1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Ps2 slim tips wanted!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by khosrow, 1 Apr 2005.

1. khosrow

khosrow What's a Dremel?

hellow all

im planing to get a slim soon this week,did anyone compline about it or its 100% :rock: please reply

2. Peanut[UK]

Peanut[UK] What's a Dremel?

No complaints about mine. Works fine. The disc seeks seem fairly noisy, but it's a lovely little toy. I was actually shocked when I saw a mates original PS2 the other night - it's HUGE!

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I know what you mean. My bro has had his for 5 months now and it's silent compared to the ever so slightly louder GC and obviously the hurricane xbox. Saw my friends old PS2 and its HUUUUUUUUGE. Also the new one will defo play GT4 where some of the very old PS2s wont.

4. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

A few guys on the gtplanet, have sent there Slim PS2's back to Sony as they have got so hot wen running endurance races on GT4, that the disc has melted. :waah:

5. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

Compared to the original loud PS2, it's silent. Disc reads give out a little noise, but it is very quiet. And it's amazingly small, about the size of a DVD case.

I guess melting PS2's are in the minority, though there could be that risk.

6. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Mine is 99.9%, got it when it first came out and its a lot better than the old one, looks better, lighter and more portable, and the best thing about it is that the LAN connection is inbuilt.

One thing (the 0.01% badness), if you're gonna travel with it, don't forget the transformer, its external.

7. Mada

Mada Minimodder

Very pleased with mine also. Much quieter compared to my mates old PS2, just looks a lot better as well. Good value at £105 as well :thumb:

How awesome is GT4 as well :jawdrop:

8. rick

rick What's a Dremel?

does anyone know if you can get spare transformers for it?

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I'm 99% happy with mine (almost copycat post to MrWillyWonka), my only gripe is forgetting the transformer, the sometimes noisy disk whirr, and the lack of stands etc in the shops. :)

It's certainly the most practical and quiet console i can think of, beats the gamecube for awkward size, and the old PS2 and the X-Box for sheer size and noise.

Well worth the £100 imho. :thumb:

10. khosrow

khosrow What's a Dremel?

Thnx all for your replys guys :D.This week i'm buying this machine :thumb:

11. ehrnam45

ehrnam45 What's a Dremel?

My hangup with the PS2 line was the apparent lack of SPDIF digital out and component video out. The PSTwo (slim) has built-in SPDIF optical out, and the component connector is available either online or at sony retailers. The onboard networking was the clincher for me. I found a stand at wal-mart here in Korea for about US$15, and now it's on a bookshelf next to my bed, with the audio/video strung around the room to the tv/puter speakers. This little gem is going in my entertainment center once I get back stateside. Mmmmh, 27" of flat screen 600W 5.1 PSTwo goodie goodness!

12. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I dunno about you ehrnam45 but my PS2 has optical out and with the right cable will also do component...

Is it legal for them to make a game for PS2 that won't play on all models? That just doesn't seem right.

13. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

My slim PS2 broke a few months after I bought it. I haven't a clue what happened. May have been overheating, not sure. I sent it in and got it replaced and the new one works fine.

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It's probably a guesstimation about the laser power attenuation over time - an older laser may not have the right power to read the disk properly. That's my only guess anyway, they haven't really updated PS2's as far as software is concerned, not in a 3D/game way anyway. :)

15. duggyb

duggyb What's a Dremel?

i love mine...it is so small that when i was at princess auto(canadian store) and they had a SIRUS sattelite radio reciver case and it fits my Ps2 slimline and controllers cables etc perfectly...and it was liek $6 i LOVOVE my slimline

GET ONE!!(although i do like my computer better)

Duggy :dremel:

Tags: