1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Texas Tech - done, for the most part

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by JEEVES, 31 May 2004.

1. Goblin Tinkerer

Goblin Tinkerer What's a Dremel?

Hahhaha the statues but faces a&m.

2. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

wasnt its ass facing down main street and the town said change it so tech actualy figured out exactly wich way faced A&M and placed the ass facing it. I might be wrong on that, that is just what I have been told.

JEEVES

3. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I'm not sure about all that. Could be true, may not be...who knows? It would indeed face down main street (actually, it's Broadway Ave.) if it truly was riding into the sunset, because downtown Lubbock is due East of the statue. Broadway is the main entrance to the campus, so the first thing visitors would see would be the horse's rear. Of course, the whole town smells like cow manure when the wind blows in (which is just about every other day), so greeting visitors with a horse's arse would only be too appropriate.

Here is what I found on the Texas Tech website. Looks like there may some bit of truth to the rumor :hehe:

-monkey

4. Goblin Tinkerer

Goblin Tinkerer What's a Dremel?

Most of my family comes from oklahoma. Wasnt ole will an okie?

5. SitraAchra

SitraAchra Minimodder

Oh the statue is supposed to be showing its @ss to college station (A&M). I think it's funny that Tech has no rival so they try to steal our [UT's] rival [A&M]. ya'll can have......OSU...or Baylor...

anyways good luck w/ the case even tho I have a strong embitterment against Tech I can't hate another modder :D

6. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

Glad to see you all like the work we have been doing... the statue cut out was probably the hardest thing on the case so far, just trying to get it on from the glass i cut it out on...

well GO UNT!!! LMAO! :thumb: :thumb:

7. EdHunTer

EdHunTer What's a Dremel?

nice and simple...
    ...i likeitilikeit! :D

8. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

Well it is time for an overdue update. For the most part the case is done, still have some touch up work to do in areas but all in all it done.

After putting on the clear coat me and enigma polished the hell out of it. Like I said we wernt going for a mirrored paint job, just a nice smooth finish.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also painted the big T on there as well as the small t with a brush on frost paint (they didnt have my spray on kind, every other color but red :mad: )
    [​IMG]

Then did alittle polishing on the front as well
    [​IMG]

Then wired up the leds for the front as well as the power and hdd (they are a duller red but not on in any of the pics)
    [​IMG]
    And a shot with the flash off.
    [​IMG]

And then had to put it all together just to see how it looks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for no real explenations but I am at work as of right now. I will try to give a sumary of what we did tonight when i get home. Until then enjoy the pics.

JEEVES

9. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

looks great! what about painting the dvd/cd player7burner red to?

10. Nive11en

Nive11en What's a Dremel?

I love it! Great job on that case. :hip:
    But as Acid Burn said above - you gotta paint the cd/dvd drives black/red.

11. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

since we are using parts out of our sisters old comp (burner, dvd, and floppy) we cant paint them just yet... and we are using those to be a place holder for now.

and for not going for a mirror finish, i think we got it pretty damn good...

the fade kinda screws all hope for a mirror finish as you have to put it on in its own coat, but i think we achieved a very nice high gloss paint job with all the polishing we did on the clear coat.

12. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

yeah i forgot to say that those arnt the drives that are going in it. enigma was using the frame to put together a dsd router. The drives are going to be the same ones that are in her pc right now, I am waiting till she gets back into town to paint those drives. I just wanted to throw the front and sides on the frame to see how they look together. Trust me The drives will not stay that nasty color, I wouldnt spend this much time on a case to have the drives look like crap :thumb:

JEEVES

13. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

14. Rexxie

Rexxie What's a Dremel?

Nice one! Love the colors :D

15. coil

coil What's a Dremel?

You should also paint the inside edge where the front plate and the side come together... maybe it's just reflection from the flash, but I thought I saw unpainted metal under there (this shot).

16. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

The case isnt screwed into place. I just slid the case on the frame to see how it was going to look. When everything is screwed down tight there is not gap. It was late last night when i took the pics and I was way to lazy to actualy screw everything in.

JEEVES