1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Proud owner of a GTX 680... for a day

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Neogumbercules, 30 May 2012.

1. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I don't expect the company to care a bit about my individual problem, but truth be told it hasn't been -that- bad dealing with them. They pre-paid the return shipping (though they cheaped out on that and sent me a label for UPS Ground... To California) and set me up for 2nd day shipping on the exchange.

I don't expect to have this cost me anything but my time and frustration.

Unfortunately there is a hiccup. If the Asus isn't back in stock by the time they go to process my exchange, it will automatically become a refund and I get nothing.

So uh... Here's hoping Asus gets a new batch to Newegg by Friday/Saturday. Right Bindi!? D:

2. MjFrosty

MjFrosty What's a Dremel?

This man speaks the truth lol. Although you're clearly a much better person ;).

I remember when some warehouse champ at Ebuyer sent me two X2 Athlons when I'd only ordered one.

Must be confusing when it says X2 in the product number. Duh

3. Reg216uk

Reg216uk Minimodder

Very difficult decision but i think you made the right one...imagine the horror of it going boom! and having no warranty.

4. Neogumbercules

Yeah being stuck without a warranty and a dead card would be my biggest fear there

An EVGA GTX 670 F T W Edition is in the mail. Seems to be on sale so I got it for the same price as a DCII. No idea when the Asus cards are coming back in stock, definitely not in time for my exchange RMA (Newegg automatically converts all exchange RMAs into refunds if the item to be exchanged is not in stock).

-Really- sick of waiting, so the EVGA F T W will treat me just right. Now if they send me another 680. Well. Yeah I'm keeping it.

5. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

You might not have made the worst of switches there. It seems this particular card is quite well liked. It's both fast and silent.

6. Neogumbercules

Browsed some reviews today and seems it's probably the next best thing to the Asus DCII Top. Runs head to head in pretty much every game test, falling behind only slightly when OC'ing, naturally due to the DCII cooler on the Asus. Because of the temps, it won't boost quite as high. That said, it's almost identical, so I'm sure I'll be happy with it.