1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress ProJeCt : ToTecHniKa by AnG3L (09 April - Totechnika's video)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AnG3L, 3 Sep 2009.

1. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

:jawdrop:

Even switches are works of art!

2. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks buddy! :) The Indian head though was from a necklace, so I dont get all the credits! ;p

3. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

damn man! you´ve come a long way since last i tuned in! that top is simply amazing!

4. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks buddy! Yes its been a long time to see you! Where have you been?

5. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

Amazing work mate, even better than id imagined and thats saying something. Consider yourself a pro!

6. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

busy:D but ready to mod again now;) going to Lithuania in a week for some meeting and ****, but then its back to modding again:D
    when do we see an update;) ?

7. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks buddy! I would like to be a pro one day, but the competition is really hard, but I am trying to keep my dreams alive by trying! :D

Busy man I see! I am not sure about the update but just a note, I have to create an extra base for the cabinet cause the rad with the psu are too close, so I am going to do an extra base to lift the cabinet higher.... Next time I ll do that from scratch or just Lian Li for sure! :rock:

8. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

My friends modders I would really like your help!
    I am looking for a hardware store in uk or anywhere in Europe that it can ship to Cyprus (Europe) that sells black oxide screws, nuts, different sizes etc.
    Thanks in advance!

9. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

chilled pc sell some and also Altecweb.co.uk. Failing that try ebay uk.

10. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks buddy, I did a little research and I found that altecweb is good! Thanks man!

11. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

12. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

Switches cheesecake :D
    hmmm yummy :D

As stated before the details are stunning.

13. Mikeyfly300

Mikeyfly300 Modder and lapping specialest

Hey there buddy goto my the thread i made in modding and tell me what i did wrong:(

then send me a email
    Thanks and Peace
    Mike

14. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks buddy! More on the cabinet in an update soon enough!

Ok Mikey! I am going right now. Keep your head up high and no worries at all! Peace! :thumb:

15. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I am back with one more update and finally the finalizing of the top cabinet.
    I had a problem with the radiator and the psu. I had to lift the cabinet a little bit higher so the
    radiator wouldnt be so close with the power supply.

I also removed the radiator to install the tubing even if its too late for that step I wanted to do that now so it would be easier later on, on the final assembly!

At first I installed some bitspower compression fittings but later on I decided not to waste them cause they are not going to be visible at all so I used regular barbs along with spring clamps which in my opinion are really trusty!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the creation of the extra base for the top cabinet.
    I used a 3 cm solid pine wood which is very solid and easy to work with.
    Measurements using the uneven technique on the middle part so it will look different from
    the top part, for visual reasons. As I said before all these little details and techniques at the end will combine giving a nice result. Its not easy for me to combine all these colors, all these
    techniques but at the end I am a guy that doesnt likes the easy way! :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some file work!

[​IMG]

One more art technique here! I am using this dremel bit here, to sculpt the wood and create in what we name it "sponge" effect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that I use fire for two reasons. To burn down all the leftovers that I couldnt sand and off course to give a better aesthetic on the surface.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drilled the holes for the bolts to pass through.

[​IMG]

After more sanding I did to remove and burned leftovers I used this varnish for the finish.
    As I told you I am changing the varnish layout to a mahogany one to give a darker look which is closer to the colors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are all the parts attached on the steel part of the case using bolts and nuts. The top of the bolt its cover afterwards with black liner, and when its dried its becomes like plastic with an uneven surface to match with the overall look. Forgive me for the quality of the pictures, as you know I dont even have a window in my room or the space to be able to work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So after this and that I am moving to some "case" work, eventually. Today I did some work on the motherboard tray, expanding the 24 pin hole and one of the sata holes cause I want to pass the pci-e cable too, adding one more hole for the power button cables etc to pass through and off course a lot of filing.... stupid steel!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come soon with the work on the motherboard tray and the creation of the lower part of the case! Till next time guys, comment and tell me your ideas and share your thoughts with me or feel free to ask any question you like! Peace!

16. Bad_cancer

Very nice! This one too is gonna be huge!! Where do you put them when you are done?

17. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

LoL thats a nice question man! This mod probably its going to a friends house...! I dont have space even for a needle in the place where I live. I have to find a solution in the very near future cause I cant do anything there. I must find a very rich and wonderful girl without parents or relatives, which is going to love me and .... and.... my name is Patrick!!! LoL Only Patrick could do that cause thats nowhere near reality!!

And yes the mod is going to be heavy and huge but I believe it wont be taller than AnG3L!

18. Bad_cancer

Well if you don't have space you could always send it to my place :p

19. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Hahahahahaha that would be the most expensive of all!!! ;p

20. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Since I am gonna use old hardware I thought that I could soft volt mod my 8800 GTX's . I ve searched that matter but I couldnt find anything useful so I am asking your help if you know!
    On the other hand I am in search of 2 x GTX260 for sale and if they are watercooled its preferred!

If you know something, someone please help!
    Thanks!