1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project| The Cube

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Geowal19, 17 Apr 2009.

1. Geowal19

Geowal19 What's a Dremel?

From reading the Mountain Mods H2g0 reveiw in Custom PC's magazine (Issue 068, page51) I fell in love with cube cases but I wasn't going to get a mirco-atx cuboidy case nor was I going to spend £305 on the H2g0. So I sat and thought about it, I love making things so why not try to make one, this was the result it isn't finished yet but unlike a lot of people on here i will update this thread within a couple of days when I have finished!

Yeh, still need to make the side panels, varnish then spray it black.

[​IMG]

Top left the DVD drive slots 3 max still neeed to do the 3rd. Bottom motherboard and tray.

[​IMG]

Top left PSU, top right HDD racks max 4 still need to finish. Again bottom motherboard and
    tray.

[​IMG]

A top view of the case with the PSU, optical drives and HDDs.

[​IMG]

The bottom tray with the motherboard and cables coming down onto it.

[​IMG]

The HDD rack.

[​IMG]

The optical drive rack.

[​IMG]

The front, I know is ugly at the moment but will look a lot better with some LED lit fans and a matt black finish.

[​IMG]

The back of the case needs to expantion slot ports cutting out and the I/O plate hole cutting along with a hole for the PSU to breathe.

[​IMG]

The motherboard will be prescewed onto the tray which can be slid in and out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The left cables hanging down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So all I need to do is cut out the appropriate holes, sand, install fans and lighting, install an on/off switch, finish the drive bays and fill the holes in the case with wood filler vanish then spray it black then vanish again to give a protective layer. Easy!!!