1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Project Unity mod combines 15 consoles in one box

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 18 Apr 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

But can it run Crysis? :p

3. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Damn, no MSX....

4. das_mod

das_mod What's a Dremel?

To think all the hours of work he could've saved and/or spent playing, if he had just downloaded M.A.M.E. instead :D

5. SAimNE

SAimNE What's a Dremel?

really is too bad that most mid grade laptops can run all of these systems, and many of them with texture mods and such to increase the quality above what the original hardware could pull off :|

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Very interesting impressive project done really well. :D

If I ever get urge for doing a bit of retro console modding I'll be sure to join his forum, looks very good for it & that man is a genius managing to do that although I can understand why he didn't make it 4 player, would make it 45 or 54 times more complex (difference is because it's unclear to me if it's 15 or 18 consoles & that's going as if all those consoles are 4 player which they aren't so :p would still be many times more complex though) as if it wasn't complex enough lol. :D

I would rather do something like this though myself, nice & simple in comparison by using tuned up emulators allowing for gorgeous looking case with nice engineering & excellent craftsmanship.
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=216627
    Or his even better version with projector.
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=236228

Think that answers the last comment on the article, not watercooled but doesn't need to be. :D

Still some really awesome retro console modding, The Console Centipede. :lol:

7. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Kind of defies the point. I still have my SNES (and NES, and 2 original DMGs) and highly prefer playing it to any emulator. You get all the slowdown in the right places, and certain quirks that just don't happen emulated.

8. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Did the video music remind anyone of skidrow? Not that i've ever run a crack, ever!

9. blohum

blohum What's a Dremel?

Awesome work, but there's one thing which stands out to me... he mentions that the original consoles give a more authentic experience, but surely part of that experience is using the original controllers?

Tags: Add Tags