I'm making a lot of progress on the bigger details. I've also given myself about a week and a half deadline to get it done. At the very least I want the construction done, and hopefully the painting too. Beginning work on the platforms to go above the conveyor belts: As you can see, it's a really weird shape, and since I'm having to stick a ruler, tape measure, and/or foldable "stick" of paper inside the model to take measurements, these platforms took a LOT of test fits before I'd shaved enough off in the right places so they fit correctly. They're also not quite the same as each other. I discovered when I added the windowed walls in the upper section that one wall was angled in slightly more than the other. This had the direct result that one platform needs to be about 1.5cm deeper than the other to fit properly. It shouldn't be very noticeable - after all you can't see both sides at the same time. I decided, both for visual effect and so light would still illuminate the conveyors, to use screen mesh for the floor of the platform, and to make it recessed. I didn't just cut out the whole middle of the floor though - this is, to a certain extent, wedged in place, and I didn't want that tension to break the platform. Oh, the power switch for the motor that runs the conveyors. I had to run a 5V wire up from the molex connector that runs the lights, and then I soldered on a 10 ohm resistor. Given that the motor now runs more or less as fast as it did on a 3V connection, I'm guessing its current draw is about 0.33A. Happily, with the soldering of this the electrical part of the build is FINALLY DONE!!!! I keep thinking of things to add, but I'm drawing the line. Enough is enough. In this case it's more than enough LOL. Anyway. This is switch #2. Switch #1 succumbed to the heat of my soldering gun. I wasn't paying enough attention and the gun heated up the metal lead on the switch so much that the hot lead melted the plastic, and it lost contact inside with the switch itself. It might have been fixable, but it was easier to run to Radio Shack and spend a couple bucks on a new one. Lesson learned....I was a little afraid to solder on switch #2 but I was a LOT more careful. While I haven't plugged it back in yet to verify it's working, flipping the toggle back and forth feels normal, whereas with the first one it felt super loose after I messed it up. So it should be fine. Funny thing - my fiancee came home after I'd soldered switch #2 and said it smelled really good inside the apartment. I looked at her and was like...really??? I told her what she was smelling was slightly melted plastic and solder, and it was anything BUT good. She didn't believe me til I said it *did* have a slightly sweet aroma. I suppose as far as corrosive awful smells go it really was quite good LOL. And now for the engines! This may seem a somewhat simple arrangement of PVC back there, but it was somewhat of a challenge to figure out how to fit what I had in the space available, and make the top portion of it duplicatable for the other side. You may remember that the other side's opening panel is much smaller, due to my original design which had the PSU box sitting back there. By the time I rearranged things, the exterior was finished and there's no way I'm cutting a larger hole back there now, even though I've got the space to duplicate the bigger engine room. So yeah, the engine needed to be something I could easily duplicate the top portion of. To get it all to fit the way I wanted, rather than partially screwing on the cap on the smaller PVC, I flipped the cap upside down and glued it on. You'll notice some large capacitors arranged around the upper section, and some thingies that look like reddish color springs, but are maybe small transformers? I dunno. They look cool, which is all that mattered to me. Lastly, this conveyor closeup shows my solution for tension in the belt dragging the axle around side to side, which resulted in the wheel derailing the belt. I just stuck 2 extra wheels on each side of the main wheel, which should provide more than enough resistance and prevent that axle from moving. More tomorrow! My goals are to get the platforms glued in place, add at least large details that should go in before the platforms do, finish up the engines and other large details in the engine rooms, add a floor back into the top-only engine room (I removed the original floor back when I had mounted my pump up there. I had to move the pump because it wasn't secure there and ended up being really noisy), and use up as much of the electrical junk as I can before switching over to my bag of old model pieces for final detailing. I can tell you this - my table's slowly but surely getting cleaner!