1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project: The Answer (Full 4 player MAME cabinet) UPDATED 8/28/06

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Abom, 29 Sep 2005.

1. spr1nt

spr1nt What's a Dremel?

Hi Abom,
    This is such an awesome image:

[​IMG]

Do you have a higher resolution of it or is that the size you used for your control panel?

2. Abom

Abom What's a Dremel?

nahh I used alot higher res.

3. rlehm

rlehm What's a Dremel?

Well, Front Ends have come along way. You can now run "batch" files from them. You stay in the arcade environment, and chose systems, consoles etc... you can also set it up for ".bat" "batch" files. Which means, it will launch and play PC games in the arcade envirnment, with arcade controls, without ever showing windows.

So, with my front end, i can run any "new" game out through my front end.

An example, a guy on ebay custom makes a pc game where many, many, characters from all sorts of games fight. I can run that... and it's fun... so you are in no way restricted to "20 year old games"

4. crizzzZZZzzz

crizzzZZZzzz What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I've always been reading the bit-tech forum but finally I haver some questions!

First of all: Really nice project!

I'am building a mame too and 'd like to know what software you're using. So far I red you're using Windows XP and MameWah.

Do you have a tutorial to the integration of the emulators and which emulators do you use?

CrizzzZZZzzz

5. Mame-wannabe

Mame-wannabe What's a Dremel?

Oh my god! This has to be the totally most beautiful Mame cabinet I have EVER seen!

IT is so cool, and it really makes me want to build a cabinet of my own. Complete with all the good ol´games, on a high resolution LCD so I can run modern games too... The best of both worlds in the same awesome cabinet!

It is very sad that I cannot find anyone in europe that is selling these cabinet sets... I guess I can purchase the drawings and build it from scratch, but it won´t be the same with the laminated stuff you get when you buy a set like that. :(

The images for your art is totally awesome! If I understand it correctly they are custom made, something you ordered from the artist? Could it be possible to get a copy of those full-size images you have? From the ones you sent to be printed? Of course I don´t expect to get them for free!

Please let me know if you are interested. Buying the images for the cabinet would be the first step in building my own Mame cabinet...

Kent K
    Sweden

6. Abom

Abom What's a Dremel?

Thanks everyone, I'll actually have an update (gasp) for this eventually. As for wanting the high res copies of the images they are free for the asking. The only problem is thier size, I had to have them shipped to me on a dvd they are so big. If you want them PM me and Ill do it for the cost of shipping to wherever. And they are images I commisioned so no copywright issues.

7. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

Wow! Awesome stuff dude! Very Awesome indeed.:clap:

8. Slaughter

Slaughter What's a Dremel?

Well I would like having a mame cabinet but man it costs 450$ are you crazy :S! When you can have it even for free with an emulator and a low prices pc! How many hours are you playing mame everyday? :worried:

9. Abom

Abom What's a Dremel?

Heh, unfortunatly it cost way, WAY more than that for me to piece together. I figure I'm in it about 6,000$. To be honest I havent turned it on in months :p

10. crizzzZZZzzz

crizzzZZZzzz What's a Dremel?

Hi,

may I have some answers, please :lol:

11. Abom

Abom What's a Dremel?

Sorry man, I must have missed the post. I switched from mamewah to gameEx. Mamewah is very technical and I couldn't get it to do exactly what I wanted, way to much adjustment. I changed to gameex and basically if you are familiar with using any GUI you will have good luck with that one. There are many tutorials on all frontends on arcadecontrols.com.

12. Mame-wannabe

Last edited: 23 Sep 2007
  13. Mame-wannabe

Why does this page keep asking for my username and password?
    It is just this last page of this thread. All other pages work just fine.

It wants the username and password "for password protected areas".

14. simosaurus

simosaurus What's a Dremel?

+1

15. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

+2

16. wbdog206

wbdog206 not me

+3

17. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

+4

Spr1nt is the culprit. It's where (s)he's rehosted the picture mentioned. Abom uses uploadit for his pics.

18. widmod

widmod Minimodder

+5
    I want acess to this secret project built in a underearth nuclear bunker :eyebrow:

19. Gn0m0rz

Gn0m0rz What's a Dremel?

This project is absolutely stunning. Great Job :clap:

20. Baylorj

Baylorj What's a Dremel?

Can I also get access to the protected area. I would be very interested in the artwork used for my own cabinet.

Thanks