1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Puzzlebox Pc (10/09) COMPLETED!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by [WP@]WOLVERINE, 14 Aug 2004.

1. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

THAT IS AMAZING.

It would creep the hell out of me tho!

2. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

this is truly amazing , I love how the pine head turn out with lightning, GG :thumb:

3. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

that scares me dude :D

4. Morphious

Morphious What's a Dremel?

What is this chemical steel stuff you speak of? I'm pretty interested for my own project. :D

BTW that mod is REALLY creepy but also really sweet. :) Great job so far.

5. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

weee got some work done on the keyboard :) This is my very first adventure in to the land of texturing and drybrushing and its all thanks to that Crimson video :)
    I took an old ibm keyboard and sanded of that ugly logo then i used some of the chemichal metal stuff i had left to make some texture ,coated it in matt black and drybrushed a mix of Red and black on to it. I will add more colors once the red has dried but i just had to show some Progress shots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And once again a big thanks to crimson for the inspiration :)

Last edited: 31 Jan 2005
  6. madhatter

madhatter What's a Dremel?

man, that is bloody amazing. love the lighting you've used inside.

i have an idea for you. it was mentioned earlier, about putting a strobe in that comes on at random intervals (but can be switched off it you have.... epileptic guests). perhaps you could control a relay via the parallel port, or something along those lines.

how are you lighting the head? sorry if you've mentioned it, but i don't recall. either way, you should have some form of lighting from the top down, and some from the bottom upwards. that way you can generate some very freaky shadows depending on which lights are on.

7. [WP@]WOLVERINE

After some more painting i finally got the look i wanted for the keyboard i added some brown tones and finished of with a light grey.

[​IMG]

8. Morphious

Morphious What's a Dremel?

Defenitely looking good but you never answered my question - what is that chemical metal stuff you're using?

9. [WP@]WOLVERINE

Just do a google on Chemical Metal and youll find it, im using a Swedish brand of the stuff so i cant really say whhere you can get it :/ But it is a 2 component clay like substance, you mix the two together and get a soft easy to apply clay that hardens in about 10 minutes so you have to work fast :)

10. madhatter

madhatter What's a Dremel?

any thoughts on my suggestions?

11. Buzku

Buzku What's a Dremel?

THAT is so nice. The head... ohww.

12. [WP@]WOLVERINE

Yepp difinetly :) ill be trying out some different ideas a bit later on right now ive shifted my attention to the keybard because im waiting on materials that ive ordered and until they arrive i cant do more on the actual cube.

13. [WP@]WOLVERINE

-=Update=-
    Now that i got the frame for the keyboard done i had to do something abut those boring looking keys to :) I used the dremel with a large etching bit to etch texture and then some paint :)

[​IMG]

it will take some time to get all the keys done but ill get there :)

14. chhr

chhr What's a Dremel?

Man.. This is friggin' amazing! You're dremel skills, creativity and patience are.. So good i even can't find a word descriping how good it is. Im really looking forward to see the keyboard finished, those keys looks brilliant. Mod on, dude! :dremel:

15. Carbon

Carbon Banned

i havnt checked this thread for a while but im glad that i decided to :) man, its looking great, love it :D !

although, im not sure that the keyboard is to my taste but each to there own ;)

16. Kelisis

Kelisis What's a Dremel?

WOW! I love you man! Best etching ever. Damn, I would probaly wake up at night and see that red face and piss my pants.

17. drinn

drinn What's a Dremel?

The head looks really amazing on inside :rock:

Good job dde!

18. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

Very cool. I love the way pinhead is just visible in a kind of hiding in the shadows kinda way :)

Good work

19. wickyman

wickyman What's a Dremel?

wow you have to be one of the best engravers i have seen! this is a very good project, and your 5k1LLZ make mine look horrible!!! lol i also like that keyboard, though it reminds me of a stonage style, more than a hellraiser theme. lol i am most impressed with what you have done with so little money! how much would you say you spent total? or will have spent total? wow... this is just.... wow! good job wolverine! keep it up! keep this up, and you might get a del making custom cases for show casing company products, like ati, nvidia, etc etc! lol very... wow!

20. [WP@]WOLVERINE

first of all thanks! :)

And now on to the keyboard. It really does look more like old dried up flesh when you see it IRL my camera is a bit crappy and the pictures doesnt really capture the fleshy look that good. Ill try to post some better pics later on