1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project : ?????

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Stickeh, 22 Sep 2003.

1. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

ahhh...yes,
    my host seemed to of gone down :(
    but ill see if i can re-host them....thats if i can find the pictures now lol.
    [EDIT} Fixed pictures [/EDIT]

Last edited: 21 Dec 2003
  2. Stickeh

well i may as well put this picture :p
    [​IMG]
    got rid of the centre bit, filed it down and well it whirs at 6krpm and keeps the top of the hdd coooooooool.

i should be getting say a new mobo gfx + new case after xmas, this pc will be made into my second system which may also be used as my HTPC idea, where itry and fit it into the bottom cubby whole of my ?IKEA tv stand lol. cant wait, have so many ideas: )

3. Wicked Li'l Bender

Wicked Li'l Bender New Member

Stealth the opticals and use a three bay silver pattern to hi-light the front...

4. PC JUNKY

PC JUNKY Banned

:idea: That fan that you used in the 2 floppy bays is not a 45mm :worried: , it is actually a 50mm I am sure of it :worried: cause I just measured the size of 2 of the floppy bays in my Lian Li case and they measured to just a nudge over 50mm stacked and 100mm wide . . . :thumb:

Since this is the case you can get a 50mm fan grill to make that front dual floppy bay fan look a lot better. :) :thumb:

(YOU CAN GET 50MM GRILL HERE)

Last edited: 1 Feb 2004
  5. -SilentNight-

-SilentNight- Hardcore pro gamer

niceeeeee just cut top fans holes off just a grill... and do litle better as of that floppy fan hole its not roundy...

6. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

7. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

Nice work for a first mod. Keep it up!

8. omicron

omicron Baud.

That sucks.. I'm doing the same course, my teacher approves..
    BTW nice work so far, waiting for the next update!

Last edited: 26 Jul 2004
  9. Stickeh

Been a while since i last posted in here, seems strange to bring up such an old thread, but if you want an update ill supply you with some recent pictures.
    Things that have been done since last update:
    CD drive ( top ) painted black,
    Rubber trim added to top blowhole,
    DVD drive removed ( died )
    LED fans removed ( now in new case )
    Not really worth updating. This thread needs to die in the forum graveyard in the sky, or something...

10. RepLiKa

RepLiKa New Member

Bit old now.. but id love to know how ur mod is looking now... and wot other mods uve possiblely dun...?

11. Stickeh

Well right now... its got a black cd drive.. and its sitting here without any case panels... its due for an upgrade, going into a lian li pc7 case.
    Since this mod, ive got a new computer:
    [​IMG]
    Pics can be found http://modding.fishstick.co.uk/

Still a work in progress... But so far got the window panel, some cathodes, most modding was the cathode switch and the fan control switches, of which control either 0v 5v or 12v, makes for a very very quiet system.

12. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

Is that an IBM model M?

13. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Active Member

Eh, looks like one of those Akasa eclipse cases to me. :)

14. kanuslupus

kanuslupus Member

Pretty sure he's referring to the keyboard in #38.

15. Stickeh

Yeah that was my old IBM dunno what model it was back then, this project really shows how much this has changed... the room has been decorated and moved around ive got a new pc, tv loadsa stuff...

And Shadowed_fury its actually a Globalwin 61F i think, though there is absolutely no difference between the two :p :D

16. Confused Fishcake

Confused Fishcake Member

By the way, if you follow Nzc's advice and cut up the ide cable, are even if you have already cut/bent them, be prepared to get errors. You mess up the parity of the cable:

meant to be: signal 1 - ground - signal 2 - ground....

If you want to cut/bend it, then wrapping everything in foil, and then grounding the foil is mean to work.

Liking the case, if you are going to get a dremel, don't pay for the brand, I got a dremel clone from Aldi with 150 attachements for £15. One of the best tools I have ever owned (not counting gas soldering iron.)

With the really old pc, do something completely radical, I don't know what, but spraying a 1 metre square bit of wood black, then screwing everything on would look pretty good...

Another idea for your new mobo, get like 20 bloo leds, and stick them under the board pointing out, so there is a blue glow around the board. That pc has a lot of potential, make sure you make the most of it.

17. Stickeh

Dont need a dremel really, jigsaws *** :D
    The old computer has been disposed of about a year ago i think! No one ever used it, it just sat there.

I love the new case i have, like you said plenty of potential, i just need the time to do stuff to it, ive kinda fallen out the modding scene now, i dont need crazy ideas, i just want my pc looking cool and quiet. Simplicity is the key ;D