1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Prototype

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by julianmartin, 10 Jun 2009.

1. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

So I "accquired" the game. It's awesome.:jawdrop: I love it. It's the best parts of Spider-man 3, mixed with Assassins Creed. I cannot honestly think of any direct criticism for it. I shall be buying it tomorrow.

2. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I'm loving this game. I have it for pc.

The plot is OK, and I'm being generous. It's the typical, dude with amnesia was experimented on by the government plot. Nothing all that special here, but I could care less.

There's one thing that happens when I play this. I havn't experienced it in a long time in terms of games. I'm having fun.

The combat is a blast. The movement is fluid and easy to control. There are some pretty key elements that you'll sit back and think, and let you know that the developers actually paid attention in this one.

I love the upgrades. They keep on getting more and more interesting and useful. With the addition to each one, a whole new type of play emerges.

Was the $50 worth it? Absolutely.

edit* btw I'm running a q6600, 2gigs of ram, and a 9800gt and it runs flawlessly at 1920x1200.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i shall aquire this when i get back from work on monday and try it, If its as good as some people are raving i shall order it.

however im hearing the pc version is limited to a pathetic 1280x800 resolution, can anyone confirm?

4. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

********. Works fine at 1680x1050.

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

thats what I thought, cheers for clearing that up.

6. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Yup, mine works fine at 1920x1080 as well

7. wafflesomd

I read that somewhere on some forum. Guy said it was limited to the vram you have.

It's not true however. The game doesn't care how much vram you have.

8. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

i'll be getting this beauty on the ps3 (just seems like more of a console title to me). i think the point with this one is not necessarily how good the game is, as long as its better than inFAMOUS

9. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

I'm not convinced it is...

10. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

As said previously this game runs VERY smooth considering the size of the map and the amount of cars and people you can see moving around.

I couldn't get to grips with the controls so I had to resort to using the xbox 360 controller but overall its an amazing game, really worth getting.

11. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

no? i played the infamous demo and didnt think it was anything particularly fantastic, havent played prototype yet

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

perhaps my pc gaming tastes have matured over time but I really didnt enjoy prototype, great premise but typical console plot pacing, weak gameplay mechanics and ropey visuals means ive binned it before the night is through.

2/10

13. wafflesomd

Since when do console games have typical plots because they are consoles? The gameplay mechanics are not weak.

You didn't play this game.

14. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

I'll give you a tenner for it then?

15. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I really enjoyed the infamous demo. The first time i played it i thought it was very 'meh' but on the next run through it got better and better. I would like to try Prototype as the two look very similar.

16. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

For me, inFAMOUS started off a little weak, and then got better the more I played it whereas Prototype started stronger, but I haven't been compelled to keep playing since going back to inFAMOUS. A hybrid of the two - Prototype's powers, destructive-ness; inFAMOUS' playability, slickness, longevity - would be awesome.

17. dinjo_jo

dinjo_jo What's a Dremel?

There is a Resolution Fix if you run into any resolution problem on the game.

18. RedDethX

RedDethX What's a Dremel?

inFamous demo was a bit lackluster I agree, but the full game was much better, I'm actually glad I got, I hope Prototype is just as entertaining when I pick it up, whenever that'll be.

19. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Well just picked up Prototype for the PC for €35 in my local Gamestop, even came with a little figure. Definately worth it, especially considering it is €49.99 on Steam, no box, no figure.....not impressed with that price difference.

20. davidfield375

davidfield375 Hardware Mods

Played it for around 4 hours..and now I'm board of it. The game is far too easy and "power ups" are nearly all maxed out within a few hours, making the game even easier. If you can pick it up for below £30 pounds I'd buy it, it not I wouldn't bother.