1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 PS3 Ghost Busters is shown to be seriously 'Texture Gimped' compared to the 360

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by lewchenko, 16 Jun 2009.

1. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

I wanted to buy this game... I really did.

But having just read this article over at arstechnica.. there is no way Im going to buy the PS3 version.

Gimped PS3 Version when compared to the 360

I just dont understand how the developer (Terminal Reality) thinks they can get away with it ? Just watch the video on the link as well ... texture artifacting on the walls etc. Shoddy job indeed. What a crying shame.

We've all seen amazing games on the PS3 such as Uncharted/Killzone so its not a question of the PS3 being a worse console...
    Is this developer laziness or incompetence ?

In Europe, only the PS3 gimped version (with added bonus .. Wii graphics !) is for sale, with the 360 version delayed as part of a Sony exclusive.. Hmmmm... Just glad I didnt pick it up without reading some real player comments first! Lucky escape!

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Laziness.

But Sony own it in Europe so I've ordered an import copy of the 360 game :D

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I find this hilarious. Another shovel deeper into the hole Sony are digging.

4. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

I've orderd a PC version myself. I tend to avoid games on consoles unless it's one that is only available that way (Force Unleashed for example).

5. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

I've given up on PS3, moved to pc now. The only games I see myself buying for the PS3 are Uncharted 2, God Of War III and is that it?? No way! OMG it is....

6. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

Lol Ghost Busters I smell Flop!

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

It does look like there's a code bug in the PS3 version that only allows Standard Def playback...

8. dinjo_jo

dinjo_jo What's a Dremel?

The PC System Requirements for this game are insane, it requires E8400 and GTX 260 and graphics are bad too.

9. RedDethX

RedDethX What's a Dremel?

Little bit of both I'd think. It's like going back to 2006 and getting EXTREMELY gimped multiplatforms on the PS3.

I find it annoying when they bragged about their PS3 tech and it didn't even compare to the 360 in terms of graphical fidelity, developers need to learn something called parity for multiplatforms :/

10. alastor

alastor Minimodder

11. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

don't forget heavy rain!

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I saw that, I couldn't believe the difference, I thought it must be a hoax by a 360 fanboy who's just blurred the images a bit but it doesn't seem so.

Like Doug said, looks like somethings gone a bit wrong, there's no way it should look that bad on the PS3

13. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

somethings gone wrong somewhere...

14. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

+1. The PS3 should be able to cope, so it's either a bug or just extremely lazy programming.

I'll still be getting it on Friday, though. After all, in the heat of battle, who has time to look closely at textures? :p

15. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

i got a ps3 because i think the Xbox is tacky as **** and i saw no point in owning a powerful pc and an xbox, i must say apart from uncharted non of the exclusives have particularly grabbed me. also after playing GTA4 all the way through on ps3 and seeing the same game on my mates PC i was genuinely disappointed and wished i'd played it on pc.

i dont necessarily the ps3 is a duff purchase as it is a much nicer machine to live with than the Xbox, it just seems there isnt a "right choice" this generation. at the end of the day most games are released across platforms anyway so i reckon we're looking at a single 'serious' console market in future.

16. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Got it on PC, highly entertaining game :)

Shame there's no MP on the PC version though, rather annoyed with that.

17. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Give it time, it's in the code already, just disabled.
    I have to wait for mine to arrive from the US sadly.

18. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Its obvious, Sony are aiming to attract Wii owners because we all know Wii owners dont care about graphics, its the gameplay that counts.

They are trying to steall nintendo gamers lol

19. riggs

riggs ^_^

God damnit!

I love my PS3, but it just ****es me off when lazy developers can't be bothered to port the game properly. We've seen what the PS3 is capable of (Uncharted, Killzone, God of War etc) so why are we still putting up with borked version of games?!

If they'd have developed on the PS3 and ported to the 360 then there wouldn't be a problem (using Burnout Paradise as an example).

20. sandys

sandys Multimodder

In Isolation most people will just put the game in and enjoy it, not even noticing and accepting the game for what it is, the telling comment is that the guy from ars did the game on 360 and the had a go on PS3 and didn't notice until it was pointed out.

quite a lot of multiplatform games are subpar on PS3, its unfortunate but there's still good gaming to be had with them even so, same when the situation is reversed.

The bigggest problem with the the devs here is they look like arseholes due to the things they said re 360 vs ps3, muppets.