1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Scorpion

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SIA Tech Mods, 9 Oct 2019.

  1. SIA Tech Mods

    SIA Tech Mods New Member

    Joined:
    31 Aug 2018
    Posts:
    28
    Likes Received:
    13
    Hi guys, it's been awhile since my last build but I finally have another in the works, This one I call project Scorpion

    Going with the Thermaltake Core P5 V2 for the case, here it is with my great Sketchup skills that don't catch any details but I guess you'll see those as I add them along the build process.
    [​IMG]

    Along with with the Thermaltake M360 Plus water cooling kit!
    [​IMG]

    ... and of course the Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 ARGB 850w PSU!
    [​IMG]

    I've not got everything I need for this build yet so this will be an ongoing project, however, that said, I've made a start where I can.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    When the build is going to stagger in places it is bound to leave me time to think about things that I can change to improve my design, I decided to try the Cablemod Vertical GPU mount, it looks amazing on this case and that's even with the weird 8600GT I used! :D
    [​IMG]
     
  2. SIA Tech Mods

    SIA Tech Mods New Member

    Joined:
    31 Aug 2018
    Posts:
    28
    Likes Received:
    13
    A little update!

    It's been rather long since I had chance to do much since my kids take up most of my time and then a little hiccup with a wrong package I recieved but we are now getting there! There is just 2 things on the way but I plan to start building the loop tomorrow anyway.

    Which actually brings us to the fittings I'll be using, they are beautiful to say the least! Looking forward to using these. :D
    [​IMG]

    Firstly I needed some aluminium!
    [​IMG]

    That was easy enough but then I wanted to get it engraved but as you see below that didn't turn out so great and was rather hard to see under normal conditions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    After the failure with the engraving I decided that I'll try somewhere else for my engraving, that is yet to be done but in the mean time I was able to get the finish I wanted on the panels. A brushed finish on the outside and a rough mirror finsh on the inside (No power tools and shoulder injury makes this kind of work extremely difficult) and I'm quite happy with the look, I didn't want a 100% smooth mirror finish, or at least even now I don't think so anyway, it gives it a bit of a rough look which suits the overall look I'll be going for
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    Hopefully I'll be able to have this build finished soon now! :D
     

Share This Page