1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project Stealthlow - Completed - preview of project next

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Waynio, 30 Nov 2010.

1. Marcos_Viegas

Marcos_Viegas Minimodder

With these new cuts, the air flow actually was better,

And also visually style was great.

Great job!

Keep it up!

2. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Those vents look awesome, MOTY defo!

3. k.3nny

k.3nny Minimodder

[​IMG]

Pure P*rn for sure :D!

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Like the new vent patterns. -Especially the airflow fix to the bottom fan. :thumb: It really fits the style. I will still be thinking of ways to use copper-plated hex mesh because of you. :lol: It looked too good to discard.

5. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks Marcos :) it was really needed doing, couldn't feel air coming from the lower one before :eeek:.

:hehe: Cheers KidMod :).

Thank you Kenny :D.

Hmm the lowest one might make a come back it did look quite sweet on the macro shots :D & yeah it looked good & cost me a bit :lol: so would be silly to leave out really, thanks for helping me make my mind up about that bit Cheaps :thumb:.

But 1 fairly big problem, I just installed my last system into it & I really don't like corsairs cables the way the main atx cable splits into 2 with wires going all over the place crossing over & over, makes it impossible to get that super neat look which most get with sleeving, if I'd have known corsairs modular cables were this bad I would have chosen a normal psu instead of a modular one now, just can't get it neat which spoils the see through part on the right side so I see this psu as quite sleever unfriendly :sigh:.

I could use an ATX extender so it works as I was expecting but that means stashing a pile of wire somewhere which I really didn't want to have to do, that what p0Pe designed & had made with 3d printing should be mass produced, I really see why that is such a cool little piece now :D.

I'll try to see if I can tidy up the wire mess of the atx cable but I'm not getting my hopes up, I have some ultra thin black wire which should be able to hold the wires together which might fix the really messy mess of sleeved wires :lol:.

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:hehe: A good old winge about the corsair cables being crap & it forced me to do something with the 3mm copper rods :D but not entirely sure I'll stick with this although it immediately tidied the wires up nicely but the dark tint makes it hide almost completely so either I'm on to something ok with the copper spiral rods that needs more work or I should just go with the MDPCX cable clips :D.

The black wire I bought was useless & snaps easy when tightened so couldn't do what I intended with the copper wire supports so did spirals instead :).

Also I wouldn't mind making a right angle ATX power connector to keep the wires out of the way from the front fan (I seen such a technique done by Chiller :) so it's possible to do).

Before the copper.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Copper installed to tidy up.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thoughts? possibly on to an ok thing with the copper rod or not :D.

7. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I think it will be fine, and it looks great!

8. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

I can't knit pick it either, but .....Do you have a Heat Gun handy? Remove that Corsair PSU Sticker!

If they're not paying, they're not staying! :thumb:

9. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I agree totally with this mate. The copper wire bundling is different, thats for sure.I think the only thing I would add to this is a plate to cover the wires coming from the PSU and into the side of the case, but thats just me being fussy. Other wise all very neat and tidy :thumb:

10. jocke92

jocke92 What's a Dremel?

I find the cooper wire made the always so boring cable stack look more interesting.
    Keep up the good work!

11. Marcos_Viegas

Marcos_Viegas Minimodder

The copper wire of the wires left the organization better, more organized and clean.

Seeing this hardware mounted on the case, I had an idea ... why do not you do a cover for the VGA?

I would be really cool and stylish.

With your skills I know you can make a wonderful cover! :thumb:

12. jeckulz

jeckulz What's a Dremel?

Im not 100% on the copper spiral around your cable bunch.

I see it like this, the whole build is clinical in level of precision.
    Clean cut lines that look like they could wound you, but in a way you would feel fortunate of. Every piece purposeful. Never function without form.

And then theres this random spiral of copper off-cut that looks like left overs.

You know, we know you can do better. :rock:

13. BOBDBONE

BOBDBONE Owner at BS Mods

Just awesome man!

