Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Paslis, 4 Jan 2012.
Thanks jeff and its long from finisht so stay tuned.
That looks great! Really solid and stable too!
Thanks and yes i was very suprised in how stable the columns are and the same with the column for the screens.
OK, that last reply to what I said was... I wasn't saying use it on your wife. (You must've read 'preset' and thought 'speeds' or something...
I really jumped in because I noticed the base has a lot of toe-stubbing potential with those points out front. That looks like it would hurt.
Your right about that Cheapskate and thats why the cover gets a round shape on the corners because i dont want anyone in my family to hurt a toe.
This weekend it was time to do some modding again.The mobo tray en the cover for the 4 casefans at the front were cut on the lasercutter.
Then i bend the 2 pieces.
Then it was time to make the standoffs for the mobo.For this i used 8mm stainless steel with M4 thread.
After that i drilled the holes for the mobo in the mobo tray and mounted the standoffs on the mobo tray and placed it inside the desk.
Time to mount the mobo on the tray.
Time to mount the fancover and this is how it looks at this point.
This was it for today.
Thanks to my sponsors:
Awesome update, that's 1 very neat looking mobo tray.
Looks great, nice to have such room that you can only get in a desk size case. This really is one sweet build.
looks interesting, i will be following...
nice progress! senses awesomeness! =)
Thanks craig and yes room enough.
Just keeps getting better.
Oh, and nice motherboard choice too.
Looks great mate, I love your work still its insanely detailed and neat love the idea too, keep it up!
I've been watching but I'm always stumped for words. Clean, precise work and nice design too.
Thanks John and the mobo will fit the colors im gonna use.Titanium grey and blue details.
Thanks wejjy i will keep it up.
Thanks for your kind words Atilla.
This weekend it was time to start working on the cover for the back side.For this i used 3mm aluminium.
First i cut a piece of the right measurements and bend it.
I want the cover to go with the design so i cut the pieces for the corners.
Then i weld the pieces together and did some finishing.
Then i made the side pieces for the cover with the holes in them for the 80mm casefans.I was so busy making them that i already finisht them and then i realised that i forgot to make some pictures.At that point i spotwelded all the pieces together.
Spotwelded the side pieces on the cover and finisht welding them and some sanding ofcourse.
Time to fit the cover and this is how it looks.
The cover is stil not ready but im satisfied how it looks so far.
More to come.
Thanks to my sponsors :
Bending 1mm perfect is nice but 3mm that is 1 heck of a beauty of a bending brake bet that piece is wickedly strong, that table is fantastic also & perfect work to match the awesome gear.
Simply beautiful fabrication all the way.
Seriously drool worthy desk case & that's without the hardware.
yeah exactly, he could put a pII 300mhz in it and i wouldn't care
You got a subscribe. I love this build and I wish i had such a table for my self. Keep up the good work..
it seem to be so ... perfect !
love your work, keep going this way !
Separate names with a comma.