1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One Project Scorpio

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-16, 14 Jun 2016.

1. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Also, with all this cross-platform stuff turning PCs in to Xboxes...why buy an Xbox at all?

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Insert disk, install/update and play.

Thats the reason I left PC gaming. Too much faffing about.

3. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Possibly, but for those who do have gaming PCs it removes any desire surely?

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Yes I can see your point, however not all of us have a rig capable playing at ultra high 1440p. PC gaming is still a niche market, it's not social in the sense of console gaming.

I am no way an advocate of either(Ive done both) but there's a simplicity aspect to consoles which PC's can't touch. If you do have a powerful rig then yes it would be a pointless move.

However I do like the way M$ is trying to unify the two platforms, sorta like what Apple did to all the OSX/iOS devices.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Partly, but the Xbox is Xbox Live service, as PS4 is PS service. It's not just for gaming - people use them for Netflix etc. Console is often communal with kids, PC is not. It's convenience.

I hate the fact MS is trying to unify the platforms considering UWP is the way they are pushing. **** that, and **** Xbox Store. Win32 app please.

Last edited by a moderator: 21 Jun 2016
    Zurechial likes this.
  6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

This is interesting, and I will more than likely get one.

The whole thing of buying a game on Xbox and getting it on pc and vice versa is interesting but will probably be a waste for me since I don't want my games going through the Windows Store and it's limitation on what you can do in terms of recording, frame rate overlays, SLI or Xfire etc.