1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Sho Stopper - a few hardware changes...

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by [ShoNuff], 3 Jun 2005.

1. Dekode

Dekode What's a Dremel?

Mmm looking good man, giving me some ideas for my v1000b :)

2. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

Thanks Fellas! Dekode, if you see something that may work on your project please use it. Just let me know if I can help. :D

Yes I am going to use a fan guard. I just ordered the Watercool fan guard below. Ordered direct from AlphaCool. Got some other nice stuff coming as well.

[​IMG]

I am going to try and use the silver fitting coming off of the radiator as to avoid using an elbow fitting and the black/blue Y-fitting below. I am also hoping that it will help with the flow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I may not have enough room because the silver piece is almost 50mm long and it may not have enough room from the bottom of the rad to the top of the DVD drive. The DVD drive is in the top spot in my case. The gap between the two is approx 47mm. If it works I will use it.

3. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

Black is beautiful baby!

Here are some pics of how I plan to run the tubing. Since you have two video cards, plus all of the other stuff, things can get ugly/messy real fast. My goal here is to keep things neat.

I'm going to post pics of how I put the Aquastream together with the Aquabay next. I have a little surprise for ya next. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am not going to keep the AquaComputer bulkheads. The AC bulkheads are nice but, I think the bulkhead pictured below will compliment the project a little better. I hope I get them soon.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 8 Jun 2005
  4. Pistol

Pistol Guest

That black tubing is sweet, but are you going to add a flow meter or something so you know the water is moving? Perhaps you'll see it move through the resevoir, but I was j/w.

5. jtaing858

jtaing858 What's a Dremel?

that freaken looks awsome...how u liking the case..im thinkin a/b gettin the exact one

6. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

The black AC tubing looks GOOD, as does the WaterCool grill, very unique. Did you get an ETA for than Silver Cuplex XT..I can't wait to see that thing.. :thumb:

7. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

Thanks MS. The XT should arrive with the Sharka’s next order. I believe that is on the week 6/13.

Yep I am going to use a flow meter with this mod. If you look closely you can see a part of the flow meter installed with the opaque tubing. By the time you see it again the tubing will be black. I glad you like the work and thanks for the comments.

You will love this case. Well, I have always been a Lian-Li fan since the beginning. You have a lot of good examples here should you choose to get a V-Series case. :hehe:

8. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

I used some matting material to help quite some of the pump noise. I was concerned that the fittings would rattle and create additional and unwanted noise.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finishing shots...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Man, missed this somehow, but great work. Love the top rad setup, very well done. About the proc mentioned a while ago, I'd go for an X2. Apparently the 4800+ hit 3GHz with "high end air" (and around 2.85GHz stable), so a silver waterblock should do well. Sounds like they average around 2.7 max though.

Those alphacool bulkheads are really nice looking, the nickel (?) is better by far than the blue plastic.

I've seen some pics of the Silver XT (may have been TN's, honestly don't remember) and man does it look nice. The XT looks to have a couple degrees over the Silver Pro as it is, so the Silver XT should top even that. Hope you have great luck with it.

Keep up the excellent work. AC+LL=￾über! I'd really love to get my hands on a set of the AquagraFX 6800's now, even just to make a nice looking join between them with the elbows like you did. And my ambient temps would go down like 20c because my ram heat is just going up and getting caught! Looks to be quite a performer as well as looking awesome, so don't let us down!

10. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

That mobo IMO is quite similar-looking to MSI K8N. And this project seems to gonna be BLINGBLING !

11. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

Thanks Firehed! I agree with you about the processor. The X2 will be nice addition. With liquid cooling I hope to be able to run it at 2.8 - 2.9GHz stable with 1.5v or less. I also hope to get a couple of degrees more of cooling from the XT. I am sure any increase in performance I get will be from the new design of the Cuplex XT versus the material used. I imagine that the silver does account for something but based on what I have read it probably isn’t that much. When it comes to watercooling every little bit helps. :D

I tried to color the blue part of the A-C bulkhead with a black Sharpie but it just didn’t look right. The Alphacool nickel bulkheads will compliment the silver “theme” well. I just hope they get here soon.

Firehed have you considered the Lian Li fan duct to help with the heat from your ram? I can’t remember where I saw one installed but when I saw it I thought that would be a good idea to help cool the ram. Anyway here is a link to the Lian Li air duct.

It does kinda look like the MSI doesn't it?!

Last edited: 18 Jun 2005
  12. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Yes it really does... Dark board and everything looks the same.. SLI-card etc. parts are on same places. Except (MY!) MSI has even larger heatsink on PSU ;)

13. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

Here is the front of the case so far. I'm going to add a bulgin switch. I'm also going to use a red LED for the Aquatube.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

The green acrylic in the front looks great!

I've got a couple ways I could take care of the heat from my graphics card ram. It's not causing problems, just making the ambient temp sensor read 50c after a while. Either top-mounting a third radiator over that area or investing in a pair of 6800 blocks that actually cool the ram. The former being about half the price while the latter is what I'd really prefer. The blower fan would probably help more anyways, but wouldn't fit in at all to my project. Until I have the cash I'll just leave it as is, and if all else fails I can just ziptie a 120mm fan to the side for a temporary solution.

The red LED in the aquatube should give an interesting effect. What color will the liquid be?

15. MrMan

MrMan What's a Dremel?

Meh.... you people have far to much money for my likeing

16. ShinySwede

ShinySwede What's a Dremel?

Money that could be well earnt =) ....Great mod ..keep on keepin on ....

17. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

The liquid will be clear as the only place it would be visible would be in the Aquatube. With the red LED I think it will look nice. This will be complimented by a red Bulgin switch. I had it up and running when I was leak testing and the effect was nice. :hip:

Ahmen Brother! :hehe:

18. ps90000

ps90000 What's a Dremel?

Very nice mod so far. That thing in the front, above the floppy, is that a resevoir or a flow meter? Great looking mod.

19. Hasle

Hasle nohasslemods›

I can't say that I like the idea of that radbox, it looks out of place and too bulky in my eyes, also find it odd to combine red/green (having the red LED you're planning for your AquaTube in mind) - that out of the way, a Lian Li always looks good, and despite my aforementioned critique, good work.

20. Enforcer

Enforcer What's a Dremel?

Hi, nice mod work so far very clean and just jaw dropping, but one of the things i noticed that you may or may not of mentioned was that im assuming your planning on going SLI because of the MOBO and 2 GeforceFX 6800 Ultras but it looks as if in the pics the cooling block covers the SLIC connection! Does it, if so what are you gonna do?

Ah ok nm the pics at the top of the post are decieving it looks as if the the water intakes are closer to the card then they really are.