1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project :: SovietPC

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tecate, 9 Feb 2004.

1. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

As for your case, it's very good work. Is it aluminum or steel? I'm thinking about using a jigsaw on my case but I dont want it to rip up the panels when I use it. On the paintjob...don't go with all red, it's going to look like you cut yourself raelly badly while modding it. Do black on the outside, with red on everything inside. Or vice versa, that would work too. Red on the outside/black on the inside will make the case components stand out.

2. naelq

naelq What's a Dremel?

превосходный !!

3. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

Um, translation: Excellent!

И теперь для большего количества русского!

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

BTW nice mod! :thumb:

5. whiteagle

whiteagle What's a Dremel?

Sweet mod man! :rock: I'm as freedom loving as they come and the thing that makes me mad about this mod is that I didn't think of it first. If done right that is going to be awesome, and you seem to be off to a good start.

6. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

Great Modding Duuude :D

This will without a doubt be one sweet case when its done. Ill be watching this one :) Some great work on the window cutouts. This will make the Motherland proud :D

And i have to say "jaguarking11" has posted the dumbest comment in the history of Bit-Tech. I can only guess that the 11 in his nick reffers to his age but even if that is true the comment is below an 11 year old to. I seriously think that he should be banned from the forums because that type of comments should not be allowed.

7. kilobyte

kilobyte What's a Dremel?

great mod good luck with it and i also think maybe adding a little more color to it other then red like maybe trim it out the red with gold and then black for a background

8. MechWarrior

MechWarrior What's a Dremel?

I hate communism too, but I think a case themed around this theme will look uber cool :)

The beat-up tank look would rule too. As a few others have pointed out, awesome work dremeling, im too scared to even buy a dremel :)

9. splashdream

splashdream What's a Dremel?

tectate,

Great idea and looks promising so far. Also, I agree with Altron on the sub control room look. That would be the bomb :)

10. dagamore

dagamore What's a Dremel?

looks like a verry orginal mod, and i like the level of dremel work you are doing.

I wonder how it would look with a bust of Stalin upside down on the off side case door (i.e. not the one with the window that shows the MB and cards and stuff)

So Far it looks great, and i hope you keep up with it, I also like the button idea, it would be different.

DagaMore

as a side note, even after 6 years in the US Army training to fight the Soviet bear, this mod in no way offened me, because i know that a single computer will not bring back the USSR or be the start of the down fall of western civilization, (my poor spelling might though :p)

11. Confusitron

Confusitron What's a Dremel?

I like this idea. I think it would look cool all worn out and dirty.

12. Etacovda

Etacovda What's a Dremel?

It would be awesome to do some detailed work on it like a tank, but in white, gold and red, but then scratch it up a little and leave it outside for a few days to rust, then clear coat it :) if you could seal it so no oxygen could get through it shouldnt rust any more, that would be sweet -

this mod has heaps of potential! nice idea, i love it!

ps. mods please ban that idiot. i will be very grateful, along with everyone else in the thread. Thanks in advance. :p

13. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

Ok, so i get the general feel that jaguarking11's opinion was not apreciated? :hehe: Strange he hasn't replied.... he must agree. Now, on with the mod!

14. knucks

knucks What's a Dremel?

Absolutely awesome :clap:

Klasno. Mne nado nayti moyo zwezdy :(

15. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Right I'd like to say... shove your unhelpful unwanted comments somewhere dark and damp.

I'd also like to say get on with this, as I'd like to see how it turns out. It has also sturred a nice idea which i may turn to reality... (think big steel hammer sickle and possibly some red lighting... could be a conversation piece...)

16. BadOldMan

BadOldMan What's a Dremel?

Excellent idea for a theme! and wonderful work on the windows.

Go your own way dude! Do as you please! And keep on modding! :rock:

17. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

i like that design, some gold cord for trim, draped with a little slack, you know what i mean? C&C would be great for this computer, but have you ever played Freedom Fighters? the whole plot is basically what JagKing thiinks'll happen if you finish that case. :p russian domination.

18. kestrel

kestrel What's a Dremel?

I like the case very much, It looks great so far and i cant wait to see the end result. usually i dont post but after the idiot flamed you i couldnt resist posting.

19. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

my gret grand pop was killed in jail because of comunism. He was set between two cars and torn to bits. and my granma spend the better half of her life in a prison labor camp and my parents were denied the rite to study and continue their education. I lost an eye do to them being uncarefull with their population. Need I go on. They killed all the priests in my country. they tortured the knowlegeble and put ignorance at power.

I feel bad that you all took ofense in my post ( I do admit it was harsh but certain things tend to get certain people agrivated) and no english is not my first language so pardon my spelling.

it was only my opinion and nothing more take it or leve it.

20. Mixx

Mixx What's a Dremel?

yeah guys stay on topic, this guys posting his case and you start dissin it. if you dont like it, dont look at it and dont comment cuz ure just gonna end up getting flamed back.and about the gramma grandpa thing, that doesnt belong here, maybe under a war topic in general discussion but not here in the projects thread. thank you

on with the moddin, i have a bulgarian friend and he always says
    "in bulgaria the cars drive you" lol yeah let this be the last off-topic post, please
    great case man, lookin good already