1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project :- Titanium 4 U | update 22-03-05 CARRYING HANDLE & HDD Mounted !!!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by j.rhy@n, 10 Feb 2005.

1. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

ye, I could get a Lazer Cut blow hole cover with same design for fan cover... but it looked tacky becuase all other holes has Black rubber sealing, so I went for all the same..

As to the original window decal it also looked too tacky and the rubber was too thick and didnt match the rest of the lid... Im very very picky when it comes to things like that...This is my first case and I wanted to have it half decent... I also want to get if complete so I can crack on with my next ..

There is not much to do but small things that tidy it all up...Im not sure if I should add some more colour in the case besides the hammer look blue paint..

2. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

color is nice i like it is different maybe some tribals in black i dont know is up to you or maybe some badges matching the window etched scheme....

sorry for my english i know it sux :wallbash:

3. Novakog

Novakog What's a Dremel?

Looking nice, your wife is a very good etcher! Keep it up!

4. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

she is, but she give in and I finshed it off on a different plexi. Our first attempt was more of scratching (trying to colour it in) rather than an etch, so i had a second sheet of plexi and decided to do it my self but only the outlines.

Its near complete and awating mounting...

5. (X)TORNADO(X)

(X)TORNADO(X) What's a Dremel?

Looks really nice... :thumb:

6. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

I thought of a new name..

Titanium 4 U :hehe:

7. Bum

Bum What's a Dremel?

I just came across your project a few days ago and have been reading through it. I'm finding your workmanship and attention to detail excellent and the mod is looking great. I was thinking as I read about your etching that I've seen several etchings done on the various forums that have looked great when lit edge-on with LEDs. It really seems to pick out the etching. http://jessalba.weblution.net/P1000454.JPG This is one in particular I was thinking of but the link seems to be down right now. Hopefully it is restored. Keep up the great work.

8. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Tonight sitting at the dining room table I decided to hook up the front pannel , inser CD Rom drive and do a little more wiring. Still a little way to go.

Ive run in to a couple of problems, found out that when I connect my transformer for my speakers the whole box is alive. Seems as though the small jack at the rear isnt the correct one. Needs to be insulated and not metal to metal...

The plastic tubing I put on 1 or 2 wires is a little difficult to route , so the tubing from the toggle switches will be removed and this way it will allow me to route the cables better. The tubing to lighting , prw on/off and reset etc etc will remain as this can be seen thought the case...

Ive made a stealth front pannel for the CD rom , just waiting on the paint to dry a little..

Still have to fix a HDD some where , I think I shall mount it on some plexi to the side of the PC (Bottom Side)..

Anyways here some pictures of the pc switched on, some cables are a little messy so ignore them...Oh and last thing , Im gona get some UV paint and paint the CS S Etch....

before..
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Mar 2005
  9. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

Sorry I haven't posted here in a while but this project is cming along nicely i love the etch i wish i could do one as great as that one

10. kaotic504

kaotic504 What's a Dremel?

dude, that is the greatest etch i have every seen, great work man!

11. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Thx man... I dont think its top notch but once its painted with UV paint I think it will look a lot better....

Still got a little way to go yet, I blew a transformer last night becuase some how my rear connector is shorting on the case (Wired wrong ?) or the socket is designed for mounting on plastic...

Outer part of the socket appears ot be live , not sure how it can be as the socket only has 2 connections :-s must investigate, I have a spare transformer...

Socket -

[​IMG]

12. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Nice work :thumb: Have you not considered drilling some LED's into the perspex with the etch on? It'll make the etch much more visible :)

13. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

Thats a nice etch :D

have you thought about lining/painting the inside? :naughty:

14. (X)TORNADO(X)

(X)TORNADO(X) What's a Dremel?

That is so cool... And all I can say :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

15. CaseyBlackburn

Ok i think i know what your problem is the dc jack you have there is metal and the wires are connected to the middle pole and outside area since it is metal the outside areas curent moves from it to the screw thing through the washer and onto the case which now the current from that one area is now throughtout you whole case so you need to get a plastic connector or get a rubber washer or sometrhing to insulate it.

Hope that helps

16. Pitbull

Pitbull What's a Dremel?

nice job!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :rock: :rock:

17. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Ye , its the wrong socket :duh: but never mind I shall get a plastic one soon or insert a plastic bush instead....

Thx for comments...

As to the etch , Im not sure to purchase UV paint here or fit LEDS to the outer part of the window, I have 100 led's so I have enought to spare :thumb: Im again deep in thought.. Ive also give it a new name as you can see from Main Topic. If any one has ideas on how to brighten it up a little to go with the new name then give me a shout..

One or 2 little things done..

Some one suggested in an earlier post to Sleeve the main prw cable , so I did and also new Molex and 20 Pin UV sockets came , so Im starting to re fit these..
    [​IMG]

I had a small bit of mesh left so I tested a peace on the back of the PSu , I shall purchase more soon and make it fit better as well as make a peace for the rear hole...

[​IMG]

I mounted the speaker cable throught a rubber grommet to the rear of the case...Im not sure I like the way it sticks out so Im going to plan a different aproach..

[​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Mar 2005
  18. CaseyBlackburn

I think you should solder the wires for the speaker directly to the motherboard if you look at the bottom of the mobo for the pins for the speakers and just solder them in and the that still allows you to hook up a second set of speakers up to it if you like. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :hip: :hip: :hip: :hip:

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) (sorry :) i was having a smilie frenzy)

19. ehrnam45

ehrnam45 What's a Dremel?

I would suggest a 90' plug if you can get your hands on one. better strain relief for what you're doing with it. you can also just get a standard headphone splitter at radioshack/walmart/wherever if you want to add external speakers later on. that's what i had to do with my htpc setup to get the PVR-250 to capture audio: 5.1 speakers using 3 stereo mini-jacks, but the PVR-250 needs the speaker out to get audio. strange...

20. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

I was thinking about soldering direct to mainboard , its not that simple (Apart from void warranty) the whole sound ports are cealed in a silver box , this means removing all first to find cables..I think the right angle jack is an easier way and then using a splitter. I already have a spare splitter but for now I dont plan on using external speakers, hence why Ive built them in to the case. The speakers Ive fitted sound real nice.. :D