1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Rogue (NZXT Rogue SFF) It lives! Aug 13, '08

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by craigbru, 28 Feb 2008.

1. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

Craig,
    You are the man! I just spent the last couple hours reading through this log, and I can't believe how well you pulled it off, as well as managing to remodel the basement into a couple rooms, move more people into the house, get married, have a honeymoon, and transport that freak of modding nature across the country!
    Thanks for the log of all your tips, tricks and travails. What a modyssey! You definitely got your money's worth out of that metal brake! And I loved the wiring/sleeving tips. Gonna have to look up TEC since I know nothing about it.
    I'm inspired!

2. SturmGhost

SturmGhost What's a Dremel?

I think you done GREAT WORK !

But my question:
    Where you have got the data sheet from the radiators? Can you mail me this data sheet/s. I need it for the dimensions. I searched over 1 hour for this...

Sry my english isn´t very well...

Mfg

SturmGhost:rock:

3. craigbru

craigbru Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006

Thanks Jesse! I'm glad to be back. I'm settling in to a somewhat normal routine at the moment, but I'm still planning the next project. I've got to get final shots yet, and I promised everyone pictures of the 'box' that the Rogue was shipped in. I'll try to get that done when I have time. Second place landed me $1000, a pair of eVGA 260 GTX Cheesecake's, and a eVGA 790i motherboard.

I don't mind the nomination at all! I'll work on those shots. I've got a decent camera, but the trick is in the lighting. The LCD makes it a pain to get right. I may try dropping the brightness way down, and see what I end up with.

Thanks man! That's what I love to see, and that's why I post! I want to pass the inspiration on, just like I was once inspired!

I can't access MSN at the moment, but I'll try and get back to you tonight...

4. flare

flare What's a Dremel?

awsome man

5. nikeunltd

nikeunltd Epic destruction around machinary

heyy!! lets see the new and improved BEAST beauty shots with the fancy new 260GTX!!

6. craigbru

Hey, you caught me slacking! Final shots are delayed, but still coming! The laptop drive on the Pico took a dive, and I'm currently waiting for it's RMA replacement. Hopefully I should have it in a week or so. Once it's back, and the OS is reinstalled, It'll be picture ready. I promised you all pictures of the 'box' as well. In the meantime, I'm in full planning mode for Duality. There's a good chance I can have some teaser sketches up by this weekend... :thumb:

7. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

8. nikeunltd

alright!!! go craig!! cant wait to see this beast with 2 260GTX T_T!!!! cant wait! (STOP SLACKING!! LOL JK)

hope you dont mind me asking, hows the family doing btw since the move in? the basement doing alright?

9. nikeunltd

KEEP IT UP!!

10. craigbru

The family is doing great. Everyone is settled in, and the basement is getting used all the time. In fact, we almost never see the kids anymore. Lol. Is it wrong of me to enjoy the peace and quiet? In addition, this fall, I'll finally have time to get a bathroom put in down there, and possibly my office as well. I'm also contemplating building my own projector for the family room. Like I need another project! :D

11. nikeunltd

haha more the better i guess! get the kids involved, it would be awesome. glad things are going well and "peaceful" lol.

12. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

every mans dream is a true home theather.

13. shomann

shomann Minimodder

Did I just read 42 pages?

Wow. Fantastic work Craig. Congrats on the kudos and the accolades as you definitely deserve them. This will be the mod I point too if I catch anyone even insinuating that computer modding has stagnated or become repetitive. You have my vote for MoTY when it come time.

BTW, I LOVE the personal touches you put into your log. I found myself wondering about your "house modding" about 2 pages before you actually showed pics.

Great stuff man.

14. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

My local shop that carries NZXT won't even order me a Rogue! They say "Too small and hard to fit parts in. Too many complaints."! :wallbash:

I so have to turn them on to this thread! Well done!

John

15. The boy 4rm oz

WHAT!?!?!?, they must be very very stupid lol. Yes you should soooooo turn them onto this thread, they will eat their words.

16. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I asked them. They told me to go wait in the truck! That's like Pi$$ off and get out.

Of course these are the same GEEKS that said you can not H2O cool a C7.
    Why do people look at me funny with a 2 X 40mm radiator in my shirt pocket. ArmHoles, I guess.

John

17. The boy 4rm oz

You'll prove em wrong on both fronts then ey John?

18. craigbru

Thanks! I appreciate the compliments! I've said before, that this project started out so much smaller for me and just snowballed. However, now that I look back, I've realized that I just don't have it in me to do a small project. I didn't take a case and see how much stuff would fit in it, instead, I bought the stuff and forced myself to get creative. It made for an interesting challenge! The next project is being planned out in CAD before I even pick up a dremel. It's probably a good thing, as I've made several revisions, and I still have more to make.

Too small? They're crazy. It's probably as big as you can go, and still be considered SFF.

Pay them no mind. Absolutely nothing is impossible. Everything has a solution. It's just a matter of being creative enough to figure it out. It's one of the reasons I love reading though all the worklogs here. Creativity at it's finest! :thumb:

19. jay dawg

jay dawg the crazy mod dawg

wow great job on this project

20. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

You mean you have a local shop that sells cases ? lucky. the only thing we have here is some place that repairs computers, and sells prebuilt systems at a heavily over priced sale. we have a radio shack, but they only have thermal take stuff so not a lot of variety.

As I'm pretty sure I've said before I've always liked this mod. the case is great looking to start with and then you got a hold of it and made it a jaw dropping masterpiece.

Tags: