1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Pure {Stage 2 Under Way} {Update 31/07/04}

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Xoddoza, 20 Jun 2004.

1. Sol Badguy

Sol Badguy What's a Dremel?

wow its been a while since ive been back to bit-tech. but anyway nice mod so far. in that last picture it looks as if ur not planning a window. now u dont want to hide all that beautiful work uve been doing behind that ugly steel? now do u?

2. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Nope. I definitly will have a window, still deciding on shape thoough. :) Don't fear, window will be there. The vent probably won't be quite so big... And it will be pretty.

Here is the window etch i'm leaning towards. It will probably feature in other places on the case as well.

[​IMG]

I won't say anything else. Leave it as a suprise. What do you think of the logo?

Last edited: 9 Jul 2004
  3. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

use ladies panty hoes they are by far the best fan filter avalable....and they come in black

4. ErrOnReq

ErrOnReq What's a Dremel?

As opposed to men's panty hose?

Sorry, I had to :p It was either that or saying that that's just your excuse for buying em :D

Just kidding tho! teehee *cough*

5. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Well, i've tied up the thread a bit. I've expanded on my comments and updated the "Used" list. In terms of the case, the vantec sleeving kit is installed apart from the motherboard connecter which I can't get the pins out off. I'll have to buy a special tool.

The kit makes the case look really neat and all wires are tied up even more. Round Hard drive ide's are on the way and some more stuff aswell.

My cameras currently on a trip in China (Lent it away) So i'm unable to take photos but i'll be taking some good ones when i get it back!!!

6. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

General Tidy

Its time for another update.
    I got a package in the mail. Yay. After a rather alrge deliverly delay it was here.

[​IMG]

Round ide cables, Coolermaster Blue Neon Fan, Vantec Sleeving kit with extra Heatshrink and Sleeving, Edging. In all i was very impressed by the vantec kit. Makes a big different as you will soon see.

[​IMG]

To Connect the fans up i was going to need an extension cable. So these two were sacrificed.

After installing it all i decided to take some photos. Nice photos.

[​IMG]

Front shot.

[​IMG]

Side/Front shot.

[​IMG]

Front shot close up.

[​IMG]

Back Shot

[​IMG]

Looking up at you.

Last edited: 31 Jul 2004
  7. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

mmmm looks very good, keep it up, and i liek the shiny stuff :D

8. Death Reaper

Death Reaper What's a Dremel?

Wow, this is a very nice looking mod. I think I may use the mesh idea in a mod of my own when I get to it, definately makes it look clean and crisp. Looking forward to updates!

Regards,

9. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

All opened up

[​IMG]

Rear fans. The cable will be routed soon in a rather unique cool way. You will see.

[​IMG]

Inside Shot I'm buying a tool to sleeve the ATX power as it will look WAY better sleeved.

[​IMG]

Side open. The scratchs won't be visible once its finished (Windowed)

[​IMG]

The rear fans (missingone still) running. CHanged the PSU fan to coolermaster Blue.

[​IMG]

The Powerswitch. It is lit by a 10 mcd White Ultrabright. It looks awesome at night as you will soon see.

[​IMG]

This is inside of the case while its running.

[​IMG]

And finnaly the rear of the case while its all running.

10. Death Reaper

Death Reaper What's a Dremel?

That is sexxay! I like it alot, the cords could use more tidying up, but other than that it is nice! Can't wait to see what kind of window you are putting on it. A grill maybe? That would be uber cool.

Regards,

11. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

I was riping a CD this afternoon. Just a regular CD you might buy from a CD Shop... cd spooled up then crack and it disitergrated. Gave me a massive fright. Its the 2nd bad cd i've stuck in 20 days...

Thankfully the CDroms ok. I don't have money now i'm buying a new motherboard.

Thats right. The ECS is poos... poor overclockability, no voltage controls.... Im getting a DFI Infinity NfII Ultra.... and i can't wait :)

12. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

lol bro I have to say looks intresting

13. nicke

nicke What's a Dremel?

WOOOH!
    haba haba! :hehe:

14. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Things go Bump in the Night

Well, this evening i decided to take some night shots so here they are. Just a few for now as it will be better when the windows inside :) These are mostly close ups of things.

[​IMG]

The fan bus at night.

[​IMG]

The front powerswitch with 10000 mcd WHite led behind. Notice how it lights up the plexi face. :)

[​IMG]

The guts of the case at night :) Still need to be tidyed.... A LOT

Now, onto other buisness.
    I've renamed the project just Project Pure.... THe Pure Class was sounding a bit cheesy, pure on its own is much more effective.

[​IMG]

This is a quick design for the window i wipped up in sketchup.

[​IMG]

And to go with the window is the new logo/window etch. This will probably feature in the center of the window but the proportions may be differnt so it matchs the winodws angels and lines.

Thanks for all the kind words so far.

15. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

I was just browsing normaly last night and my computer reset. No error popped up, just loading a page and them Wham reset. It started loading again and got as far and the login screen before reseting once more. I turned the PC off compleatly and then turned all fans of full and it booted sucsessfully.

I thought this was a bit strange as i'd just fnished runing Prime 95, Super PI (To 32 Million) and Aquamark all at once for over an hour previously with no problems.

At first i thought it was heat but i still decided to investigate it properly.

I did a bit of ram testing and it appears one of my 256mb PC2700 kingmax sticks is failing memtest 86.

So it likes like i'll be RMA'ing that on monday.

I'm, glad thats all it was and it wasn't heat issues and that woujld have been a bit of a problem.

16. Mosha

Mosha What's a Dremel?

Awsome stuff

17. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

If i've complained of hte mesh before, i take it back - that front looks great with it in! As to the case, good work so far, but paint the Slot Covers on the cards... they should be black not silver, to match.

18. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Thanks

Thanks, i'm in two minds about the cards, i've considered making them all polished and reflective like the motherboard backing plate or painting them black. I not sure.

19. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Well it apears the nice folks at Ascent Technologys will indeed replace my fault stick of ram. Becuase the account i use when purchasing is mine and my fathers we are a recognised Valued (Read =spend to much 4 pc's in less than a year) customer so they sent the replacement ram before they'd even got the faulty bit!!

Hows that for service!

The pcb on the new ram is also red so it matchs my graphics card and other stick and soon my DFI Infinity :)