1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding PS1 LCD mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by crazy_cow, 15 Sep 2002.

1. crazy_cow

crazy_cow What's a Dremel?

from what i usnderstand, the ps1 lcd runs off of 7.5V (dont quote me on 7.5V, does anyone know for sure? all i have is the raw lcd) ...how do i get this to run off of my psu...any help at all would be greatly appreciated. thanks

2. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

Perhaps this would be better in the electronics forum? There's a thread in there at the moment about using a PSone screen, and supposedly they run off 9V.

If you get this mod working then show us pics! :)

As for how to get 9V (or 7.5V) from your PSU, you need to look at voltage regulators. Basically a tiny electronic thingy, connect it up with a correctly sized resistor and you can get pretty much any voltage you like.

3. Phire

Phire Performance-PCs.com

better off buying the adaptor imho.....BgMicro had one that was rated below the sony one but from what i"ve heard it works fine....check this thread at [H]

Note: I do not condone the conduct and rules over there and will not go into my personal rants :naughty: about their behavior, buuuuttttt sometimes I get useful info from there...... :worried: