1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Soylent Green: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 19 Oct 2004.

1. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

Sexy.

Modsquad, marry me.

2. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Sorry, I am spoken-for.. :blush:

EkWaterBlocks is a great story.
    Eddy Konig (the master-mind) his buddy David and two CNC machines in Slovenia- EU are making what could-be, some of the best H20-blocks on this planet!!
    The question is just how many people even know about EkWaterBlocks, my guess is very-few..These blocks are very-close to being " one-off "..
    You order one, Eddy makes you one...VERY-COOL IMO...

3. ShawnMcGrail

ShawnMcGrail What's a Dremel?

4. modsquad

YEP, 2004 was the start-up for Mr. Eddy....
    You are a true "Water-Geek" ShawnMAC..(god bless-ya)..

5. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

those block are amazing, he better stay in business to i can get blocks for the direct x 10 cards when they come out in a bit, is there any way to get them in the US?

6. modsquad

You can order direct from EkWaterBlocks (that's what I did)..But you have to use PayPal..

7. customh

customh conflagration.

Ah what the hell, its your comp and that will look sweet, looking forward to what you do to it!!

8. modsquad

Your not a fan of the EkWaterBlocks I take it..
    I would bet it will out-perform the Innovatek, and look 100% better while doing so..The Innovatek would require 5-6 hours of sanding and polishing before I would use it. The EkWaterBlock is ready-to-go.
    I like the idea of using something "different"..I have not seen anyone using EkWaterBlocks in there loops..

9. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

Damn :(

I don't remember, I think it was in this log, but it was something about an eheim with a certain size intake would perform better.. I think it was 5/8 vs 1/2.

10. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

The Acrylic is "Ultra" clear trust me. Anything you see in that photo is a result of my poor photagraphy. The acrylic is so clear and the coper finsih is so reflective is was hard to get a good shot. :D

[​IMG]

11. modsquad

Thanks for finding these blocks Sho..
    I just realized that when I ordered, I did not get the (optional $5US) Alu power regulator cooler..Damn..I emailed Eddy back. I hope he did not ship yet..
    SEE, never Drink and Shop... :lol:

12. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

LOL...

I really like what you did with SG. The polished bits are nice, very nice. :clap:

I was wondering what AC's new res was going to look like. Looks sweet with the UV green covering.

13. modsquad

Thanks again Sho..
    BTW, I got "ahold" of Eddy and fixed the order..Excellent email response time (like 15 minutes)..It's a pleasure doing business with someone like him..
    His GPU blocks IMO, look second to none.. :thumb:

14. customh

customh conflagration.

I'm not saying i don't like them by any stretch of the imagination, just would rather the color and stuff on the innovatek, personal preference only. I think you made a great choice and for your mod the ek is probably better, we shall see!!

Edit: What is the Alu power regulator cooler?

15. modsquad

It is a matter of personal preference.
    To me it's night and day.
    The Innovatek:
    [​IMG]
    The EkWaterBlock:
    [​IMG]
    The EkWaterBlock is an EZ choice to my eye. It's ready to go, well almost. I will just paint the bolts green to match the look of the CPU block:
    [​IMG]
    I would not even consider using the Innovatek without first sanding off the gray paint and blue logo and then polishing the hole unit. The blue-acrylic plate would also be a problem. It would have to be removed or replaced with green acrylic..Hours and hours of work..
    As for the Alu (aluminum) regulator (voltage transformers) cooler, I was speaking of this area of the blocks:
    [​IMG]
    Not sure on the Innovatek, but on the EkWaterBlock it is a "bolt-on"
    [​IMG]

16. tkh

tkh Minimodder

Looks amazing. I love the airbrushing.

17. Sathy

Sathy What's a Dremel?

I got mine without the blue-bit, since I don't need it.
    It would be quite an undertaking to make a green piece by hand and after all that fitting it in there, since O-ring used to seal the thing up is quite a trickly little thing to get back when it comes off, and with the extra piece it's double the O-ring fun =]

I've opened the G70 Graph-O' and the regulator cooling bit is mounted in a similar fashion, although obviously between the two covers.

18. modsquad

Thanks for the information Sathy. True enough, the Innovatek GPU blocks are available w/o the blue acrylic middle-plate..But no one in the States seems to stock them.. Did you take any pictures of the Innovatek G70 while you had it apart? If so lets see. :thumb:
    I ordered what should be the last few pieces to this puzzle:
    10ft. of the black Tygon (R-3400) tube 7/16"OD.
    and a fist-full of 11mm compression fitting "nuts" to help with the slightly over sized tubing..
    Setting up the loop in this "small" case could be difficult, I am sure I will need some feed-back when we get to that point.
    I will be H20-cooling:
    CPU
    GPU
    RAM
    MB voltage regulator
    Hard Drive
    Using a pair of reservoirs, my plan is to have the H20 "decant" by gravity from the top-mount res. into the second (AquaBox) res. and have the pump draw the H20 from the AquaBox and make it's way through all the blocks, finishing up with the radiator and returning the H20 to the top-mount reservoir.
    Make Sense?
    I am also wondering if the Aqua-Computer AirPlexEvo 120 radiator is up to the task. AC radiators are the (old fashion) tube-type, perhaps an Innovatek or BlackIce..We will see....I just can't help it, always changing something.. :hehe:

19. Sathy

Sathy What's a Dremel?

Hm...project almost done? amazing how fast time has gone by!
    Will be interesting to see how you're going to loop-it-up.

Sadly I don't have any pictures of the G70 block opened, didn't think about it at the time, I guess I was a bit tired already because it was quite late. The picture in the Aqua vs Innovatek GPU block thread shows it pretty much, eventhough I couldn't find a link to it..grr! But if you can imagine the same sort of bolt-on system as on the EK block, you'll pretty much have the right idea.

I can take the block apart again if it's absolutely neccesary, but to be honest, I'd rather not since the putting the O-ring back isn't exactly my idea of fun =]

20. modsquad

No, Sathy DON'T TAKE IT APART on my account. I just thought if you had pictures, it would be nice to see. I have "messed" with the Aqua-Computer models and I know what you mean about the O-rings.
    Your correct there are exploded-view pictures in the AC vs Innovatek GPU thread, I forgot about that.. :thumb: