1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Projekt Passiv-Agressiv - Custom Radiators, waterblocks *03 Aug, FINISHED*

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Sanatarium, 22 Feb 2005.

1. dream caster

dream caster just lurking from out there

And how is the pasive cooling working?

2. Sanatarium

Sanatarium The Artist Formerly ATi_Loyalist

Thanks for your ideas, i think its more personal preference as to the wire coverings, I like the big ones.

As far as the aluminum plate on the top, that was a verrrry controversial piece when I was deciding the color scheme, but i went with aluminum, because there were other aluminum components, and I wanted to keep things balanced. IE, the feet, power button, fan controller, etc. I do appreciate ideas and sugestions, and I might paint that plate red after all, all depends.

The passive radiator works extremely well, heres some numbers for you:

When I first assembled the system. things went fine, but the radiator has a tiny leake where it had not sealed properly, so i removed it to fix, and in the meantime i tested the system with just the heatercore in the front. Radeon 9700pro was clocked at 385, with a 1.85 vcore, and the P4 2.66 was at 2.960. Temps after an hour of graphics intensive gaming proved to push the temp of the processor to 49C and the GPU to approximately 45C, Now, with the passive radiator as well, the temps have dropped to 34C CPU, and appx 31C GPU, with load temps hovering around 39-40C. I have no doubt my blocks could compete with a Maze4 or RBX, if I had the same radiator setup as most watercooling setups(at least 2-3 120mm size heatercores worth of surface area.)

Ambient temp was 24C for all tests.

Overall, the cooling system was highly effective, and I am very pleased with the result, as it is silent!!!

3. TomboyMS

TomboyMS What's a Dremel?

Damn! It's beautiful.

4. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Hands down one of the best projects I have ever seen.

Congrats.