1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project Stealthlow - Completed - preview of project next

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Waynio, 30 Nov 2010.

1. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Looking beautiful man :)

2. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Like the Nun told the sailor: It's frikkin huge! :lol:

Love it man, really insane! :thumb:

3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Think I remember my dad saying the word originates from really hard workers who strived though some very hard times, but some how turned into a common offensive word which lost it's meaning completely, but my term was at getting a little burnt on my neck so quite different to the original & new meaning lol so ok waynio the pinkneck :hehe::) just doesn't sound as fun, I'll get me coat :D.

Thanks Nate :).

:hehe: Cheers Angel :thumb: it's been fun getting it to this point, well learning sleeving wasn't much fun but once it's done I like the end result :).

Ok so I got all the windows cut to size, had a few experimental hiccups on trying to add the 3mm steps so decided to try using the 10mm milling bit in the drill press again, I clamped a 2mm thick straight piece of acrylic in the right spot & just run them accross to take 3mm off for the steps, got them done nice & quick, it's a bit edgy doing this so need extremely firm grip to do it right, there is 1 piece that was a total fail on the left panel & 1 or 2 other windows that could do with a re-make but all in all not bad :).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll get the failed window re made & if I have enough spare I'll re-make the 2 that could be better :).

4. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Neat!

Something still screams "Peel me off! PEEL ME OFF!". ;)

5. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:naughty: You'll like the next update once I sort through the pictures & get them uploaded :D:thumb: I didn't have enough spare to re-make 2 of the imperfect windows but before I call this case completed I'll get them re-made :).

6. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Looking good Waynio, keep up the awesome work :thumb:

7. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Nice, can't wait to see them done!

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Cheers Graham & yours is looking incredible :D:thumb:.

Here are a few of the windows with the drill press milled stepped edges lol :D.
    [​IMG]

In this shot you might be able to see the 2 imperfect windows, from top to bottom or right to left, the 2nd & 3rd upper windows I milled about 2mm off where I should have so these 2 will be replaced before I call this case complete :).
    [​IMG]

The rest of these pics I did outside as a little sunshine was peeking through the clouds, it was windy though & where I originally placed them they both got slammed on the ground so I planted them in the soil up against the fence :D, no damage was done, just a little dirt that'll blow off :).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this pic shows the internal side.
    [​IMG]

The surface of the alu could use a re brushing again lol :).

9. Marcos_Viegas

Marcos_Viegas Minimodder

Very cool "gate"... :lol:

Really awesome windows, are stylish and wonderfull! :jawdrop:

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:hehe: Looks like this comment sneaked in while I was posting the update :D cheers KidMod :thumb:.

Gate :hehe: yeah it does look like it :lol: thanks Marcos :thumb:.
    Nearly the right height for a gate too which is even funnier :D.

11. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Nice pics.

Once again we are reminded that the sun is the best light for photos. Period.

12. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Much much better solution for the windows, this is what I call perfection madness!!! Mod on buddy, I love your backyard too!! :) I want an invitation for beer but not in a windy-cloudy day!!! :) :)

13. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

I think sh*t hot would be a mild understatement in terms of workmanship :jawdrop:

Superb mate absolutely superb :thumb:

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:) Agreed really helps in getting good pics.

:) Cheers Alex but it's thanks to Monkey Puzzle for suggesting the steps ;) definately a good solution & was worth doing, no extra mounting holes & helps keep them a good fit, just glad I bought a couple of milling bits as trying to file the face of the acrylic I doubt I'd have managed it lol :) I love relaxing in the garden when the sun rarely shows it's face, not seeing it a lot really makes you appreciate it & I'm sure likewise with cooler weather when you get too much warmth :D are you doing a world tour some time, if so you could pop over & have a beer or coffee & a barbecue :).

:D I love it when I get that kind of expression from people from something I've made where they don't know what to say so swear from such surprise :D, it's 1 of the highest compliments so thanks 23RO :), my uncle who is an engineer was over here recently from Australia they emigrated when I was about 6 years old & he never seems to swear but it really surprised him when he seen the Air Cube with stack & that I made it with normal tools :D he examined it all over up close & was very impressed so I was truly honored :hehe::).

15. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Iron gates Wayne... They look great! In fact, it may just be my lazy eyes, but I can't see any imperfections!

16. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

Looking really, really nice Wayne.

17. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:) Thanks KidMod yeah You can't really see the gaps from that distance or if you can it would be difficult to see but they are about 2mm gaps on just 2 of the windows but 2mm is a pretty big fault really so I'll be sure to re do those 2.

Thank you very much voigts :thumb:.

Should have the replacement B3 motherboard arriving today :D very glad this is getting sorted before the case is ready :).
    How it works is I paid for the advanced replacement, I keep using the old revision until it gets here, do the switch, put the old one in it's box, contact MSI to arrange a pickup, they receive & refund the deposit :).

I'll really have to try & get to a diy store to get those needed clamps as the curved acrylic piece is up really soon :) lol I also have to sand away the red marker from the inside windows on the right panel & then give them both a final brushing :D.

18. djzic

djzic Bokehlicious!

Can't wait to see... but that means I won't be able to follow my favourite project. Me haz a sad :(

19. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D Had to go out & do a bunch of stuff so I said let's got to b&q while were at it :hehe:.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally got to the diy store to get dowel rods & a bunch of clamps yaaay :D.

So now the 2 I have already added to this bunch makes 10 clamps so can go & make the curved acrylic piece when I'm ready now :).

The B3 rev motherboard came today too :).

20. djzic

djzic Bokehlicious!