1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [Project] Umbrella

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Suto, 4 May 2010.

  1. Suto

    Suto New Member

    Joined:
    1 May 2010
    Posts:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    [​IMG]

    Now, the second, bigger radiator. The Phobya G-changer, which turns out to be quite opulent with its measures of 338x145x60mm.

    To fit him into the front drive bays i had to remove 4 drive holding fixtures [1], which i removed using a dremel and circular saw [2].

    It now fits in the bottom, but Lian Li attached three drive bay holding clamps to the top 3 drive bays, the third one of these is in my way. They can simply be opened completely and pushed out [3].

    To fix the Radiator to the Case i went to the next hardware store and bought a 15x15mm aluminum sectional strip [4]. I cut em in two and drilled holes into them which allwed me to screw them onto the radiator. [5]

    Finally i attached two Phobya Nano G-14 onto the radiator and screwed the package into the case [6], fits like a charm!
     
  2. Raiden

    Raiden Portuguese reviewer

    Joined:
    26 Oct 2009
    Posts:
    377
    Likes Received:
    1
    Man i love those designs, they are just great !

    Keep on the good work , my project is almost like yours but different in the case , and in other things altougth as i already told you the theme is the same :D
     
  3. TonyL

    TonyL modding on welfare

    Joined:
    23 Dec 2008
    Posts:
    56
    Likes Received:
    1
    :( I can't see any pics in this thread
     
  4. Suto

    Suto New Member

    Joined:
    1 May 2010
    Posts:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
  5. TonyL

    TonyL modding on welfare

    Joined:
    23 Dec 2008
    Posts:
    56
    Likes Received:
    1
    looks like I did have something, removed it and now see
    [​IMG]
     
  6. Suto

    Suto New Member

    Joined:
    1 May 2010
    Posts:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    [​IMG]

    Next, i needed to build a mount to decouple the pump and install the HDD-Cage to the case.

    For the decoupling i used a 1mm Aluminum sheet [1] and cut it into 2 smaller pieces, one to be screwed to the pump and the other one onto the HDD cage. I also cut 2 layers of black rubber foam [2] to glue them between the metal sheets [3].

    Since i was not going to install the HDD cage into the 5 1/4" Bays, but instead on the bottom of the case, between the G-Changer and the PSU, it turned out to be too long - as expected.
    Drilling away some rivets [4] allowed me to remove the 120mm fan holding clamps attached to the cage, this gave me a good 25mm which was enough to fit the cage into its destined position ;)

    To be able to screw the cage to the case i just chose two of the many holes in the P50 and drilled matching holes into the bottom of the cage. Two more holes, drilled into the top of the cage allowed me to install my pump sandwich along with the pump and the Phobya Laing Cover onto the cage [5].
     

Share This Page