1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Pure {Stage 2 Under Way} {Update 31/07/04}

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Xoddoza, 20 Jun 2004.

1. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I prefer the honeycomb myself (and just found some that's the same as mnpctech's for $2.53/sq ft not $5.99!) but that kinda diamond look sets it apart.

I like the thumbscrews to hold in the drives... I'm surprised more people don't do it (it's my favorite thing, although it was a bit of a pain getting enough thumbscrews as I use all 9 of my drive bays and almost everything uses M3 (lian li style) threading). They're kinda catchy and are set off nicely from the black interior.

That chip you just mentioned should do interesting things... will it kinda give a result like madlights do? I've got a set... they're fun and overly bright lol, pwn a cold cathode for versatility any day too. However the LEDs act, it should come out nicely.

2. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

I've thought up another possable name for this project.

State of Simple

I like it, its quite catchy, also like M-Mesh

Any more ideas?

3. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Somthing else Worthy of noting is the awesome airflow i seem to get through the mesh. The air under the Harddrives enough to keep it at 25 degrees no matter what.... Not to loud either (If you ignore the bloody TT fan lol) :hehe:

You can really feel the air sucking in through the front. :rock:

4. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

It will sort of be like mad lights but eventually it may be doing more than that could ever do. Biggest things customability.

5. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

I decided to start on the Rear Cover for the vent, the old PSU case is the donner.

[​IMG]

I managed to find some 300 grit sandpaper in the garden shed :D So i started on the Alluminium Plate to cover the rear vent.

[​IMG]

After 30 mins of sanding with differnt grit sandpaper it was looking not to bad. Still a bit of work to do, i'm getting some finer grit sandpager and polish to make it more shinny :D It still looks better in real life.

[​IMG]

Eventually it will live here.

I'm still needing a project name people ;) The two current ideas are

M-Mesh and State of Simple

6. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

how about simply 'Axe'?

7. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Project Mesh Maddness??? Sure is alot of mesh. keep up the good work! :thumb:

8. meiv_4

meiv_4 What's a Dremel?

mmmmmm expanded sheet metal is so awsome, or as you refer to it, mesh. i need to find me some for some fan guards. looking good man keep it up.

9. guy

guy What's a Dremel?

damn i love that mesh look so far, looks awesome

10. Mondak

Mondak What's a Dremel?

I think your mod looks great.

The question I have is more general than just this thread...What happens when you have multiple mesh openings? I have enough trouble keeping out dust as it is. Seems like we are just making it easier for the dust to get in. Anyone provide some insight on the pros and cons here?

11. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

I'm not sure.

On one hand, more vents mean that the air can move slower through the mesh and have less of a suction effect. But it can also mean more area for the dust to enter....

I'm going to buy some filtercloth to help it out :)

12. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

I've decided to name "Pure Class" :hehe: :rock:

I like it and its got a cool ring to it.

Recived some 10000mcd White LED's today.. They really are bright. Should be excellent for the motherboard lightning.

Last edited: 8 Jul 2004
  13. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

I'm investigating useing a touch pannal to control fuctions. It would probably be mounted inside the case and the picaxe functions and switches would use it instead of regular boaring switches. Its going to be a rather busy circut when its all finished.

It would definitly be hiden well somehow, maybe built into a polished/brushed alluminium pannel. In the very lower drives. I'll have to see if its possiable first...

14. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

the mesh is nice and all but.... on the front panel, you should bondo and spray and sand etc to make it look integrated, and for the PSU, you should cut out sections of the cover, attaching the mesh underneath. For the mesh up front, spray it to match the case.

15. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Update Times

Its holidays so time for some modding. You might remember the PSU case.
    I Sucsessfully cut it up ;)

[​IMG]

After some more shanding it was time to fit it into position.

[​IMG]

It looks great in place. In real life its alot more refelective than this.

[​IMG]

Notice the ghetto Fan cooler. Its an old temporary video card. Got to keep it running some how.

[​IMG]

These pictures dont to justice to what it really looks like and also, theres now very little air recycling through the back of the case, its all sucked from the front.

I've ordered a black Vantect kit and a whole heap of extra black braidiing as i have something special in store later. I decided on black not blue as it will fit into the case alot better, stealther. The eventuall water cooling system will be blue UV reactive tubing or dye so that will be the focus. I've also decided to order a black ATX plug kits and black braiding, black molexs = awesome.

Here is an overview shot of the interior.

[​IMG]

Should arrive soonish. Stay tuned.

16. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

I really hope you ordered another five or so feet of 1/8 Inch, because with your supply, you won't be able to sleeve quite everything. And it IS possible to sleeve your four pin fans on 1/8.

17. splinter_cell

splinter_cell What's a Dremel?

i really like the mesh that you have but the blue tubing just doesnt seem to cut it, mebe black cable wrap would look better. other thatn that its nothing short of :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

18. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Yup. I've ordered extra in all sizes. So i'll have plenty for the future. And it WILL be needed.

Yea, the blue tubing just ain't cutting it. Thats why i've got an vantect kit + extras + black atx molex plugs on the way.

19. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Watercooling Ducting

I'm going to have to do some serious ducting so the radiator can get cool air from outside the case and enough of it.

[​IMG]

This is how currently it would get in.

a) through the floppy drive bat mesh
    b) underneath the case.

Some air would recylce trhough the raidator (Could slip up the side between case side and the radiator.

[​IMG]

This is what i'm hoping for. The white is the radiator, orage fan and green moulding.

Question is it more efficiant to blow or suck?? (Refering to the fan all you dirty minded people)

With the molding like that, the outside of the case would be.....

[​IMG]

I'm still a bit unsure about the components. So far its going to be a Silverprop CPU and GPU waterblocks, and Ehiem 1048 Pump and a 1x 5 1/4 inch bay res. I'm unsure about what radiator and fan to use.

The fans either going to be an alluminim Evercool or Panaflow fan. I'm not sure which will give the best Flow : Noise ratio. Anyone have any ideas??

20. malcolm

malcolm What's a Dremel?

I tried both, and it doens't seem to make much difference. If you have it sucking though, the dust builds up on the open side of the rad, which makes it easier to clean :)