondo to fill in areas on the case that have depressed writing and have been toying with the idea of filling in some of the venting holes.

[​IMG][​IMG]

After making a goof by adding to much of the hardening compound to the first batch I figured it out. I need to let it dry now for an hour then I can start the sanding at 220 grit and work my way up to 1200.

More as soon as I can, any and all questions and comments welcome!

Last edited: 14 Jun 2007
  2. hellas91

hellas91 What's a Dremel?

Lovely theme!

Keep it up :)

3. Naberius

Naberius What's a Dremel?

I like the way you are going to integrate the theme into the case, imo when cases are based too much on cars look rubbish, just using the paint job is going to look wicked.

4. Damouse

Damouse Thats no moon!

um, suscribed? Oh yeah.

5. casey_cole

casey_cole Minimodder

Mind out with blocking those vent holes - remember you can use a 360 as a damn storage if pushed.

CC

6. Samurai75007

Remember, I am putting a Mac Mini into this...

7. Samurai75007

Wow guy's I'm sorry its been so long. Almost two months and no updates, well actually I haven't had any time until now to work on this project. My job insisted on me working 12 hour days six days a week for over a month, so I quit.

Anyway I have taken the 360 back out of the closet and have started to get back to work. I have wet sanded the case and now need to fill in the vent holes on the sides and can then spray some primer on it to check my work. Photos will come as soon as I can get some of this out of the way.

On one last note I have now gotten the Apple Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to go along with the project but haven't decided if I will paint them or leave them the mac white.

8. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

I reckon paint the mouse and keyboard - case mods always look better when everything's matching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.