1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project - There is no name yet

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by whypick1, 2 Oct 2003.

1. whypick1

whypick1 The über-Pick

To celebrate my 1000th post (w00t), I'm posting here the work-in-progress worklog (brought to you by the Redundancy Department of Redundancy), which is right here. As you can tell, I can't design a site worth a damn, but I don't really care.

Now, I figured this post should include a bit more than just a link, so I'll answer a few question that you may or may not have:

1. No window, why?
    A. I've seen the inside of a computer before, not much happens in it :p Ok, to be honest, I'm still pissed at my last foray into trying to make a window. Plus, when you do a window, you have to do other things, like get internal lighting, tidy up the wiring, hide the duct tape, et. al.

2. Stealthed drives, no window, no floppy, silent computing, it sounds like you're eliminating everything that makes it look and sound like a computer.
    A. What so wrong about that? (ok, so my question is a statement, and my answer is a question, it happens)

3. Aren't you being full of yourself with the side panel design?
    A. Not at all, I want everyone to know who's behind my computer so they know which direction to direct their cursings at during LANs.

4. What's in your rig?
    A. AMD Barton 2500+, Coolermaster HHC-001 w/ Panaflo 80mm M1A via fan adaptor (that'll change), Chaintech 7NJL1 mobo, 512mb PC2700 generic (I'm not overclocking....yet), ATI Radeon 9500 (depending on my luck in a few weeks or how much cash I can scrounge up, it'll be either a 9800, 9600 or a 9700), WDC 60gb HD, Diamond Monser Sound MX300 (quite old-school), Creative 12x8x32 CD-RW and 32x CD-ROM (how I *so* want to upgrade those)

5. How's the airflow/noise in your case with 120mm fans?
    A. Well, I can definitely feel the air coming in through the front (care of the included thermally-controlled 120, me thinks it's a ~60CFM unit). The exhausted air doesn't feel all that hot (coming from the EXCELLENT Enermax 120mm non-adjustable model, 90CFM, ~32dBa). Truth be told, I'm going to 7v the Enermax and the other 120mm fan I'm going to swap for the front one (roughly same specs as Enermax), but first I have to tail it.

6. Can this post get any longer?
    A. Oh you bet it can. I could include rants about how much Creative Labs sound cards suck, how nVidia has one of the most reprehensible PR teams behind it, or how much pre-modding is commercializing an art form, but that's not for this post.