1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: SuiSid3l UPDATE 31 Oct. Touch Sensative buttons underway

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SuiSid3l, 5 Oct 2006.

1. SuiSid3l

SuiSid3l What's a Dremel?

I have to say before I begin my first complete case mod that Ive only been searching bit-tech for about 6 months now and I have to say this collection of modders and posters is just the best Ive seen. I have done several smaller modifications to my cases in the past but the sheer amount of incredible case mods has amazed me.

I cant go on without naming a few people who have really inspired me to do this namely the mods of Defyant, g69t, and Darkened's Orange Monster.

I named the Project SuiSid3l due to my devotion towards gaming, my tag for Warcraft 3 and the ever popular Dota custom map has been with me for years and so I dedicated my frist mod to my 1st and only tag..SuiSid3l.

I have a very special piece planned for the end of my mod inspired by g69t and his darkblade computer. But I will leave that for the end, wouldnt wanna spoil the suprise :thumb:

First things first, Hardware:

Intel Core2duo E6400
    Intel BLKDG965SSCK Socket T (LGA 775) Intel G965 (Micro ATX)
    2gb Patriot DDR2 533
    Creative X-fi
    Nvidia 8800gts
    2xWD 250gb HDD SataII 16meg cache
    Hiper Type R (anodized blue) 650w sli certified power supply

I will list pictures of the hardware when the time comes to install them, now to tell you I have chosen mainly all danger den liquid cooling hardware and ill post pictures when the time comes.

You might notice I have placed Nvidias G80 graphics card in the mix, it has a hard date set at mid november and Ill be trading in my x1900xt for one the day they come out. As for the rest of the gear I have purchased it all already and its spread across my desk in a test setup as Im typing.

I started by using a micro atx case from a Compaq sr1650nx computer and well....you will see! Hope to have first pics posted tonight after Im finished with beginning.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 31 Oct 2006
  2. LuitvD

LuitvD What's a Dremel?

well, show us some pics then, you've made me interested in this one...

oh, just one thing, If you are naming some people... please do it right ;) (it's G69T, not 69GT)

3. SuiSid3l

Project: SuiSid3l

Very correct I apologize, it is g69t, was in a bit of a rush this morning. Thanks for the correction.

4. SIMSY

SIMSY What's a Dremel?

defyant is certaintly a big inspiration for alot of people and G69Tis also a big inspiration for people with cnc machines at hand.

Cant wait to see some pics of this sounds very pro at the moment lol

5. SuiSid3l

Since I was in such a hurry to tear down the case and get started I made a rookie mistake and didnt take any pictures of the case in its original form, hence I was forced to ninja a picture of the stock case.

Last edited: 6 Oct 2006
  6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

7. SuiSid3l

Yea I got the images just copied to wrong section in the address. Was uploading images and posting at the same time and didnt realize I copied my upload file.

8. SuiSid3l

Well the camera I had my innerds photographed on just died on me itll have to wait until tonight. Meanwhile Ill show whats been completed for the front of the case. The outer strip of the case with the words "compaq" written down the sides will stay, though I dont want compaq written down the side of my case, so I went to work. Stripped out the entire black front panel so be replaced with honeycomb mesh after ive completed the modifications.

Cant go to work without supplies....
    [​IMG]

And here is the outer section of the front on its first bondo coat....
    [​IMG]

The first coat sanded down with 3m sandblast 180 grit sandpaper
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then the second coat to cover some of the small holes left from the original
    finished off with some 3m sandblast 320 grit. The proceeded to rough up the entire piece with the same 320 grit and hit it with first 2 coats of primer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Never even knew it was there! gonna finish up the primer coats tonight and get the mounting holes drilled, without the front black plate I need to find another mounting alternative.

Last edited: 5 Oct 2006
  9. SuiSid3l

I know everyone here at bit-tech loves to see large vibrant pictures in project logs and so I will continue to post them in that way. I know I hate clinking on links to view all the images in a log.

10. devenfore

devenfore LANCandy

Looks like you did a good job on the pre-painting work. :)

11. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

I know I don't, as people tend to post a dozen pics of the same part :blah: . My advice is to save the large, vibrant pics for the finished or near-finished mod. 400 (preferably) or 600 wide pics are fine for the work-in-progress shots - easier for you to upload and for us to view.
    If you had've read the Project Logs Rules before starting your log you'd have known we don't allow links-to-pics ;) .

Also, as per the rules, you need some pics in your first post - edit that rather than putting your first pics halfway down the page. If people hit your worklog and can't see any pics in the first post they tend to go look at something else. :thumb:

12. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Hey there.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this, especially since you mentioned my mod there also :hehe: Thanks for that.

If I may suggest, you should definitely resize your pics to 640x480, not that they are too big, but they'll eat your bandwidth restrictions really fast (unless you have the pro - account at photobucket, which I'd suggest also). And think about if you want to keep using photobucket in the first place, there's nothing wrong with it, but changing about 150 links isn't much fun (been there, done that :D).

For the mod, the hardware list looks promising and so does your bondo work. Just remember to do your mod on your own terms, filing your details and polishing your stuff until they are just right, aim for perfection (there's no such thing, but it's good to have an aim in modding :hehe:). Oh, btw, the bondo work looks good, but just to be sure, check the piece in different angles in good light, it's a b***h to notice some scratch or dent after you've painted that whole thing. Anyways I'll be keeping my thumbs up for you and your mod :thumb:

Edit: And G-gnome beat me to it :D

Janne

13. SuiSid3l

Ill go ahead and resize all the photos per g-nomes suggestion.

And in fact I did catch a little bit of a lump on the left side of the panel and im gonna hit that b4 i move on to the finer sanding.

Last edited: 6 Oct 2006
  14. SuiSid3l

Here is the case after I had drilled out the rivets to begin work on the case itself. Havent decided weather to paint inside/back of case or polish/brush it.

[​IMG]

15. SIMSY

SIMSY What's a Dremel?

i dont think ive seen any1 brush the whole of the inside and back panel of an original case.
    would look good.
    your obviously good at bondoing and painting how you do good.
    what ideas are you working along? do you have a plan mapped out?

keep it up.

16. SuiSid3l

Yea I have an outline of some of the things I would like to incorporate into this mod. Im keeping my options open just in case I get a fresh idea while im just wondering around work or something. Just got an amazing idea to completely fix two major problems I was having with the watercooling schemes. My cube-mates idea actually :clap:

17. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Post your ideas! :eek:

18. SuiSid3l

Planning on leaving out the black front, to be replaced with black mesh. A billet Aluminum power button plate will be the sole part mounted in front. And to keep the front very sleek im going to go with a single slot loading DVDRW. So there will a be very stealth like single slit in the mesh (padded to prevent cd scrathes upon retrieval) to insert and remove the cd's from the drive. Going to replce the old aluminum front (behind the black plastic front) with new aluminum to keep the front simple and sleek. So you will see the front of black mesh with brushed aluminum behind it. A black slot loading dvdrw drive will be visible and just below that, a 5.25 bay reservoir with black front that im particularly fond of. IF that gives you some sort of visual image of the front then please stay tuned!

19. SuiSid3l

Almost forgot. At the bottom of the front panel, behind the mesh will be a 120mm black turbine fan to cool the danger den Stealth GTS 120 Black Ice Rad. (with blue lighting). Black/Blue/Aluminum will be the overall feel of this mod.

20. SIMSY

SIMSY What's a Dremel?

the image in my head is cool.
    i suggest this sort of mesh!
    [​IMG]
    good look.