1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Project: Square Prism Planning

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Shadow703793, 3 Feb 2010.

?

Which option do you like (see renderings!)?

Poll closed 5 May 2010.
  1. Red with perforation

44.4%
  2. Solid red

11.1%
  3. Solid green

11.1%
  4. Green with perforation

33.3%
  1. Shadow703793

Shadow703793 What's a Dremel?

Hello all!

This will be my planning thread for Project Square Prism. I have a pretty good idea of what it should be like (size wise) now but I need your help in selection the light color and to use mesh or not.

What I have decided so far:

Dimensions of the base is 15x15x15" and will be 24" tall. From top to the middle shelf it is 12". The covering will be perforated Aluminum/Steel or Acrylic for the top half. HOWEVER, the top cover WILL be solid (meaning no perforation) for safety reasons. The bottom half will also be solid Aluminum also. All covering are 1/8".

There will be no mounted external drives (ie SATA DVD RW). Instead I will be using a USB/eSATA enclosure (again DIY) for the DVD RW.
    Motherboard on top shelf to allow for extremely tall heat sinks and possibly a DIce pot when benching :D. The main reason I built this case is because I swap boards quite a bit and easy access to HSF and motherboard are a top priority.

I decided to cover up the bottom part because I wanted to keep the wires,etc hidden. There will probably also be a 2x 320 radiators in there. There will be 2x 120mm high CFM (Delta or Gentle Typhoons or Scythe or Yate Loons) fans that will provide airflow for the bottom part of the case and since GPU and CPU are not there heat isn't much of a concern. There will be 2x 120mm fans or 2x140mm or 2x 250mm. They will be LED fans and CCFLs and color will depend on what people here thinks.

With out further talking, I present to you the renderings!

Green Perforated
    [​IMG]

Green solid:
    [​IMG]

Red Solid:
    [​IMG]

Red Perforated:
    [​IMG]

Blue solid:
    [​IMG]

Blue perforated:
    [​IMG]

Orange solid:
    [​IMG]

Basic Solid:
    [​IMG]

So folks, what would you choose?

A few questions:
    I plan to just clear coat the bottom half and give the Aluminum a milled look (this was how I set up the rendering as, but it didn't turn out well due to no ambient light). What do you guys think about if I color it black?

Last edited: 4 Feb 2010
  2. oddboy10

oddboy10 What's a Dremel?

try an orange or a black light rendering it might look nice

3. Shadow703793

^Orange updated.

4. Shadow703793

Orange Perforation:
    [​IMG]

5. Shadow703793

So looks like it's a tie between Red with perforation and green with perforation.

Any opinions on the other one's not listed on the poll?

Also, could some one tell me how to fix the artifacts on the renderings? The edges look like cr@p imo.