1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project : Synthetica by AnG3L (Selling most of my parts)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AnG3L, 18 May 2011.

?

Choose which design to follow in order to create the ventilation (page 10)

Poll closed 24 Jun 2011.
  1. 1st design

29 vote(s)
    70.7%
  2. 2nd design

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  1. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks bro more pictures to follow as always!!!! :)

2. Droih

Droih Your too close if you can read this

Awsome, subbed I am!

3. matiss

matiss Member

I can´t believe it. You´re not looking for a few days and he´s up to the next amazing build ;) Can this man ever stop?

:D Looking forward to another genius AnG3L build, you can never have enough of his stuff :D

4. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Welcome to our journey bro!!! :)

This man is modaholic!! ;) Thanks bro I ll do my best so everyone will like this. My hands hurt so bad from the sanding and filing today! Soon, an update! :clap:

5. Nocturin

Nocturin New Member

...but you just fini.... Wow. Looking forward to watching the project log, I've watched two so far from my cave, just lurking around. You sir, are a fantastic design/fabricator.

*parks his cozy behind for a show*

6. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks a lot buddy for your support hopefully you will invite me one day in your cave to drink a few beers!!! ;)

7. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Can't believe I missed this, great start Alex! We're set for another winner.

8. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Music Enthusiast

I new something good was bound to happen when i left for a week

9. randomhero

randomhero Member

Whoa! Subbed! :D

10. voigts

voigts New Member

again, so soon??? I don't know how you do it. I've been chipping away at my latest for a year now.

I need to have some of the kind of friends that you have with access to a CNC, that awesome acrylic bending setup, etc. What I wouldn't give for a CNC router.

11. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX New Member

Love the efford you spend on trying to find that special design to work with!
    Bet your mind was bubbling with idea's just before you finished the last one ...
    Could turn out to be one of the few acrylic cases that (IMHO) are actually beatifull!
    So going to follow this one !

12. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Hey bro nice to see you again!!! Thanks! :)

LoL DP my friend thanks!!! Welcome to the show! :)

Thanks and welcome aboard!!! :)

Welcome brother to my humble journey!! :) Basically I will use cnc and laser for the main parts, but the main and most difficult job will be done by hand!!! :)

Thanks my friend for your kind words!! Indeed was tricky as I had to combine such difficult yet beautiful designs with a mod. Also I had to modify the particular design in order to fit the components and also watercooling!! :)

13. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

You are not allowed to ever stop modding! :)

It must have been a heartstopping experience to bend that big piece, that's not something you wan't to mess up! :lol:

14. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Indeed not allowed bro!!! ;)
    Basically I did a 5mm wide and 1.5mm deep gap on each bending point to bend it with ease, so
    it was quite easy. The guy in the pictures its not me btw he is a friend of mine who works in the acrylic shop and he is a real pro in gluing bending etc. He did the bending as I had to do some other things there and also take pictures lolz ;)

15. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Heh... Now you say it I actually see it! :)

Letting others do the dirty work and turn cameraman... tsk tsk tsk! :nono: :lol:

Ingenious sir! :)

16. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

LoL cameraman cheesecake :p
    Thanks brother, now I gotta prepare my next update!

17. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

So guys time to post the next update!!
    As you saw in the first update/post I showed you a piece of clear 2cm acrylic that I am going to
    use for the main chassis as corners and also as supporters for the aluminum construction.
    I cut 20 pieces as they are going to be 4 corners 10cm each.

I had to face some problems though. The laser machine didnt cut the pieces right, so when the people in the acrylic shop tried to remove them from the main piece, they broke most of them.
    Also they were cut pretty unshaped so my files and sanding skills had to take action.

Here are glued with acrylic cement glue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The filing and sanding took me 10 hours in total as I had to fix the broken pieces also with isopon and titanium wait for them to dry sand again and repeat the process till I had the perfect shape. Unnecessary trouble but hey, we are modders we have to fix things that are broken!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Filing each side and then sand them with 150 grit sandpaper. One more problem I faced was that my mouse sander broke during the work and I bought a new Bosch one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Isopon and titanium for maximum durability even though isopon was more than enough, my
    perfection madness told me to use titanium too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finished shots for now. More to follow soon hopefully!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next job was to sand the reservoir stand pieces and prepare them for assembly.

[​IMG]

The pieces glued together with plastic welding glue. I also cut the 5mm acrylic rods that I am going to attach on the stand for... aesthetic reasons mostly!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is fully assembled. As you might notice the edge of the acrylic isnt smooth due to the !#!@!%$ lasers machine bad functioning. So I will have to sand it and smooth it isnt it????

[​IMG]

After 2 and a half hours I finished sanding the edges!! The inside of the circles its not though as it holds the reservoir pretty tight and I didnt want to mess with that. Here is the final piece.

[​IMG]

Thats it for now guys thanks for reading my worklog. More to follow, hopefully soon as I need the hardware and aluminum pieces in order to continue!!

18. cchr

cchr Member

love the res alex! :thumb:

19. ColdzeroTeam

ColdzeroTeam New Member

wow... very nice res holder :)

20. Monkey Puzzle

Monkey Puzzle New Member

Mmm, frosty! Very nice!