It might seem odd for me to present this project now because as some of you know I do have another project in the works - my PC desk desk. However, I had to put my desk on hold as I did a few exams and sorted out a couple of things on and around the house first. This project however, was born out of necessity; my PS3 had started developing cooling issues, and in the end it was literally howling as we turned it on to watch a movie. As we use this machine to stream video from my server it is imperative that it is in working order, and thus I decided I would fix it. So I designed a case that would accomodate the PS3's innards as well as a few new additions; pump, reservoir, radiator and fans. And with the design done and approved by the boss at home, I started building and ordering parts. This project has been finished, and I will now present this project in its entirety spread over a few posts and possibly over a couple of days. However, as stated earlier, one of the reasons I put my desk on hold was that my workshed was not up to scratch, so I finally found the time and opportunity to sort it out. Therefore, I will start this project log by presenting to you my recently finished workshed (well I say "finished", but I'm still missing a good bit of storage - some drawers will be installed for instance - but for all intents and purposes it is finally ready to be used as it should). In that last picture you can see the desk surface for my PC-desk project - this will be my next project to finish. As you can also see I am still in the process of finding a place for my tools and other various bits and pieces which need to be stored somewhere preferably out of the way. Still, I am quite pleased with the workshed now. So, without further ado, let's get cracking on that PS3. I have an old "fat" model, and stripping it down was a fairly straightforward task once I located all the screws (of which there were quite a few), and eventually I had the console stripped and all the individual parts laid out in front of me. Earlier I had prepared the bottom panel out of 1.5mm aluminium, and I positioned the blu-ray drive first. The wooden panel to the left is support for the left side panel as well as the PS3 motherboard. I mounted the BR-drive on some rubber washers to try to combat some of the vibration. Next I made a couple more wooden standoffs for mounting the motherboard and to add some rigidity to the case, and then I fitted the motherboard. The wooden standoffs are a bit rough, but that's OK because these will not be visible. As you can see I have already fitted the OCool waterblock to the motherboard. I pressed on and made a radiator bracket out of 1mm aluminium angle bar which I bolted to the bottom panel - the bracket would need a bit more filing though, but I did not know this at the time. Then I fitted the radiator, the fans and those gorgeous Monsoon fittings. Then I put the motherboard back in to test the fit; everything is coming together. And that is enought for this first post. As stated this project is finished, and I am now working my way through all the photos taken during the process, and I will present everything here. I just need time to sort through everything, resize pictures and write accompanying text.