1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 PS3 Loses Another Exclusive and It's a BIG One

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheSaladMan, 20 Mar 2007.

1. TheSaladMan

TheSaladMan What's a Dremel?

That's right folks, Devil May Cry 4 is coming out for the 360 and PC as well as the PS3. This game was one of the only two reasons I had for getting a PS3 (The other being MGS4) and now that I can get it for my 360, well, there's no need to put two and two together.

Linky

2. LogicalChaos

LogicalChaos What's a Dremel?

Hmm this really makes me think, if this is the way of the future where a big franchise game is made for almost all consoles and PC how does the consumer choose between 3 console systems and a PC? Do you look for online capability's or do you look for the best blue ray or HD dvd player that comes with the console or "doesn't"? or do you buy a system that you can get the whole family around and play quick game or two? Or are most people still concerned with price and making there buying decision solely on whats cheaper?

In my opinion its all about the games but now that games like DMC are comming out on the xobx im not sure if i should buy a ps3 anymore, anyways good news im excited! :thumb:

3. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

It's good news for everyone. Everyone reads too much into this "DMC4 will move consoles" bit. It's a great franchise but don't give it credit where credit isn't due. It's good that everyone will get to enjoy it, when it boils down to what console people will choose, 1 game won't sway the balance. If you owned a 360 for all of it's great games, surely Devil May Cry wasn't the only reason you wanted a PS3. Assassin's Creed, Unreal 3 (never an exclusive to begin with), GTA IV (Never announed as exclusive either), and DMC4 do not make up nearly half of the exclusive titles Sony may or may not have had. Show a list of all these lost exclusives and I will give you a list of current exclusive titles 3 times as big.

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

GTAIV was slated to be an exclusive to begin with (like GTASA was) but then Rockstar said that there wasn't enough of an install base to warrant it anymore.

Unreal Tournament 3 would be brilliant on the X360 but the PS3 will allow you to use a keyboard and mouse with it. Microsoft need to get one for the 360

5. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Oh, I thought it was going to be something good like God of War. DMC was cack imho. Anyway, I don't know why this is so surprising, Capcom have been gradually moving everything multiplatform for a few years now.

6. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I really liked the first and third (second was okay-ish), if it is true that it's coming to the 360 then it's another reason for me to not get a PS3 eventually (of the announced PS3 games it was the only one that interested me).

7. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

Being a 360 owner this is sweet news. I recommend that the PC players get the USB xbox 360 controller since this game is meant to be played with a controller and it is a fine controller. I use mine for emulators all the time.

Putting blind fan boys aside I think the deciding factors for choosing a console now are the first party games and price. Last year I was in a bit of a dilemma on deciding which console to get but the Halo 3 made me get the 360.

8. mushky

mushky gimme snails

It's a good series but certainly no God of War. Time to dust the old ps2 off shortly for GoW2 :D

9. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I dont get the hype of DMC. I played the demo on PS2 and never had the urge to buy it.

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Me neither, it was cool, but...dunno what the fuss was about really.

11. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

I'm pretty sure you can buy some sort of adapter to enable a mouse and keyboard on the 360, infact i'm pretty sure someone talked about it on the forums here.

12. K

K 528491

Oh... DMC. Right. Very exciting. Hmm.

13. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

When I purchase a console, I don't go by what exclusives that console will have. Although that is a choice, and having Final Fantasy being exclusive to a single console is a good selling point for me, I try to look at the bigger picture. What does this console bring to me as a whole? I won't spend 5-600 dollars on a console just so I can play 2 games on it.

That said, I think the PS3 is a great system and I still want one. It will look nice sitting next to my Wii and my 360.

14. Robotrix

Robotrix What's a Dremel?

Why would Sony decide to just generously give away one of their top-selling game's exclusivity.

15. mushky

mushky gimme snails

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Shoe on the other foot now:

I've just learnt that Resident Evil 5 is not currently listed to be available as a Nintendo title, but will be released on the 360 a month before PS3. Although I was looking to enjoy a new controller style, I kind of want more to have better graphics and HDTV support. I'm glad they did it in hindsight, since Immersion based on realism is key imo. Although RE4 did look **** hot on the GC.

17. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Amen brother Amen!

I still need to go get me a copy of that game, me GC is gathering dust.

18. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

RE4 rules.

Really though, I like DMC a lot. I found the games very fun. However, I don't think it's THAT much of a loss. Out of the big 3 everyone liked to brag about as PS3 exclusives, DMC was the weakest of the franchises.

19. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

There is one, but it doesn't work in most games I hear, and is not officially supported. I would love real kb and mouse support for my 360, as I do far better in FPS games with them. Anyway its games like DMC that I buy consoles for, playing action games like that would be a nightmare on a keyboard imo. I'm probably going to end up buying a ps3 because I love GoW and ICO and SoTC, so I'll probably wait and see if there are special features for each platform.

20. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

So whens it out?