1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Prototype White | Updated:14-03/2011 Second plate done :)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Dahl1n, 11 Mar 2011.

1. Dahl1n

Dahl1n What's a Dremel?

Hi all!

Well now I'm back up and running with the same projects as last.
    My pre project was quite ****:waah:.
    Here is a link to the project: The old project
    Yes, as you see it is pretty much wrong with it:grr:.
    But now I've learned from my last miss and I'm working to fix so the chassis would be completed.

I have not made any kind of hardware for this project when I have sold my desktop computer and are currently traveling with the laptop.

Before I started to cut and grind the chassis for the second time:
    [​IMG]

Now after I started to fix my BIG miss:wallbash::wallbash::
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I did quite a bit more direction for a few different reasons and it was because I had missed the check so I could keep the separator between the DVD and hard drives and everything.
    But now after I rubbed my thinking skills;) so I came up with a solution.
    Then I did it more for now, I can fix so I get a 120mm fan and radiator to the case.

Since my idea for me to be able to get a completely smooth reverse side is this:
    [​IMG]

Haha, and here it is in practice rather than as it might take a bit more:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well this was everything for me right now, but it will probably be more this weekend.

Just want to inform you that this is not a project that will go fast because I just bought the apartment to be renovated all:) and then I go to school that takes an incredible amount of time to me.

/ / Dahl1n

Last edited: 14 Mar 2011
  2. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Aaaa.. I think I recognize this one, awsome to see it in action.:thumb: I will follow you closely and Im looking forward to see how everything turns out. That backplate looks good so far.

Good luck on this one

3. General_Confusion

General_Confusion Now Where was I?

I have a mac pro setting arround I'll probibly convert at some point in the future as it is a nice looking case, so I'll be keeping an eye on this one to see how it goes :)

The only real difference in appearance between the 2 cases is mine has 2 optical drive bays rather then the one of the G5.

4. Dahl1n

Dahl1n What's a Dremel?

yes you do :) I will go whit the idee of making two plats and make them toghter whit glew and some riverts :)

O.O i wish i hade that one two hehe
    good luck whit converting yours and remember that the case is like a Tank ;) :(

//Dahl1n

5. Dahl1n

Dahl1n What's a Dremel?

Mini update! Inside cover idee :)

Hi all :)
    Here I have a picture of how my insides will be mede with some plexiglass.
    Below, I'm going to put the night train, pump and my 280mm radiator.
    [​IMG]

I can say to tell the two round holes at the side of the hose to pump and radiator then the black square in the back of it a surprise that I hope will be a little interesting.

It is where all of this time
    Will hopefully way more work done for next weekend :cooldude:

/ / Dahl1n

6. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I have 3 G5 cases(well 2 and 1/4). The Pro case is seriously nice too. A comparison.

[​IMG]

PRO is on the right. One HAS to love the paneling. Hiding all the internal bits.

john

7. Dahl1n

Dahl1n What's a Dremel?

i can just say that Apple knows how to make awesome cases and you just have to love the hole case from apple :)
    and i can tell you that im realy jealous of you having 3 cases:grr: hehe
    //Dahl1n

8. Dahl1n

Dahl1n What's a Dremel?

Update: Second plate done :)

Hi all :)
    I agree as I have said to make a new back page to the chassis.
    And I have now made ​​it clear two aluminum plates so I can turn on the paragraph that hold the graphics card and the like.
    It is left to do on them is to cut out the 120mm fan and then to do everything right and good on them so it looks like a plate that has always served as one of the chassis.
    Here are some pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Everything here is sawn so now I will not have to fit reasonably well with the second aluminum plate.

[​IMG]
    Here is the finished ground and now must be bulking test fit with the other side then, but will fix it so it becomes straighter and more beautiful:)

[​IMG]
    Here are the plates at each other and they fit awesome with each other really did not think it would be so good now it's good to start by securing them to each other and to the case:lol:.

Unfortunately there will come a bit later in the week or month that it is very much to do in school.:grr:

But little time is always included in all cases:D.

/ / Dahl1n

Razer2007 likes this.
  9. microsoftPerson

microsoftPerson What's a Dremel?

Always like to see a macintosh case hacked to pieces to fit some proper components. :)

But in all serious, I agree with the previous posters, these G5 cases were amazing. I wish we could get the engineer who designed these to actively participate in these forums, modding as a hobby. Those cases performed seriously well too.. low temps.. quiet. We cleaned them twice a year but they never seemed as dusty as other traditionally designed PCs either.

10. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

I love the G5 case. I'm also starting a G5 conversion in a few weeks/months.

I will be watching here to get some tips, and also help where I can. I don't want you to mess something up on this case. (not that i'm suspecting that you would ;) ). I also like the isea of the double layered back panel :thumb:

What did you do with the internal components? Especially the watercooling. Those stuff gives me plenty of fun in the garage. Striping apart, cleaning the leaked blocks, polishing it, whatever.

LOL. Good luck with this mod!

11. Dahl1n

Dahl1n What's a Dremel?

Yes, i hope that i can make a good converting for this one 2 :)
    and this cases is built like tanks, itd no way they are easy to take apart :(
    but the design and engenering in the case is one of the best that i have ever seen. :rock:

Yes i like tips and i need allot of them later on i think :) and i hope that i can help as much as i can whit your case :D
    And mess things up is my secend name :) as you can see in the top i did start to **** up the case the first thing i did ;) :hehe:

and the watercooling did i sell and all the other stuff to :S im regreting it now but i will buy some new stuff and start over and make my first ever wc built ;)

//Dahl1n