1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Rogue 5 :>o<: Back from dead w/mess o' pics

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Bandit_zoraK, 17 Feb 2005.

1. Bandit_zoraK

Bandit_zoraK What's a Dremel?

Yeah I hadn't seen them before in a mod so I thought it was unique and it matches the theme so.

Looking back I could've done up the holes but there is an aluminum finish on it and although I did paint it, I didn't really think of it at the time. Who knows, maybe I will go back and fill em in at some point.

2. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

i realy do think this is on of the best mods on the net atm, it's real modding with great ideas, using real modding skills on a great theme! :thumb:

3. Bandit_zoraK

Holy crap! Coming from the man himself! Thanks a lot, that made my day. :rock:

4. simosaurus

simosaurus What's a Dremel?

the colors of the paint on this case / window shape look awesome together, then the burn marks etc really make it look battered. Awesome

5. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

love the sliders - fits the theme perfectly too.

6. Bandit_zoraK

Front panel design

Thanks, I am partial to the sliders myself :thumb:. Anywho, I won't be doing any work on this case this weekend as I have a job interview on monday, which before the actual interview I have to take a small test based on C++ :duh:, which kind of sucks cause I never learned it! Learned C though, so I guess this weekend will be crash course status. It's an electrical engineering student position so I don't know how much actual programming they are going to expect me to do- I'm an engineer damnit, not a writer.

So anyways, in lieu of any actual work, here is a bit of a visualization of my plan for the front of the case. It might look a little busy, so it's not final yet and I am not certain about the lcd at the moment, but I think it would kind of look like the little screen that r2 uses to talk to luke.

I'll shut up now.
    [​IMG]

7. waitandbleed

waitandbleed What's a Dremel?

Looks alright tbh. Something doesnt fit with that design. Does anyone else think so?

*EDIT* after lookin over it a bit more it looks like its to modern for star wars? Ill go ahead and be honest I have never seen a star wars movie in my life but it looks too new or something. Also I look backed a couple of pages and I didnt see yellow on any other part of the case. Also I dont thinK i like those buttons. Hmm there to big or something. What I think you should add is some old lookin gauges. Like electrical one ect. That would make it look pretty cool I think. Anyone else think so?

Last edited: 18 Jun 2005
  8. Wesker

Wesker What's a Dremel?

His theme as far as I can see is pretty Star Wars true. Those square buttons are alot like something in the x-wings. Good work dude, keep it up.

9. Bandit_zoraK

First of all, watch star wars!!!!!!!!!!! If not the new ones, at least do yourself a favor and watch the original trilogy...you won't regret it :D.

In response to this, and as wesker has mentioned, pretty much everything I have done is inspired from various parts of the x-wing.

Buttons:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sliders- top left of the blue screen.
    [​IMG]

Yellow- on the lcd mount, from the yellow stripes on his helmet (see avatar):
    [​IMG]

Inspiration for possible use of red lcd:
    [​IMG]

Just trying to point out where I have gotten some of my inspiration :idea: .

10. omicron

omicron Baud.

Nice to see that work is still progressing. Read from about two months ago 'til now and am suitably impressed! :thumb:.

This is looking fantastic; keep it up.

11. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

This project is great, I love Star Wars. The only thing on the front that I'm not sure about are those symbols. What are they exactly?

12. Bandit_zoraK

They are the symbols found on luke's and some other peoples helmets...
    [​IMG]

I am not entirely sure what they are for right now, but I am sure an explanation is out there somewhere.

13. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

The helmet Vs would indicate kills and presumably the different colors either denote the size of the kill, or whether or not the front or rear gunner was the one that shot it. Fighter pilots do the same thing.

If you put them on your case I'd make them kinda small.

14. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

So is that you in your avatar?

15. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

Not unless he's Mark Hamill

16. ZuNe

ZuNe What's a Dremel?

^lol :D

Nice mod. I love the theme! Keep on going, should turn out to be a really good mod. ;)

17. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

tbh, it looks like michael j fox in that photo, in his back to the future years.

18. Bandit_zoraK

Hardy har, rest assured all that I am not one of those dress-up type of star wars geeks, I enjoy the movies and the books and mod computers with star wars themes...big difference right? :hehe:. Anyways, got back from my interview and won't know for about a week or so, so I should be able to get some work in this week.

Acrylic cubes come in the mail tomorrow so hopefully I can get the buttons working. I am gonna redo the cover, this time with a coping saw rather than a nibbler. Here's my idea for how to go about mounting the buttons:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. scifi3018

scifi3018 Minimodder

Im fairly sure that the markings on the side of the helmet represent acheivments in battle.
    I found this:
    The helmet has an orange visor and a tall, decorative crest. Helmet markings are by pilot preference.

I couldnt find anything else on it, i hope somelse had better luck.

20. Bandit_zoraK

Well after just over 2 months and very little work done, I've had the case (with my p4) assembled and running. I'll let the pics speak for themselves, but this is by no means the end. I've yet to wire up the fan controller (although I have only 2 case fans at this point) and get the buttons below that installed and wired up to leds for a bit of lighting, which are in the mail at the moment. Other than that, I have to track down my little lcd, which I seem to have lost tabs on. So without further ado...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]