1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News PS3 sold for $0.99

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 23 Nov 2006.

1. bllt2bnry

bllt2bnry New Member

The definition of pwned.

He obviously won't send it!

2. EK-MDi

EK-MDi New Member

...but quickly of course. Before the value goes back down to RRP.

3. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

But of course. I'm just laughing to myself at the whole furore, in the grand scheme of things it's gonna make zero difference whether you get a console now or in a months time - why such a massive brand loyalty to a company who can't even organise themselves enough to provide a sufficient supply of consoles at launch

4. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Ha serves him right, if he didn't actually want one, he shouldn't have been there lining up and not letting others get one who genuinely want one so much as to line up for that length of time.

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I think you guys may be missing the point on somthing here. THe way I read it he meant to start it with a beginning bid of $.99, which would have let the marketplace decide what it was worth. I could be wrong though...

6. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Yes that is what he ment to do, but I still think it is unfair for those who lined up for one.

7. toric334

toric334 New Member

Owwww, that has to hurt. Especially if eBay make it go through.

8. Ultimate Gamer

Ultimate Gamer New Member

thats a wups

9. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

Honestly, buying 4 consoles? That's evil! Think about it, you know there's only a ridiculously small number consoles in the entire United States, and you snap up four of them so the people who were lining up and entitled to these consoles have to turn around and pay double...

I'm not a console man, but I still think this guy oughta be lynched.

10. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I know it won't happen, but I hope the greedy fool is forced to go through with the 0.99 sale.

11. Iago

Iago New Member

Entitled? For Pete's sake, it's a bloody console!! A luxury item and one with specially poor value. Nobody is entitled to it, no matter how "hardcore" they think they are...Camped for 40 hours and didn't catch one? Bad luck...try in 5 years with PS4, or alternatively, get a life and wait 6 months.

I can't understand such a hate towards the guy. Ok, it's funny as hell, he made a mistake, got self-pwned and we all got some laughs. And no, he won't sell it for .99c and there's little eBay or the buyer can do about it. But the people guilty of this buying madness are not the guys selling the consoles...are the imbeciles that paid up to 1000€ for a X360 last year, and the retards that are going to pay even more for the PS3 this year.

But hey, "a fool and his money..." and all that stuff.

12. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Quoted for common sense.

13. ralph.pickering

ralph.pickering New Member

I don't think Ebay can make it go through... they could suspend the seller's account at worst, but in cases like this where it is clearly a mistake in the listing (and honstly, no-one could expect a buy-it-now of 99c to be serious) they would probably just issue a caution. The buyers could try and sue for breach of contract, but only a true muppet would risk the kind of legal fees that would incur if the case went against you.

14. Jokkocze

Jokkocze New Member

I dont know if I should feel sorry for the guy, or if I should laugh..

15. m0ng0lh0rde

m0ng0lh0rde New Member

He won't sell it. What's getting a bit of negative feedback going to do, make him cry?

Worst case, he doesn't send it, refunds (if the seller even sent $$ already with Paypal or the like) the seller, closes out that eBay account, and opens another.

Although, I would like to be a fly in the e-mail server these two are going back and forth on for this... :D

As for the whole "he shouldn't have bought 4 of them just to resell at a huge markup" discussion. My take is this. It's no different than getting an account with a huge distributor, buying high-end motherboards / cpus / video cards, marking them up significantly, and reselling them. Yeah, he prevented 3 other people from getting one, I'm willing to bet that about 2-3 weeks before X-Mas, major retailers in big cities are going to get good-sized PS3 infusions.

16. Ultimate Gamer

Ultimate Gamer New Member

yes they proably are i can wait i hope they go down in price a bit lol

wont happen but think of it lol

17. Stuey

They're not going to come down in price for a looooong time unless Microsoft and Nintendo gain a dramatic advantage.

Don't forget, Sony's selling these consoles at a loss...

I don't expect there to be too many additional PS3s until next year. Well, at least you're not going to see them on the shelves just sitting there. The Wii will be going quickly too, but with weekly shipments, a lot more people will go home satisfied.

18. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

But if MS is making a profit already they could afford a price cut, negate or at least shrink Ninty's cost advantage, and hurt Sony all at the same time.

19. Cleric_silencer

Cleric_silencer New Member

agree, he got what he deserved. haste makes waste.

20. Stuey

I don't think that MS could afford a price cut yet. If they could, they would do it right about now so that in the holiday rush, people would buy xbox 360s and a half dozen games and accessories.

Tags: Add Tags