The copper spiral definitely dresses it up. :rock:

14. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Very nice cable management. The cables look awesome wrapped in the copepr wire. Reminds me of how Boddaker used the silver rings in his Trident mod, modding enginuity at its finest. Excellent work Wayne :thumb:.

15. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Really nice idea bro! What about some copper clips for the cables? I know I always challenge you with crazy ideas but so far they turned out really nice as you executed the ideas more than perfect! :p Mod on buddy your ideas always rock! :)

16. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks KidMod, a bit more work on it & should be good :).

:D Agreed :hehe: thanks Bill :) was thinking of making a polished stainless steel cover for it, I thought I might be able to get this complete this week but might be next week now as still have a bit to do internally & new ideas could pop in before I'm done :D I think Ideally the main ATX cable needs extending so it can be on view in the light tint windows & so it curves like the windows.

Hmm got my work cut out to cover the wires well while keeping the SSD visible but should be able to do it, if they were straight a to b wires on this corsair psu I could leave them out as they'd be neat, haven't done any sharp sheet metal bending since the xbox mod but should be able to do it well still, cheers Jeff :).

Thanks jock :thumb: & it keeps with having a little copper on both sides :).

The hardware in the last shots the mobo the VGA are of my last system, the new parts will fit in better :), just put those parts in to see how things are shaping up, :D what a colourful motherboard gigabyte used to make :lol: thanks Marcos :).

It did take a few minutes to do :lol: like I said needs more work :D :thumb: thanks for the feedback jeckulz :).

Thanks mate I will add a bit more work into them though to try & make them better :).

Thanks Jase :) I thought I left heaps of space on the rear side which I did, think there is 31mm of space there but the main ATX cable with copper spiral presses against the window so needs tightening up a little to stop it from doing this, clips may be the right way but as Alex said below copper clips :D:clap:.

I could do that & will do that even if it's just to see how they look :rock::D cheers Alex :).

Thanks for the feedback guys appreciated :rock::clap::).

17. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Just been informed by qbazdz on ocuk about a place that sells right angle ATX connectors woo hoo :D:clap: be awesome once I get that installed as it'll stop the wires being an airflow problem :thumb:.

The acrylic scratch removal bits came today, it's novus 3 heavy scratch remover which I shouldn't need to use, 2 fine scratch remover which I'll use, 1 plastic clean & shine & a couple of 5 packs of 100% cotton fine polishing cloths.

Also the standard 18-55mm canon IS lens came today & give it a few shots to do, here they are :D.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not bad, not nearly as good as the sigma lens & feels like a toy but not bad picture quality, much better than my dads older lenses so I'll be happy with that & it's not an expensive lens so I'll be happy to use this in the workshop also so much better being able to be much closer to what I'm shooting was quite a mistake not getting a zoom macro lens as my main lens (I'll still take care of it as if it was an expensive one though) :).

18. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Have a look at the one I made for "HeatBlast, it took about 10 mins to knock that up from an old side panel and an off cut of some mesh.

19. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

These twizels took about that much time :D just kept wrapping the rods around a suitable rod , snipped off the straight ends & wrapped the wires around it :thumb: still needs a little work going into them though :).

Just got all upper level fans installed & it's still silent but also with the push/pull fans the flow is rather good now so the overclock should be perfectly fine :D so now I have all the fans ready to properly start on needed cable lengths & get the wire work done on them.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also ordered 5 ATX right angle pieces from America (they are white though so I'll have to colour them) & thought I could double 2 of them up so it points to the other side of the mobo tray so will keep the airflow completely clear :).

20. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

Wow, hardware! The cable management looks great.

Be careful with that Novus #3. The Novus polishes are great stuff, but that number 3 will scratch up a smooth piece pretty bad. Its only for rough pieces. Make sure you test it out first.

So far I've been very happy with my Tamron 18-200mm lens. It is a great all-around lens, and doesn't distort on one end or the other like some zoom lenses tend to. I want to pick up a 10-20mm lens sometime later. I still have to finish wading through the manual though. There are so many options and settings that getting a real DSLR involves a real learning curve.