1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 PS3 Loses Another Exclusive and It's a BIG One

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheSaladMan, 20 Mar 2007.

1. plug_in_ross

plug_in_ross What's a Dremel?

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Of course it's not officially supported.

They guys who were made the Smartjoy Frag for the xbox are making this one, and currently it's only a prototype in development, so it's not going to be perfect.

In it's current form, it requires a wired 360 controller, which I think plugs into the adapter, which plugs into the 360.

Now that is big news, MGS4 is also not a proper exclusive, it's going to be released on the PS3, and quite possibly ported to the 360 later (like what would've happened before with GTA IV)

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I'd heard a vague rumor about that too... is it actually becoming somewhat credible? Cause if that's the case, I'm picking up a 360 without hesitation. I've never even heard of the DMC series until this thread (although I've only regained any interest in consoles in about a decade very recently)

4. stevie1556

stevie1556 What's a Dremel?

The best way to play games is on a powerful PC. However, the cost of keeping a high spec PC upto date then puts a console in the spotlight as value for money, whatever the cost of it. Also the fact that a console gaurantees to play all the games for it, where as a PC will need constantly upgrading.

Personally, I've just bought an xBox with 2 controllers and 7 games, but I'm debating about getting an xBox 360. In the next month or 2, my PC is having a £4850 upgrade just for playing games, just wish the ATI R600 would come out.............

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

$9000 on a PC upgrade? You're out of your effing mind. That better be a typo. I don't see how it couldn't be a typo, unless the pound lost ninety percent of its value overnight and I'm unaware of it. That'd get you a pair of 30" displays and the system to drive games at that res... with room to spare.

This is why I don't really bother with PC gaming anymore. Yes, I prefer the controls and the better graphics, but I've found it so much simpler to just use a Mac and a console, and keep a decent-spec PC around for what doesn't get a console port. It's kind of nice not having to deal with buggy drivers and stupid copy protection that breaks my games when I just play on the console instead.

But I agree - when it works, it's great. It's just too expensive and too much of a hassle at this point for me.

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

:jawdrop:

Isn't that just a little but OTT?

7. stevie1556

The price includes a massive water cooled system to rival the Vadim Dream PC 2007, and a Dell 30" monitor :D

Yes and no. Yeah, it's a bit OTT for a new PC upgrade, but that is just under a months wage after tax, so why not? :D

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I always find food is a good thing to spend my money on :p

What do you do that gets you 5 grand a month after tax?

9. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Moreover, gimme money.

10. stevie1556

Let's just say I have to be a peoples person..... :D

Got enough food, get even more drink, so why not? When I get settle down, get married, kids, etc then I may not be able to afford it so easily.

11. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

just under 5 grand for a pc is a lot but if you can afford it and its what you want why not

12. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

its called the xfps360, reviews have been a bit mixed some like it & some dont
    from what i've read it helps if you take a bit of time in the game menu to adjust controllor settings.

http://www.ghostriderszone.com/?p=46

13. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

I had a play around yesterday, and £6300 gets you a system with all top of the line (I am not typing all that out) and WC'ed NB, mobo, CPU, and one loop for each graphics card. That means you have 4 triple rads, four pumps (double pumps are a bit OTT). Dual 27 inch Dells. All Danger Den :) I think that PS3 is going to lose quite a few exclusive titles TBH. Just too many people prefer the 360.

14. stevie1556

I've been tempted to get a 360, but I like alot of the FPS games which are better on the PC. But then I like GTA and Gran Turismo, which a PS3 would be better for.

At the end of the day, the games industries is about swings and roundabouts. To get to play all the games that you want from the day they are released, you need to have a 360, PS3 and a PC.

15. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

You're a prostitute? Haha. :hehe:

Ian

16. stevie1556

Nope, good guess though! haha

17. Major

Major Guest

MGS4 - That will make me buy a PS3.

18. Major

Major Guest

5k a MONTH? Your on 60k a year? Fkin ell man!

19. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

To take nearly 5k home after tax each month you'd have to probably be on over 100k a year